PDA

View Full Version : Homefield Advantage /Frozen Tundra

The Shadow
01-06-2008, 10:54 AM
I really hope McCarthy digs out that Atlanta playoff debacle tape and spends a bit of time going over the fact that you can never depend on homefield advantage for a gimmee.

pbmax
01-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Seahawks pass rush will be the crucial issue. I think we'll be able to throw on the coverage. Running game will be interesting. Our ZBS is quite different than the Redskins. But the Seahawks really shut down Portis.

I was more surprised that the Jags just beat the Steelers D like a drum last night.

Joemailman
01-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Under McCarthy, Packers have avoided the letdowns they sometimes had under Sherman at home. MM will have them ready to play.

oregonpackfan
01-06-2008, 12:10 PM
I just hope the weather is "Good winter conditions" rather than a blinding snowstorm or a chilling rain. I don't want the outcome of a big game determined by inclement weather conditions.

The last thing I want to hear is the Sea Urchins whine, "We're a better team than the Packers but the winter weather gave the edge to the Packers."

Tarlam!
01-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Good post, Shadow. I was just a newbie to the Packers then and I remember Vick dancing circles around us all day.

I also remember the following week against Philly, when he was quiet as a lamb. Hard to believe it was the same team.

I am hoping that we see a similar decline from Seattle. But on no account will the team underestimate them.

The Shadow
01-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Good post, Shadow. I was just a newbie to the Packers then and I remember Vick dancing circles around us all day.

I also remember the following week against Philly, when he was quiet as a lamb. Hard to believe it was the same team.

I am hoping that we see a similar decline from Seattle. But on no account will the team underestimate them.
.................................................. ...................................
That game marked a change in Packer thinking regarding defense - and the linebackers in particular. The need for better speed quickly brought us Barnett. The addition of Hawk has upgraded things another notch.
Team speed on the defense is great!

Tarlam!
01-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Don't forget Collins' speed - he's a maniac against the outside run. Remember him running over Hawk to make that tackle for a loss against :?:

ND72
01-06-2008, 04:06 PM
I really hope McCarthy digs out that Atlanta playoff debacle tape and spends a bit of time going over the fact that you can never depend on homefield advantage for a gimmee.

Minnesota? maybe as well?

TennesseePackerBacker
01-06-2008, 04:19 PM

Minnesota? maybe as well?

I remember how confident I used to be in the Packer's @ Lambeau field. This will be a close game if the Seahawks don't give it away with turnovers. It could be way too close for comfort.

Jimx29
01-06-2008, 07:45 PM
I just hope the weather is "Good winter conditions" rather than a blinding snowstorm or a chilling rain. I don't want the outcome of a big game determined by inclement weather conditions.

The last thing I want to hear is the Sea Urchins whine, "We're a better team than the Packers but the winter weather gave the edge to the Packers."Uppers 20's and chance of flurries

b bulldog
01-06-2008, 07:52 PM
best homefield advantage is just simply playing at home WHEN YOU ARE THE BETTER TEAM :lol:

Merlin
01-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Seahawks pass rush will be the crucial issue. I think we'll be able to throw on the coverage. Running game will be interesting. Our ZBS is quite different than the Redskins. But the Seahawks really shut down Portis.

I was more surprised that the Jags just beat the Steelers D like a drum last night.

Washington doesn't have any other weapon but Portis, Collins isn't going to scare anyone. Seattle could afford to gamble more in that respect. Grant has shown he can take it to the house, all 5 of our "starting" WR's have shown they are the real deal, including the 6th and 7th. Lee and Franks have shown they are as tough as there is and then we have Favre. Sure, maybe Seattle interrupts the running game but they don't have the players to stop all of the weapons. If McCarthy has the right game plan, it should be a laugher.

Fritz
01-07-2008, 01:41 PM
The Seabags defense looked tough, tough, tough. Favre needs to play withing himself, stay in control. MM needs to not get too crazy with the playcalling.

Carolina_Packer
01-07-2008, 01:49 PM

Washington doesn't have any other weapon but Portis, Collins isn't going to scare anyone. Seattle could afford to gamble more in that respect. Grant has shown he can take it to the house, all 5 of our "starting" WR's have shown they are the real deal, including the 6th and 7th. Lee and Franks have shown they are as tough as there is and then we have Favre. Sure, maybe Seattle interrupts the running game but they don't have the players to stop all of the weapons. If McCarthy has the right game plan, it should be a laugher.

I'd love a playoff laugher! I hope your prediction comes true.

Ballboy
01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I was interested to see how Collins seemed to throw the ball when he got the protection. In my eyes, Moss & Randle El are the quality of receivers that the Pack has.

For all the issues the Offensive Line gave us this year, for the most part, pass protection wasn't a problem.