PDA

View Full Version : Play-offs in HD on Dish Network & Direct TV ?????

]{ilr]3
01-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Just wondering if Dish Network and Direct TV people are getting the playoffs in HD?

If you are getting them are they over local HD channels you could get anyway with a HD attenea?

Local Channels that you pay for?

Or are they on a HD channel that is on the regular channel line up?

From I can see living here in the middle of nowhere in Iowa niether of these services would give me the Playoffs in HD because I cannot get any local channel service that includes HD.

Fosco33
01-06-2008, 01:17 PM
{ilr]3]Just wondering if Dish Network and Direct TV people are getting the playoffs in HD?

If you are getting them are they over local HD channels you could get anyway with a HD attenea?

From I can see living here in the middle of nowhere in Iowa niether of these services would give me the Playoffs in HD because I cannot get any local channel service that includes HD.

DirecTV offers local channels in HD - looks good 8-)

]{ilr]3
01-06-2008, 01:30 PM
{ilr]3]Just wondering if Dish Network and Direct TV people are getting the playoffs in HD?

Neither providers offer local HD in my area. Thats why i am wondering if there are other FOX, ABC or NDB stations that they carry....

FritzDontBlitz
01-06-2008, 01:36 PM
{ilr]3]

Neither providers offer local HD in my area. Thats why i am wondering if there are other FOX, ABC or NDB stations that they carry....

Local TV stations broadcast their over the air signals in HD by law. You don't need to buy cable or dish to get local HD channels, buy a digital antenna. If you have a hi-def TV with a built in tuner it probably is able to receive digital channels already. If not, buy a pc card that will do it. I have a Hauppage card that records most hd games on FOX and NBC. I can't get CBS yet, reception is too poor in my area.

The playoff games have been on NBC and CBS this weekend. I am guessing the Pack will be on either NBC or FOX next week.

Freak Out
01-06-2008, 01:48 PM
{ilr]3]

Local TV stations broadcast their over the air signals in HD by law. You don't need to buy cable or dish to get local HD channels, buy a digital antenna. If you have a hi-def TV with a built in tuner it probably is able to receive digital channels already. If not, buy a pc card that will do it. I have a Hauppage card that records most hd games on FOX and NBC. I can't get CBS yet, reception is too poor in my area.

The playoff games have been on NBC and CBS this weekend. I am guessing the Pack will be on either NBC or FOX next week.

The fucks at FOX Alaska suck...they are the lone holdouts as far as HD broadcasts go in the State. Both NBC and CBS have OTA HD for all football broadcasts but cheap shit FOX is holding out till the last possible minute. They are the ones up here that pushed the feds to keep delaying implementation.....and of course the FOX broadcasts the NFC.... :(

]{ilr]3
01-06-2008, 01:52 PM
I forgot to list that in my first post. I cannot recieve any OTA signal from my location. The closest provider that broadcasts an HD signal is over 90 miles away. I cannot see that changing, ever.

My local cable company has thier HD re-distributed from other cable companies.

FritzDontBlitz
01-06-2008, 02:00 PM
{ilr]3]I forgot to list that in my first post. I cannot recieve any OTA signal from my location. The closest provider that broadcasts an HD signal is over 90 miles away. I cannot see that changing, ever.

That sucks. Where are you located?

MJZiggy
01-06-2008, 02:03 PM
{ilr]3]I forgot to list that in my first post. I cannot recieve any OTA signal from my location. The closest provider that broadcasts an HD signal is over 90 miles away. I cannot see that changing, ever.

I would call DirecTV as they have a list of cities you get the signals from and the list is fairly limited so maybe they can offer you one of them--the other thing is that although I don't get locals with my satellite, I do notice that there are a few "general" network stations.

Scott Campbell
01-06-2008, 05:18 PM

Sounds like BFE.

]{ilr]3
01-06-2008, 05:54 PM

Sounds like BFE.

Whats BFE?

I live in Northwest Iowa. Roughly 100 miles from any city over 40,000 people. Sioux Falls 100 miles, Sioux City is 100 miles, Fort Dodge is 90 Miles and the closest is probably Mankato MN and that is a FOX station and they do have an HD signal on 44.1 but I cannot get it here.

I keep checking on both there websites. Dierct-TV I can get some local regular channels and Dish I cannot get anything

]{ilr]3
01-06-2008, 05:56 PM
LOL :lol:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bumfuck+Egypt

1. Bumfuck Egypt 146 up, 11 down

Someplace hard to get to and generally undesirable; the boonies or toolies.

I asked her out once, but then I found out she lived in Bumfuck Egypt, so I dropped her.

GBRulz
01-06-2008, 07:13 PM
I pull the games directly from the local stations, so they come in HD. In the summer though, sometimes reception isn't the best but once the leaves fall, it's not a problem. seeing we only have leaves on the trees five months a year, I can deal with it, lol.

I have Dish and I can tell you that they don't offer HD local channels here. I don't know about DirectTV because I don't know anyone here who has it.

packers11
01-11-2008, 04:22 PM
I have Direct TV... All season if any games were on FOX I could get it in HD... NOW THE PLAYOFFS COME and Fox has no HD, I am so pissed off... Direct TV said that fox doesn't broadcast HD in my area but somehow my "NFL TICKET" would let me get it every F!@KIN WEEK!!!

I guess once the playoffs are on, NFL Ticket is done... :roll: ... I want to watch it in HD so bad (maybe i'm just spoiled and used to my HD all season)...

I wanted to DVR the game in HD :( ...

GrnBay007
01-11-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm so glad I don't get all stressed out over the high tech stuff. I'm going to watch the game while it's being played, on my regular TV with my HD eyes! :glug:

:P

]{ilr]3
01-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I have Direct TV... All season if any games were on FOX I could get it in HD... NOW THE PLAYOFFS COME and Fox has no HD, I am so pissed off... Direct TV said that fox doesn't broadcast HD in my area but somehow my "NFL TICKET" would let me get it every F!@KIN WEEK!!!

I guess once the playoffs are on, NFL Ticket is done... :roll: ... I want to watch it in HD so bad (maybe i'm just spoiled and used to my HD all season)...

Good to know.

The only thing i watched in HD since sept was football. Now that its about over and there is nothing left to do I am thinking about getting more HD channels.

Maybe i will go D-TV and get local HD when football rolls around again. Thats cheaper (by a long shot) than getting NFL ticket and Super fan for HD. I got to see nearly every Packers game in HD this year from my cable provider. From what I read if I had D-TV it would get to watch less packers games because of of the national coverage BS and you have to watch the game on a nationally broadcast station.

Seeing that the Packers are going to win the SB this year I would expect them to get alot of nationally televised games next year! 8-)

Fosco33
01-11-2008, 04:58 PM

You must've had the Superfan package because otherwise they don't broadcast (except for local coverage).

I was pissed that after spending big bucks for a nice HDTV, 300 for the HD DVR+ and another 20/mo for channels - that I wouldn't be able to watch the Pack in HD.

Luckily - the last few weeks they've been broadcast locally...

Freak Out
01-11-2008, 05:33 PM

So NFL Sunday ticket does NOT include playoff games? WTF is that all about?

MJZiggy
01-11-2008, 05:37 PM
DTV has a deal that the local stations, not DTV carry the game if it's televised locally, and since the playoffs are nationally broadcast, all of the local stations will have it.

Harlan Huckleby
01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
I get high definition on my TV by putting on my reading glasses and sitting closer.

Fosco33
01-11-2008, 06:17 PM

All the games are locally broadcast anyways....

The Leaper
01-11-2008, 07:36 PM

Why would they? All playoff games are nationally televised.

MadtownPacker
01-11-2008, 07:39 PM

I wanted to DVR the game in HD :( ...Thats because Sunday ticket is not your local feed. I got all the games in HD all season. The playoff also where HD last weekend. Basically, if your local station aint HD you aint getting it. The Ticket is only for regular season games because playoffs are nationally televised.

Freak Out
01-11-2008, 07:41 PM

Why would they? All playoff games are nationally televised.

Not if your in an area where there is no local TV.....like lots of rural AK. It still has to come off the sat from somewhere so it may as well be a nice HD feed from them...especially if you are paying for it anyway.

Freak Out
01-11-2008, 07:50 PM
What irks me the most is I have emailed and phoned the local FOX station at least 10 times asking when they were going to start pushing the HD feed OTA here....and have never received a response...not even a "satellites are expensive" line.

FOX profits are way up...and I read somewhere that profits are WAY up at the locals...so get us our HD!

]{ilr]3
01-11-2008, 08:02 PM
DTV has a deal that the local stations, not DTV carry the game if it's televised locally, and since the playoffs are nationally broadcast, all of the local stations will have it.

I cannot get local stations threw D-TV and I cannot get local HD channels on Dish. I cannot get OTA HD local where I am at either. I really dont want to have to pay for both services. All this shit just pisses me off.

packers11
01-11-2008, 08:22 PM
who is broadcasting the Superbowl???

packers11
01-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Also another question... My friend has cable and gets FOX HD, so how does that work out if it isn't being broadcasted "locally" for my Direct TV???

MadtownPacker
01-11-2008, 09:14 PM
The way it works out is that you're getting burned. :bang:

Freak Out
01-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Fucked over by the man again.

packers11
01-12-2008, 10:07 AM
The way it works out is that you're getting burned. :bang:

If cable would just offer Sunday Ticket I wouldn't have even though about switching to Direct TV... When does Sunday Ticket's contract end with Direct TV? Hopefully soon!!!

cpk1994
01-12-2008, 12:24 PM

FOX

Freak Out
01-12-2008, 02:32 PM

FOX

Screwed again.