PDA

View Full Version : The Great Debate Thread

Partial
01-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Anybody out there watching the debate?

Freak Out
01-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Cooking dinner...is this the FOX thing? Did they let Paul in?

Partial
01-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Its on ABC. Paul was on but he was getting pwned left and right by the other candidates imo.

Partial
01-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Hillary is really sounding and looking good tonight. Obama has looked flustered and Hillary looks smoother than silk. She has also given much more detailed answers.

BallHawk
01-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Obama really sucks at debates.

Partial
01-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Thats because he hasn't done anything and is just a pretty face and good speaker. Hillary and Bill Richardson are the good candidates here it seems. Edwards is shaping up to be Obamas running mate. I personally like Richardson.

BallHawk
01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Thats because he hasn't done anything and is just a pretty face and good speaker. Hillary and Bill Richardson are the good candidates here it seems. Edwards is shaping up to be Obamas running mate. I personally like Richardson.

Obama, if he gets the nomination, needs to pick somebody with experience, namely foreign policy experience. Joe Biden or Richardson would be the two running mates that make most sense to be his running mate.

Partial
01-05-2008, 09:38 PM
He has a pretty terrible showing tonight. I have a hunch Hillary is going to win NH.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2008, 11:07 PM
I watched both debates.

Democrats are going to kick serious ass in the general election. Just listening to the Republicans discuss health care, those boys just don't get it. The Republicans are on the wrong side of most issues.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Thats because he hasn't done anything and is just a pretty face and good speaker.

:lol: well, Obama has impressive intellect, too. He does remind me a bit of a TV Evangelist. His speeches are empty of content, it is all faith-based.

I think it's kinda funny that Obama is a serious candidate for president. Forget foreign policy experience, I would be more impressed if he had run, say, a McDonald's franchise for a few years. At this stage, Obama is ready to be mayor of a medium size city.

But Obama appears to have tremendous leadership qualities. And his opportunity to seek the presidency is now, even though he isn't mature enough for it.

Hilliary does have a bitchy streak that pops out now and then, but so what. It's not a Miss Congeniality contest. I think Hilliary has a clear mind AND the experience needed to get things done.

Partial
01-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Hillary and Richardson would be a formidable match. They were clearly head and shoulders above the competition tonight.

Joemailman
01-05-2008, 11:25 PM
If it's between Hillary and Obama, Hillary is the safe, but rather uninspiring choice. Obama may be a bit more of a question mark, but probably has more potential for greatness.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Hillary and Richardson would be a formidable match.

I'm cool with a woman in the White House, but not a goddamn Mexican. As Bob Dylan sang in one of his songs, "I'm liberal, but to a degree."

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2008, 11:29 PM
If it's between Hillary and Obama, Hillary is the safe, but rather uninspiring choice. Obama may be a bit more of a question mark, but probably has more potential for greatness.

Obama's leadership skills are obvious, he might be Reaganesque in that regard.

But I am very, very impressed with Hilliary as a thoughtful, balanced person. I don't know what her potential is.

Kiwon
01-06-2008, 05:35 AM
Cooking dinner...

Hopefully no baby seals or banned whale products. :P

Freak Out
01-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Cooking dinner...

Hopefully no baby seals or banned whale products. :P

I was on Saint George Island last year and had seal....

But last night I made an Italian style stew with Blacktail deer and polenta.

Joemailman
01-06-2008, 10:11 AM
I watched both debates.

Democrats are going to kick serious ass in the general election. Just listening to the Republicans discuss health care, those boys just don't get it. The Republicans are on the wrong side of most issues.

I wonder. The Republican will promise to cut taxes, and will try to convince the public that the Democrat will raise them. That tends to sway people. I think the Dems could make big gains in Congress again, but the Presidential election will be close.

MJZiggy
01-06-2008, 10:19 AM
They're gonna have a hard time with that argument, I think, because it's well known that the Bush administrations spent (wasted) one HELL of a lot of money. Even when Republicans controlled the legislature.

Joemailman
01-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Hillary is really sounding and looking good tonight. Obama has looked flustered and Hillary looks smoother than silk. She has also given much more detailed answers.

Hillary is looking good? :shock: Partial, you need to get out more.