PDA

View Full Version : Observations from watching the Seahawks...

packers11
01-05-2008, 08:19 PM
-kept portis in check, and had a solid running D

-had no running game, alexander was nonexistent

-Hackett and Burleson are decent players, but I don't think they will have
their way with the packers cb's

-Seahawks struggled covering Washington's wr's when they were in the slot, or when they put out more than 2 wr's... > I think the Big 5 could have a big day...

-Seahawks front 4 was dominant on pass rush... > Kerney a big reason...

-The cb's are very jumpy, maybe they don't respect Collin's long ball or they don't give a shit if they get beat deep

-Hasselback is very good but he will give the packers some chances to get some turnovers

- They go a lot of 3-4 WR sets, and occansionally empty backfield (sort of like the big 5, but with a rb instead)...

feel free to add your own observations and comments :

packinpatland
01-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Bring 'em on!!! :cow:

The Shadow
01-05-2008, 08:52 PM
I think Mark Tauscher will be a much better answer for Pat Kerney than the Redskins could provide.

LL2
01-05-2008, 09:12 PM
So are the Seahags our first opponent?

RIPackerFan
01-05-2008, 09:14 PM
I was surprised at how weak Collins arm was - his recievers were open but by the time the ball got there, they were covered. A lot of air under the ball.

I have a feeling that the Hawks will blitz heavily - trying to rattle Favre - so I hope the protection is up to snuff. If so, I think we can burn them with the pass.

Also, look for more two TE sets - with Bubba - a new wrinkle to the offense that we haven't really been able to do with Bubba out.

I think that Hasselbach is a little hurt - his throwing wrist seems to be giving him some problems and he threw three passes that were right to Redskin defenders (two of them were dropped). I hope the D-backs are using the Juggs machines.

Excited for the game - two weeks to wait is too much.

KYPack
01-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Good comments

Totally agree about Hass's arm.

it wasn't live. They did a pre-game shot of him workin' the wrist.

He was hurtin' for certain.

Packers4Ever
01-05-2008, 10:58 PM
[quote="RIPackerFan"]I was surprised at how weak Collins arm was - his recievers were open but by the time the ball got there, they were covered. A lot of air under the ball.

I have a feeling that the Hawks will blitz heavily - trying to rattle Favre - so I hope the protection is up to snuff. If so, I think we can burn them with the pass.

Also, look for more two TE sets - with Bubba - a new wrinkle to the offense that we haven't really been able to do with Bubba out.

I think that Hasselbach is a little hurt - his throwing wrist seems to be giving him some problems and he threw three passes that were right to Redskin defenders (two of them were dropped). I hope the D-backs are using the Juggs machines.
Excited to wait for the game, 2 weeks is too much.
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

He was hurting alright, it was very evident. I was really surprised Holmgren
let him stay the entire game! No # 2 QB ??

RIPackerFan
01-05-2008, 11:10 PM
I can see Grant having a big day - a few one or two yards and then a huge run.

There seemed to be huge cut-back lanes - I kept on yelling at Portis to hit the cut-back but he kept on missing it.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2008, 11:37 PM
It's gonna be a tough game. Hopefully the week off will help the legs of the offensive line to heal, they are going to need to at top of their game.

Kiwon
01-06-2008, 05:45 AM
Agreed. Our OL versus their DL is key. The 'Hawks will be coming in with a lot of confidence. You know that Holmgren is desperate to avenge their 2003 playoff loss.

I hope the Lambeau faithful will give him a nice reception. :twisted:

b bulldog
01-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Seattle has lost one game at home this year. On the road, they are a totally different team. Their team, defense in particular, are really set on forcing you into turnovers. When they win, they average three turnovers a game, when they lose, they average less trhan one. Block well, establish a running game and make sure Brett makes the correct throws and we will definitley win next weekend.

SkinBasket
01-06-2008, 07:10 AM
I was surprised at how weak Collins arm was - his recievers were open but by the time the ball got there, they were covered. A lot of air under the ball.

I think that had more to do with green helmets being lodged in his armpit as he was throwing most the game than it did with his actual arm strength.

b bulldog
01-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Agree, he rarely had time to step into his throw.

the_idle_threat
01-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Oppressed by Packerrats.com since January 2008.

Well, that's not really all that long. Boo hoo. :P

chain_gang
01-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Seahawks Vs. Packers is going to be a blast to watch. Seriously this is a game that can go either way. Seattle's wideouts, when healthy, are comparable to Green Bays. Branch, Engram, Hackett, Burleson, are going to pose a few match up problems for our secondary, likewise with our wideouts against their secondary. Hackett and Branch are the wildcards, though. When they've both been on the field at the same time this year they've cause opposing secondary's fits. Hackett was slowed most of the year, he got injured in week 1 this season and didn't come back until week 10, and then he got hurt again. Seattle's wideouts are going to be a huge test for our secondary, probably the deepest group of wideouts we've played against all year.

I think our running game is much better than Seattle's, and that's where the homefield comes in, if it's terrrible weather in here in Green Bay, on gameday, we've got a huge advantage. Alexander has seemed to lost some of his burst, and Seattle won't turn over the job to Maurice Morris, who could pose a bigger threat against our defense. They do like to use him on screens, and that's something Green Bay needs to be able to contain.

Their front seven is very good, Kerney's the main player up front, but I think our tackles can slow him down. Julian Peterson, and Lofa Tatupu are two terrific LB's, I think we could expose Peterson in coverage, but Tatupu is their biggest playmaker, and has a knack for making big plays in coverage.

Their secondary is okay, they do force some TO's, but they jump too many routes. If we get protection from the oline, we can beat them deep with double moves.

This one should be a fun game to watch, a great matchup. Two teams that are pretty similar on offense. I could see this game being a shoot out, like in the 38-35 type game. Can't wait.

Scott Campbell
01-06-2008, 08:54 AM
........... probably the deepest group of wideouts we've played against all year.

Except in practice.

ahaha
01-06-2008, 10:08 AM
The Seahawks didn't look very good when we kicked their ass in the preseason. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string all dominated in that game.

Fritz
01-06-2008, 10:12 AM
I agree that the Packer offensive line is one of the big keys to this game. If they play at a high level all game long, that lessens Favre's tendency to try to do it all and thus end up throwing four interceptions.

So: Offensive line has to block well, and Favre has to stay within himself and not try to win the game alone.

pbmax
01-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Hopefully he is healthier next week, he has struggled against speed since he hurt his ankle.

I think Mark Tauscher will be a much better answer for Pat Kerney than the Redskins could provide.

b bulldog
01-06-2008, 11:43 AM
3-5 on the road, 7-1 at home is Seattle's record. Much better at home when the noise of that crowd can help that small D and help create turnovers.

b bulldog
01-06-2008, 11:43 AM
I'll take the Packers, 31-21

oregonpackfan
01-06-2008, 12:13 PM
GBRulz has not started the official game prediction thread yet, but I want to go on record predicting a close Packer win.

Packers 30

Sea Urchins 27

FritzDontBlitz
01-06-2008, 12:18 PM
3-5 on the road, 7-1 at home is Seattle's record. Much better at home when the noise of that crowd can help that small D and help create turnovers.

Add the fact they are probably much faster at home due to playing on artificial turf.

FritzDontBlitz
01-06-2008, 12:19 PM
M3 31
M1 10

Woody takes one to the house.

Lurker64
01-06-2008, 12:23 PM

I don't think TT will let Woodbuck on the roster after all the nasty things he's said.

Packers4Ever
01-06-2008, 05:35 PM
I agree that the Packer offensive line is one of the big keys to this game. If they play at a high level all game long, that lessens Favre's tendency to try to do it all and thus end up throwing four interceptions.

So: Offensive line has to block well, and Favre has to stay within himself and not try to win the game alone.

And also hang in there, loose and relaxed, especially Brett,
that seems to work. :wink:
I hope someone's been taking notes here today ?? :) :)

Jude

FritzDontBlitz
01-06-2008, 06:59 PM

I don't think TT will let Woodbuck on the roster after all the nasty things he's said.

:lol:

RashanGary
01-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Mark Tauscher is going to have to have a fantastic game against Kerney. If the Packers can neutralize Kerney with one on one on 3 steps or one guy and a chip on longer drops, I think the Packers can move the ball and score on these guys.

If Kerney kicks Tausch's ass, it will be a long day. On the bright side, Tausch practices every day against a very similar player. I think he can handle it and because of Tauch neutralizing their best weapon, I think Favre will handle their defense. I'm a little worried about stunts taking advantage of Moll if MOll is starting at RT. That could be a way to attack our weakness with their stregth. We'll see. I'm sure they'll have something for us and we'll have something for them. At the end of the day I think the Packers have more playmakers.

b bulldog
01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
yOU ALL ARE GIVING THE hAWKS WAY TOO MUCH credit. They were 3-5 on the road in a crappy division. We are better than them and the Packers will show it come Saturday.

HarveyWallbangers
01-06-2008, 11:39 PM
yOU ALL ARE GIVING THE hAWKS WAY TOO MUCH credit. They were 3-5 on the road in a crappy division. We are better than them and the Packers will show it come Saturday.

Actually, I think they were a lot more talented than their record, and let's not forget that they wrapped up their division 3 weeks early and lost two of those road games playing pretty much meaningless games at the end of the year. They are definitely better at home, but a team with Hasselbeck, Branch/Hackett/Engram/Burleson, Walter Jones, Kerney, Lofu, LeRoy Hill, Peterson, Trufant, Deon Grant, etc. has talent to beat any team in the NFC.

It's also a team coached by Holmgren--who has played us very tough since he left. This game will be a tossup.

packers11
01-07-2008, 12:15 AM
I think the 'BIG FIVE' could be very effective vs the seattle defense... They have talented LB's and love keeping on the field, and this might be the right counter attack for it...

HarveyWallbangers
01-07-2008, 01:11 AM
I think we'll need to run the ball (and obviously not turn the ball over) more than anything.

The Leaper
01-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Packer's keys to getting a W:

1. Keep Favre's jersey clean. The Seahawk's only real hope in this game is pressuring our offense into turnovers.

2. Pressure Hass. He is too good of a QB to let him sit back there and have time to find targets.

3. Crosby will need to be clutch in this game.

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 08:33 AM
I think if Tracy White, K-Rob, and the rest of the ST's have the kind of game they're capable of, then Seattle doesn't have a chance with the Packers' having a short field. Anyone know how Seattle's ST's are?

The Leaper
01-07-2008, 08:34 AM
They have talented LB's and love keeping on the field, and this might be the right counter attack for it...

I would prefer attacking the LBs by putting RBs into some routes. I like 3 WR sets with a TE and RB...let Koren and Lee eat them up in the slot.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2008, 08:36 AM
I think we'll need to run the ball (and obviously not turn the ball over) more than anything.Man, how did you not win coach of the year? :mrgreen:

pbmax
01-07-2008, 10:50 AM
I think Woodbuck is starting at Right Guard this week and backing up Center :mrgreen:

pbmax
01-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Without the architectural amplification of their home crowd noise, the D Line of the Seahawks won't be off the ball as fast as they were versus Wash.

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2008, 11:37 AM
GBRulz has not started the official game prediction thread yet, but I want to go on record predicting a close Packer win.

Packers 30

Sea Urchins 27

gonna be close, but low scoring.

fan4life
01-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Seattle will come ready to play. Click below to see how they played in the divisional round last year:

Bears vs Seahawks 1-14-07 (http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/multimediapopup.asp?mm_file_id=715&play_clip=Y)

Fritz
01-07-2008, 01:46 PM
I think the 'BIG FIVE' could be very effective vs the seattle defense... They have talented LB's and love keeping on the field, and this might be the right counter attack for it...

I like the thinking. Force Seattle into personnel packages that don't allow them to feature their strengths. Five wides, or, to me, four wides and a running back. I hate to see Favre without a running back to help block in case of blitzes, or to have as a threat to hand the ball to, so defenders can't just pin their ears back and rush.