PDA

View Full Version : Packers favored by 8 over Seattle

GrnBay007
01-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Wowza!! :D

BallHawk
01-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Way to high. I'd say we should be favored by about 5.

GrnBay007
01-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm searching for how many games the Packers covered the point spread this season. I know they cover a lot.

GrnBay007
01-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Didn't find it yet but found this interesting tidbit....

Bets are also already rolling in for next weeks Divisional Playoff matchups. Since being released this morning already 5600 bets have been placed on this game by bettors. Current NFL public betting information shows that 68% of those bets have been placed on The Seattle Seahawks +9.

Current NFL Future Odds show Green Bay listed at 10/1 and Seattle listed at 25/1 respectively to win Super Bowl XLII

GrnBay007
01-06-2008, 10:45 PM
12-3-1 ATS

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2008, 10:51 PM
lets see. maybe the point spread is so high because packer fans are overconfident? it's based on attracting betting money.

RashanGary
01-06-2008, 10:57 PM
I think that's part of it, HH. There are more Packer fans than Seattle fans so the line could easily be skewed knowing Packer fans will bet even if it's a little high.

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2008, 11:14 PM
The Packers have a rested offensive line and time to prepare. But Seattle's pass rush looked awesome. Everybody knows the key to beating Favre is to stay on his ass. Should be a tough game.

oregonpackfan
01-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Way to high. I'd say we should be favored by about 5.

I also agree the Packers are favored too high. The Seahawks were impressive in their win over the 'Skins. I think the Packers should be favored by 3. My gut tells me it is going to be a close game.

Tony Oday
01-06-2008, 11:54 PM
I remember a lions game where they bloodied Favre and he went on to absolutely destroy them...We will win this by 24...write that down...

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 07:24 AM
I remember a lions game where they bloodied Favre and he went on to absolutely destroy them...We will win this by 24...write that down...

You willing to bet on it?

GrnBay007
01-07-2008, 08:47 AM
NEW ENGLAND 11½ Jacksonville 48

Sunday

INDIANAPOLIS 8 San Diego 48½

DALLAS 7 New York Giants 47½

outflow
01-07-2008, 09:03 AM
that 47 1/2 for the over under on Dallas/New York looks really high to me.

Zool
01-07-2008, 09:06 AM

This (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=270909006) could be the reason why.

mmmdk
01-07-2008, 09:15 AM
I'm scared senseless by Holmgren; I owe Holmgren so much as a Packer fan and I think his Seahawks will be ready to the challenge plus Hawks has the best shot of all the wildcard teams to beat the Packers. Besides, Seahawks are a vet playoff team with a smart defense; Packers are wet behind the ears and are long removed from playoff success. Lastly, Seattle is an outstanding outdoors team...are Packers?

Packnut
01-07-2008, 09:28 AM
There is a very good reason the spread is where it's at: Seattle's abysmal road record. They are a very different team on the road especially on the defensive side.

There are a number of reasons for this but the main one is their defensive speed is negated when on the road. At home their "12th man" gives the D a huge edge cause the noise factor affects the visiting teams offense in a huge way.

mmmdk
01-07-2008, 09:39 AM
There is a very good reason the spread is where it's at: Seattle's abysmal road record. They are a very different team on the road especially on the defensive side.

There are a number of reasons for this but the main one is their defensive speed is negated when on the road. At home their "12th man" gives the D a huge edge cause the noise factor affects the visiting teams offense in a huge way.

True! Packers are still favorites but you gotta play the game...to win it.

In 2003, 2-6 on road and lost wildcard game at Lambeau.
In 2004, 4-4 on road.
In 2005, in their SB runnerup season, they were 5-3 on the road.
In 2006, 4-4 on the road plus lost in OT on road in divisional playoff game.
In 2007, 3-5 on road and must play at Lambeau in divisional playoff game.

pbmax
01-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Good call Nut. That jump start that both ends had against the Redskins line won't be the same on the road. I am worried about Tauscher. He's going to need his legs at full strength to catch Kearny. He's seen him before at least.

I think cutback running will work against the speed of the Seahawks D. But Colledge and Spitz/Moll/Barbre/Section 201, Row G, Seat 15 cannot allow penetration.

SeahawkDude
01-07-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm scared senseless by Holmgren; I owe Holmgren so much as a Packer fan and I think his Seahawks will be ready to the challenge plus Hawks has the best shot of all the wildcard teams to beat the Packers. Besides, Seahawks are a vet playoff team with a smart defense; Packers are wet behind the ears and are long removed from playoff success. Lastly, Seattle is an outstanding outdoors team...are Packers?

Good honest points from a Packer fan.

I'm not certain how my Seahawks are going to handle possible freezing weather conditions Saturday, but having watched your GB team fold in that frozen game down in Chicago earlier this season, I have reason to be optimistic.

GrnBay007
01-07-2008, 10:37 AM

Welcome SeahawkDude.

How did you come across our friendly PackerRat House?

SeahawkDude
01-07-2008, 10:43 AM

Welcome SeahawkDude.

Thanks
While visiting a Saints site last year, I came across this gem.http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175

fan4life
01-07-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm not certain how my Seahawks are going to handle possible freezing weather conditions Saturday, but having watched your GB team fold in that frozen game down in Chicago earlier this season, I have reason to be optimistic.
It wasn't the cold that did GB in, but the 40 mph winds whipping around Soldier Field. It's not for nothing that Chicago is called the Windy City. It caught our rookie punter unprepared.... and allowed special teams' play to determine the outcome of that game.

Neither team will have a significant weather advantage on Saturday.

GrnBay007
01-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks
While visiting a Saints site last year, I came across this gem.http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175

Nice!
Folks here enjoy talking to other fans.

Tarlam!
01-07-2008, 10:55 AM

We all call it as we see it, SHD. Welcome. We love other teams' fans around here and you're welcome to talk good football talk to/with the Best of the Midwest, from around the globe.

We love our Team and we won't stand for garbage talked about 'em. But we are an honest bunch, so, let your facts fly!

Good luck that no one from your team gets a serious injury on Saturday, but, I hope we score more points than your 'hawks!

GrnBay007
01-07-2008, 11:00 AM

Words of wisdom.

Good to see you posting again. :D

SeahawkDude
01-07-2008, 11:34 AM

We all call it as we see it, SHD. Welcome. We love other teams' fans around here and you're welcome to talk good football talk to/with the Best of the Midwest, from around the globe.

We love our Team and we won't stand for garbage talked about 'em. But we are an honest bunch, so, let your facts fly!

Good luck that no one from your team gets a serious injury on Saturday, but, I hope we score more points than your 'hawks!

Thanks. Good friendly banter is the order of the day. We're all football fans and want our teams to do well. When they don't, it's a bummer. After Saturday, one of us is going to be bummed. :cry: .... :D

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 11:41 AM

Welcome SeahawkDude.

Thanks

That is FANTASTIC!! Which is your home forum? This should be a VERY good game. I asked in another thread, but didn't see an answer yet...how is your special teams play? I haven't watched the 'Hawks much this year? Do you think it's true that this is M1's last stand?

SeahawkDude
01-07-2008, 11:57 AM

I always feel confident when we play at home. After Saturday's game, the Redskin's Sellers said Qwest Field was so loud, he was sure the place was "miked up". But unfortunately for us, we're not playing there this weekend. I do think however, we played the 'skins so well that we're going to give the Pack all they can handle. I also can't think of anybody else I'd rather have prepare our team for Lambeau Field than Mike Holmgren.

cpk1994
01-07-2008, 12:29 PM

I'm not certain how my Seahawks are going to handle possible freezing weather conditions Saturday, but having watched your GB team fold in that frozen game down in Chicago earlier this season, I have reason to be optimistic.I wouldn't be too optimistic based on the Bears game. That was played in 40 mph winds. That won't be the case at Lambeau. It was the wind, not the cold that did in the Packers.

SeahawkDude
01-07-2008, 12:31 PM

Welcome SeahawkDude.

Thanks

That is FANTASTIC!! Which is your home forum? This should be a VERY good game. I asked in another thread, but didn't see an answer yet...how is your special teams play? I haven't watched the 'Hawks much this year? Do you think it's true that this is M1's last stand?

Just figured out that M1 is Mike Holmgren, Mike Sherman would be M2, and Mike McCarthy is M3. Is that a requirement to coach in Green Bay, you have to be named Mike? :) I have no reason to believe Holmgrem is leaving after this year. He seems to be enjoying it for the most part, and he's no geezer like Parcells. I think he gets along well enough with the owner, and he'd sure like to give Seattle a Super Bowl victory. As far as special teams, I can only say I hope I don't see any more screw-ups like that gift we gave to the Redskin's Mix. I usually visit http://www.stateoffootball.com/MBLogin.aspx,(not on the list).

MadtownPacker
01-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Whats up Seahawkdude. Come by for the gameday thread if you aint doing nothing else.

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Just figured out that M1 is Mike Holmgren, Mike Sherman would be M2, and Mike McCarthy is M3. Is that a requirement to coach in Green Bay, you have to be named Mike? :) I have no reason to believe Holmgrem is leaving after this year. He seems to be enjoying it for the most part, and he's no geezer like Parcells. I think he gets along well enough with the owner, and he'd sure like to give Seattle a Super Bowl victory. As far as special teams, I can only say I hope I don't see any more screw-ups like that gift we gave to the Redskin's Mix. I usually visit http://www.stateoffootball.com/MBLogin.aspx,(not on the list).

Well we had Ray Rhodes for a season, but he gave the team the season off and got canned... :roll:

SeahawkDude
01-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Whats up Seahawkdude. Come by for the gameday thread if you aint doing nothing else.

Good chance I'll look in on you guys up till kick-off. Then I've found it's better to just let you guys have it to yourselves, especially (and hopefully :) ) if things aren't going well for your team.

Carolina_Packer
01-07-2008, 01:13 PM

I think it's cool when you say stuff like write it down or book it. Good job, guy! That's fun.

Carolina_Packer
01-07-2008, 01:16 PM
True! Packers are still favorites but you gotta play the game...to win it.

Were you channeling Herm Edwards there for a second? :lol:

outflow
01-07-2008, 08:00 PM

This (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=270909006) could be the reason why.

Dude, that was week 1. We'll see, but it seems way too high.

Jimx29
01-07-2008, 10:18 PM
http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175

That my friend is a great collection of fan sites. :tup: