PDA

View Full Version : Determining the limits of political correctness

SkinBasket
01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
So Madtown and I need to know how many people think the following image should be banned from this site. Feel free to comment if you feel the need, but no one cares. Democracy in action and all that.

Here's the offending image:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6051/userbarpenistw5.jpg

In the interest of full disclosure, I voted no.

BallHawk
01-06-2008, 09:30 PM
I have to say, before this I hadn't seen the image- I was expecting it to be a lot worse than this.

I don't think it's a matter of political correctness. Quite frankly, it's Mad's site and he can do whatever he pleases to.

Whether the community thinks it's appropriate or not is irrelevant, IMO.

Partial
01-06-2008, 09:45 PM
For a signature or avatar yes. It is no different than full frontal in an avatar.

Take it to the garbage can. If I lose my job because you want to put a penis in your signature I would be irate.

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2008, 10:46 PM
It is a stretch to believe that people are going to get fired for viewing the slightly off-color pictures that we are talking about. (Although you might get fired for cruising the internet on the job!) If someone is truely working in such a chaste environment, it's no great sacrifice for you to wait until you get home to cruise the Romper Room. You can sit in front of your home computer, gentitals in hand, and fully appreciate the experience.

I've never seen anything gross posted here. Too bad the blue noses have put a damper on the romping. Christian Encourager 2.0 is about right.

Deputy Nutz
01-06-2008, 10:48 PM
I voted yes because you are disgusting.

Deputy Nutz
01-06-2008, 10:49 PM
For a signature or avatar yes. It is no different than full frontal in an avatar.

Take it to the garbage can. If I lose my job because you want to put a penis in your signature I would be irate.

Take your cracker ass to the car wash.

Zool
01-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I voted yes so you just STFU about some stupid bullshit that you knew had the chance to be censored when you put it in your sig.

Everything for shock value right?

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2008, 11:03 PM
What's wrong with shock value? And why should anybody STFU?

As Chairman Mao said, "Let a thousand flowers bloom."

OK, I don't know what that means, but I think censorship should be avoided as much as possible. IT seems that the line has been drawn too cautiously, the standards are basicly set like Boys Life Magazine. Maybe you like those standards, OK. Then you don't think Mad is a putz.

Deputy Nutz
01-06-2008, 11:10 PM
You left out the balls, you neglected the balls.

Zool
01-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Or maybe, just maybe, you dont have to push the envelope on a fuckin football forum? What the hell is that going to prove? Go out in the real world and challenge the establishment. Pump your fist to the Dead Kennedy's, burn your bra and chant about your sexual preference. You're not going to change the world by seeing just how far you can go on an internet forum about football.

Freedom of expression applies to democracy. Someone specifically owns this site, thus making it a dictatorship. Tons of people like to come here to read interesting information not just about football. If the owner of this site decided that a sig went too far, then STFU about it. Thats my angle. Why is it always the persecuted few who make the most noise?

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2008, 11:26 PM
You're not going to change the world by seeing just how far you can go on an internet forum about football.

This is not a football forum. It's a free-flowing discussion area. And maybe I missed something, but I've never seen anybody posting stuff that isn't shown on cable tv. The wish is to have relaxed space, not change the world.

Freedom of expression applies to democracy.

ya, but it's also something valued here.

If the owner of this site decided that a sig went too far, then STFU about it.

I don't know what that .sig was. Nothing wrong with complaining about a bad decision, though, Mein Fuhrer.

you have very conservative, authoritarian instincts. I posted a picture of 16th century painting with an incidental bare breast once, which you declared offensive. I think your standards are a little nutty.

Partial
01-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Or maybe, just maybe, you dont have to push the envelope on a fuckin football forum? What the hell is that going to prove? Go out in the real world and challenge the establishment. Pump your fist to the Dead Kennedy's, burn your bra and chant about your sexual preference. You're not going to change the world by seeing just how far you can go on an internet forum about football.

Freedom of expression applies to democracy. Someone specifically owns this site, thus making it a dictatorship. Tons of people like to come here to read interesting information not just about football. If the owner of this site decided that a sig went too far, then STFU about it. Thats my angle. Why is it always the persecuted few who make the most noise?

Seconded. Also, imo, if you don't like it, no one is making you post here and there is a perfectly good forum at JSO ready and waiting for you.

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2008, 11:40 PM
packerrats: love it or leave it.
- the cry of the cracker.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2008, 02:33 AM
The poll is an unfair one. It should ask "Is this image OK to use as a sig?" or "Should this image be banned from the Packers section or the Romper Room section?".

I heard there are much more revealing ones in the Garbage Can. I never look in there so Im not sure.

Kiwon
01-07-2008, 06:25 AM
Where is Tyrone Bigguns? He'd be all over this. On second thought, he probably prefers a chocolate lollipop.

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 07:03 AM

Zool, you sound a hell of a lot like LawyerJoe did before he launched his attack on the JSO forum. All his ranting and raving about how degenerates had taken over the football forum and turned it into their own personal playground.

I find it ironic that a forum started by people who fled the disaster there has become a lot like what LJ wanted in the first place. A forum where nothing outside of football is safe and the mods feel free to abuse whoever they choose simply because they don't agree with their views on what is acceptable.

And since when did it become acceptable for moderators to act like they fucking own this place? Who the fuck do you think you are to tell me to shut the fuck up you ass puppet?

Madtown asked that I start this fucking poll to see where the posters stood on the issue - not where his sexually repressed ego maniacal mods stand, so you can go fuck yourself and your holier than thou ranting.

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 07:08 AM

If this is what your cock looks like, you've got bigger problems than being fired from your job.

And don't tell me to go post somewhere else. Not all of us are bitchy little pukes who run off to JSO when they don't agree with something here.

Partial
01-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Where is Tyrone Bigguns? He'd be all over this. On second thought, he probably prefers a chocolate lollipop.

Nice! Zing!

Partial
01-07-2008, 07:10 AM

If this is what your cock looks like, you've got bigger problems than being fired from your job.

And don't tell me to go post somewhere else. Not all of us are bitchy little pukes who run off to JSO when they don't agree with something here.

I'm not suggesting anything. The forum wouldn't be as complete without you. But, I don't think pulling an HH is really going to accomplish anything and I think you're barking up the wrong tree. Mad calls the shots and I don't see any reason to argue. After all, we are all using his forum at his expense voluntarily. It's not like there aren't plenty of alternatives as well.

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 07:16 AM

I'm not suggesting anything. The forum wouldn't be as complete without you. But, I don't think pulling an HH is really going to accomplish anything and I think you're barking up the wrong tree. Mad calls the shots and I don't see any reason to argue.

I realize Mad calls the shots. I've told him that on several occasions. When did it become a Cardinal Sin to disagree with a decision he feels he made in the interest of all the pansies running around here?

He's been more than willing to discuss the matter, unlike a few folks here who have grabbed the pitchforks and the torches from the get-go. As I stated above, he's the one that suggested I find out what the posters feel, because believe it or not, he wants to act in accordance with what the posters want, not what he wants. After all, do you really think Madtown is afraid of a little cock?

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 07:32 AM
I voted yes because you are disgusting.

I knew I didn't press the gay vote hard enough. Maybe I should be buttering up soccer moms. They must like cock. They have kids.

Zool
01-07-2008, 07:41 AM

Zool, you sound a hell of a lot like LawyerJoe did before he launched his attack on the JSO forum. All his ranting and raving about how degenerates had taken over the football forum and turned it into their own personal playground.

I find it ironic that a forum started by people who fled the disaster there has become a lot like what LJ wanted in the first place. A forum where nothing outside of football is safe and the mods feel free to abuse whoever they choose simply because they don't agree with their views on what is acceptable.

And since when did it become acceptable for moderators to act like they fucking own this place? Who the fuck do you think you are to tell me to shut the fuck up you ass puppet?

Madtown asked that I start this fucking poll to see where the posters stood on the issue - not where his sexually repressed ego maniacal mods stand, so you can go fuck yourself and your holier than thou ranting.

Again fucktard, I would be saying any of this, mod or not. You're not persecuted so stop fucking acting like taking a way a pic of a penis is going to send your life into a tailspin. I had no idea that Mad asked you to start the survey, and even if I had, I would post the same fucking reply. Just like you, I can say whatever the fuck I want, whenever the fuck I want. Want to know why? Cause Mad says we can. The guy gives a TON of leniency to us to say whatever we want.

If it makes a difference to you, I will stop being a mod and still call you a whiny bitch. Your life isnt so rough that you have to come here complaining about all this stupid shit and try to put Mad down. The guy makes a judgment call and you get all up in his shit about it. THATS what I have a problem with. Post pictures of goat.se if you want. I dont give a fuck, but Mad does. If you're footing the bill for the hosting and traffic on this site, then you have every reason to bitch. Otherwise my first reply stands.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Getting lost in all this friendly conversation is the fact your poll wont accomplish what you seek.

Why?

Because you are asking if the image should be banned from the site. As mentioned it is allowed, in the GC. So you have already won Proposition "D".

Now if you wanted to start a poll about if it is OK as a sig.... :D

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 08:56 AM

Again fucktard, I would be saying any of this, mod or not. You're not persecuted so stop fucking acting like taking a way a pic of a penis is going to send your life into a tailspin. I had no idea that Mad asked you to start the survey, and even if I had, I would post the same fucking reply. Just like you, I can say whatever the fuck I want, whenever the fuck I want. Want to know why? Cause Mad says we can. The guy gives a TON of leniency to us to say whatever we want.

If it makes a difference to you, I will stop being a mod and still call you a whiny bitch. Your life isnt so rough that you have to come here complaining about all this stupid shit and try to put Mad down. The guy makes a judgment call and you get all up in his shit about it. THATS what I have a problem with. Post pictures of goat.se if you want. I dont give a fuck, but Mad does. If you're footing the bill for the hosting and traffic on this site, then you have every reason to bitch. Otherwise my first reply stands.

Who the fuck ever said anything about "sending my life into a tailspin" or "persecution?" You're the only fucker here who keeps bringing that shit up you overreactive bitch.

I love how you champion how much leniency we have to say whatever we want here while at the same time continuously telling me to shut the fuck up. I know you enjoy swinging your big bad moderator dick around and then telling everyone you'd say the same thing if you weren't a mod. I'm just surprised you didn't lock this thread like you did last time.

Its bad enough that someone can't post the picture above without it being censored. It's even worse that the people who want it censored try so desperately to even eliminate any discussion on the matter.

Remember, Mad's a big boy. He can speak for himself.

Zool
01-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Remember this when you don't like what someone else says. And I'm not the one here fighting for my rights to force people to look at a penis if they want to read this site. Its true, they could find another site, but then again so could you.

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Now if you wanted to start a poll about if it is OK as a sig.... :D

Why don't you just edit my poll like you edited my profile you snarky bastard?

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Remember this when you don't like what someone else says. And I'm not the one here fighting for my rights to force people to look at a penis if they want to read this site. Its true, they could find another site, but then again so could you.

There's a difference between telling someone they're a fucktard and telling someone to shut up. I've never told anyone to shut up, stop posting, or go somewhere else. As a "moderator" I was hoping you would know the difference.

Madtown, maybe it's time you updated the rules and regulations section to reflect the ideals of your hardline regime. If we knew just how big of pussies we have to be around here, maybe we could avoid these conflicts.[/code]

Zool
01-07-2008, 09:19 AM
http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=2191

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Signatures:

Signature can be linked from other sites but should never stretch the screen or be larger then 100K in file size. This also helps avoid slow page loading. Signatures cannot contain nudity or obscene language.

So now symbols of genitalia constitute nudity?

How about this?

http://www.bootsandsabers.com/images/uploads/Golf_Trophy.jpg

Should we dump this too, because someone might think that it looks like she's licking a cock?

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Nevermind, she's clearly kissing the cock, not licking it.

Deputy Nutz
01-07-2008, 09:38 AM
I want to change my vote if that is an actual computer copy of Partial's penis.

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Don't worry about your vote. Madtown added 10 yeses this morning.

Freak Out
01-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Signatures:

Signature can be linked from other sites but should never stretch the screen or be larger then 100K in file size. This also helps avoid slow page loading. Signatures cannot contain nudity or obscene language.

So now symbols of genitalia constitute nudity?

How about this?

http://www.bootsandsabers.com/images/uploads/Golf_Trophy.jpg

Should we dump this too, because someone might think that it looks like she's licking a cock?

Great photo....who is this gal?

Freak Out
01-07-2008, 11:27 AM
BTW...I voted no.

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2008, 11:29 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Venus_de_Milo_Louvre_Ma399_n4.jpg/250px-Venus_de_Milo_Louvre_Ma399_n4.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2008, 11:30 AM
http://southernfriedfatty.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/kissing.jpg

GrnBay007
01-07-2008, 11:31 AM
What do you think of that hair style?

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2008, 11:31 AM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/sha0209l.jpg

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Great photo....who is this gal?

Some chick golfer... like that's a real thing, who won her tournament and didn't realize her trophy looked like a crystal cock. I don't keep up on my womens golf, so I don't remember her name.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Don't worry about your vote. Madtown added 10 yeses this morning.Fuck you. If you cant rally your own cause that is your problem.

I guess losing is like alcohol for you.

You just cant handle it.

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Don't worry about your vote. Madtown added 10 yeses this morning.Fuck you. If you cant rally your own cause that is your problem.

You just cant handle it.

I forgot. The simpler explanation is that 10 people logged on in 10 minutes this morning between two of my posts and all of them voted "yes." No one had voted for hours before then, and no one has voted since. I'm sure it was a coincidence though.

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 12:10 PM

Game, set, match.

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Mad is a lying, no-good Mexican, but he wouldn't jimmy the poll. (It wouldn't be easy to do, BTW)

Mad is the Great Brown Father here, people are very appreciative of his running the forum and are always going to take his side. I'm surprised you got as many votes as you did. This is a crowd of Wisconsinites, Lombardi-worshipping people, they like strong authority figures. Probably even some Germans in here.

Don't know why a bunch of people voted at the same time.

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 12:16 PM

Game, set, match.

That's already been discussed. Might have been that other thread though.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
So by your calculation that means 9 people actually voted yes. Sounds like you are still a loser. :lol:

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Maybe. But the last line really kills your stance.

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2008, 12:18 PM

Game, set, match.

I think it's reasonable not to have risque things in avatars & SIGs, they get displayed in the main forum. So not sure I agree with Skin on this one. But in general, I think there should be looser restrictions in the Romper Room. Make it PG, not G.

People who say they are going to get fired for browsing the Romper Room at work are full of it. They seem to post in the Garbage Can OK. If the situation really is that strict, then just avoid the Romper Room at work. The "offensive" pictures that have been banned here are quite tame.

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 12:22 PM
I'd just like to remind you of the forum reaction to your jock sniffing pic before we get into this again, (and there is a section in the forum rules that addresses this discussion as well, fyi)

MadtownPacker
01-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Mad is a lying, no-good Mexican, but he wouldn't jimmy the poll. (It wouldn't be easy to do, BTW)

Mad is the Great Brown Father here, people are very appreciative of his running the forum and are always going to take his side. I'm surprised you got as many votes as you did. This is a crowd of Wisconsinites, Lombardi-worshipping people, they like strong authority figures. Probably even some Germans in here.

Don't know why a bunch of people voted at the same time.I guess post like this are why I cant quit you baby blue. I honestly laugh hard when I read this kinda shit and yours always has the best sting to it.

But I'm not the father here at all HH. YOU are the father of this place. Im just your errand boy. Dont you remember when you use to talk to me on the mountain? :D

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2008, 12:25 PM
I'd just like to remind you of the forum reaction to your jock sniffing pic before we get into this again

What was the reaction? And where is that picture?

MadtownPacker
01-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I'd just like to remind you of the forum reaction to your jock sniffing pic before we get into this again, (and there is a section in the forum rules that addresses this discussion as well, fyi)Isn't there some dishes or something you can do?

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 12:26 PM
You don't remember the hellfire shitstorm???? I imagine that pic is somewhere in the garbage can...either that or it's the reason the garbage can exists, I'm not sure.

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Ahhh, here it is! Never gets old for me.

http://www.sequelsolutions.biz/hawkSniffers.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2008, 12:29 PM
You don't remember the hellfire shitstorm????

there wasn't that much of a shitstorm.

Oh, ya, you're right!

I had an even more gay version of this, showed more of the sniffing lad. That was in the Garbage Can, but there were a couple death threats against me.

That was good fun.

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Maybe. But the last line really kills your stance.

So you consider a symbolic representation of a penis as "nudity" or the word "penis" as "profanity," or you simply enjoy having someone edit your profile without warning or notification even though it doesn't violate any stated forum rules?

Maybe we should just rename the romper room "Church." Of course there's always the chance you'll see some angle T&A at church, so I guess it's worse than church.

MJZiggy
I know you like it, but that's not the original version...

Zool

You just cant handle it.

Would it be around 8:00cst when this happened? When lots of people get to work, or their kids head off to school?

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 12:35 PM

You just cant handle it.

Would it be around 8:00cst when this happened? When lots of people get to work, or their kids head off to school?

Don't worry about it. I'm sure it was just the silent majority all speaking in concert about the evilness of the lucky charm style penis.

Zool
01-07-2008, 12:37 PM
You'll survive Skin. You just gotta.....snif

Stupid old yeller dog.

retailguy
01-07-2008, 12:41 PM
You'll survive Skin. You just gotta.....snif

Stupid old yeller dog.

Couldn't we nominate him to be like "head dicktator", or something?

Maybe Mad could create one of those "fancy banners" just to appease the little prick.... :P

Zool
01-07-2008, 12:44 PM
This is funny.

http://www.liveworkdream.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/fargo_20070728_07web.jpg

Zool
01-07-2008, 12:48 PM
So a guy walks into the costume party with a potato on his cock.

Lady at party asks him "What are you supposed to be?"

Guy says, "I'm a dictator."

Zool
01-07-2008, 12:52 PM
http://positivethoughts.com/today/potato_walking_md_wht.gif

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Like I said before, this isn't something I'm personally affronted by and the cock isn't the point.

The point is that shit has gradually changed around here. I think the change is for the worse. People are more concerned about their boss seeing a picture of lesbians kissing than they are reading something that's actually fucking entertaining. I'm not pissed that I can't have a cartoon cock in my sig, I'm bored by the fact that there's people who feel so egregiously wronged by the fact that I feel I should be able to when we're talking about a cartoon phallic symbol.

The fact that a cartoon cock has caused this much discussion goes right to the heart of the problem. Everyone's gone pussy, and a lot of days there's no joy here because of it. No offense to the respective thread starters, but there's only so many fucking times I can click on the "lyrics of the day" thread or another discussion about the latest dorky gadget coming out.

It's not about drama, it's about having an inkling of a sense of humor around this fucking place instead of being paranoid about who might be watching.

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Couldn't we nominate him to be like "head dicktator", or something?

Maybe Mad could create one of those "fancy banners" just to appease the little prick.... :P

Oh good lord no! Someone at your work might see it! And it would say "dick!" And there might be a squiggle in the background that could possibly be interpreted to look like a nipple. We certainly can't have that.

Fucker.

packinpatland
01-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Oppressed by the silent majority at Packerrats.com since January 2008.

This could be a key word?

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 01:12 PM

It's an old reference not meant to be taken seriously.

Deputy Nutz
01-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Something else this thread has pointed out, women don't really like to see cock.

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2008, 01:58 PM

it's more interesting to tolerate minority tastes as much as possible. If you just let the majority squelch the minority, you get bland.

packinpatland
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Without a doubt, no argument, that would be me...................bland. :wink:

the_idle_threat
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Jerr-rry!

Jerr-rry!

Jerr-rry!

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 04:57 PM
So by your calculation that means 9 people actually voted yes. Sounds like you are still a loser. :lol:

Homosaywhat?

RashanGary
01-07-2008, 05:22 PM
My vote went for no. It was funny.

Scott Campbell
01-07-2008, 06:22 PM
I also voted no. But I felt wierd about it because it was a cock. I'd feel better supporting female genetalia.

Scott Campbell
01-07-2008, 06:26 PM
This is a crowd of Wisconsinites, Lombardi-worshipping people, they like strong authority figures.

.....which is why Harlan doesn't run PackerRats anymore.

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2008, 06:55 PM
that's what you think. madtown is just my puppet - your old theory was correct.

Bretsky
01-07-2008, 11:12 PM
The poll question was loaded; was I offended ? Not really. But I voted yes cuz I don't want to see any peg in a sig or avatar. If I had a kid I would not want him or her seeing a peg in a signature or avatar. Some would be offended and I'll always error on the side of caution.

the_idle_threat
01-08-2008, 10:10 AM
I voted "yes" to the question that SHOULD have been asked:

Should this image NOT be in an avatar?

GrnBay007
01-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Jerr-rry!

Jerr-rry!

Jerr-rry!

LOL!!

SkinBasket
01-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Looks like girls kissing are illegal again and subject to censoring. Can I still say lesbians or will retailgay start sobbing uncontrollably?

I'm just wondering... the last time lesbos came through, they were eventually deemed okay. But this time they weren't? Is there a lesbian approval committee I should check with? Or is it the kissing that is so disturbing and not the girls? Do I need to have a sig with a man and woman kissing instead? If that's not okay, can they just be holding hands?

Cheesehead Craig
01-11-2008, 03:16 PM
What if they weren't actual lesbians, but bi-curious girls. Does that help?

sooner6600
01-12-2008, 12:00 PM
I am shocked ; shocked, I tell you.
Round up the usual suspects and you will get the usual vote.

I voted non.

Harlan Huckleby
01-12-2008, 01:21 PM
ummmm, never mind.