PDA

View Full Version : Thompson a Packer til 2012

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Sorry, Woody...

http://packers.com/news/releases/2008/01/07/2/

Merlin
01-07-2008, 12:41 PM
That doesn't excuse his missteps or mistakes. Now that he is locked up for what is an eternity, maybe the light will kick on and he will draft someone in the first round who can play now.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2008, 12:44 PM
It's only 4 years and if he was to fail badly it could just be 2. I doubt it though. He will stay for all of it.

The Leaper
01-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Smart move to get him locked up for awhile. He's one of the top 8 college talent evaluators IMO.

coolman3
01-07-2008, 01:02 PM
When Ted Thompson was hired 3 years ago, she became the NFL's first woman gm, as well as the league's first openly gay gm. Congregation Teddi!!!

---People for the Advancement of All Female Women

Tarlam!
01-07-2008, 01:07 PM
When Ted Thompson was hired 3 years ago, she became the NFL's first woman gm, as well as the league's first openly gay gm. Congregation Teddi!!!

Tank, you are as polarizing and stupid as you ever were.

Yes, that was a personal attack, which is extremely rare for me these days.

Carolina_Packer
01-07-2008, 01:08 PM

Tank, is this another screen name? You sly devil! It's the bad poetry that is a dead giveaway.

Why not quote the Moody Blues while you are at it?

Cold-hearted Homer! (remember that Simpson's?)

Freak Out
01-07-2008, 01:10 PM

TT might be a pillow biter but you need to lay off the LSD coolman.

PAAFW? :lol:

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 01:13 PM

As long as he wins (which he does) I don't care if he's a green alien from Mars.

Deputy Nutz
01-07-2008, 01:14 PM
He has been so far, successful.

coolman3
01-07-2008, 01:17 PM
I know a lot you hate JSO, but Anti-Polar Bear wrote this there:

When Ted was a little girl, she dreamed of flying into outer space. The infinite universe fascinated her. She wanted to be the very first polar bear to orbit the stars. She wanted to explore the unknown, to hold the hand of another intelligent life form. Is she not alone in her passion to seek the truth? Is she not alone in all of space?

But it was not to be. Ted was destined to lead a professional football team. She was meant to be the very first women general manager in the National Football League. She was meant to be the first, liberally speaking, out-of-the-closet general manager. She was meant to burn the Green Bay Packers to down the ground.

The Seattle Seahawks were desperate. They had just demoted Mike Holmgren as general manager. Ted was available for promotion. Seahawk owner Paul Allen wanted someone, anyone...but Ted. So Allen hired a basketball guru. What was his name again? Bob Winsit? Ted was depressed. He thought he was meant to be a general manager in the NFL. The Seahawks had just hired a...gasp...BASKETBALL guru over Ted! How incompetent could Ted be, to have been bypassed for a...gasp..BASKETBALL guru?

Lucky for Ted, but unlucky for the Green Bay Packers, what transpired in Seattle merely commenced a butterfly effect: a small, seemly harmless, variation leading to a large long-term variation. The fall of Rome, the end of the Ming Dynasty, the oblivion of the U.S.S.R: all because of the butterfly effect. Will the Green Bay Packers suffer a similar fate? Ted came along and gave birth to 4-12...

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 01:18 PM
That doesn't excuse his missteps or mistakes. Now that he is locked up for what is an eternity, maybe the light will kick on and he will draft someone in the first round who can play now.

Yeah, I'm hoping he finally figures out how to put together a winning team too, otherwise we'll never make it to the play-offs.

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 01:20 PM
...which lead to 8-8 and then 12-3 with a first round bye...

Tank your idiocy has not diminshed in the least...are those words too big for you?

btw, I'm still waiting to hear which prof over at Gtown actually awarded (or should I say gifted) your ass an A on a paper...

coolman3
01-07-2008, 01:25 PM
[quote="MJZiggy"]...which lead to 8-8 and then 12-3 with a first round bye...

quote]

APB also wrote a flawless argument over there. It is entitled "An Argument Against the Contract Extension of Ted Thompson." In short, APB concludes:

And so in conclusion, we have made a sound and persuasive argument. We have argued logically and with indisputable evidences that, due to Thompson's incompetence running the Packer football operation, he does not deserve a contract extension. Thompson's abominations should not go unaccounted for, and if there is any justice left in this conservative-corrupted world, his contract should (deservedly) be terminated.

But as we are also extreme liberals, we are open-minded to the realm of extreme paranormals. Mike Sherman, despite his profound success, was let go too soon by the incompetent Bob Harlan, before he had the opportunity to kiss the Lombardi Trophy in front of Nike (the goddess of victory). The 2007 season has ended. A new season begins. The Playoffs. If the Packers can manage to achieve the insurmountable, and win three straight games, then we-as extreme liberals-will be the first to concede to our opponents' fallacious notion that there is indeed an ounce of competence within so incompetent a Polar Bear. We may even concede to their fallacious belief that Ted Thompson is superior to Mike Sherman as a general manager.

gbgary
01-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Thompson a Packer til 2012

i'll bet we have a billion dollars of cap room saved up by then.

LOL......i couldn't resist.

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Thompson a Packer til 2012

i'll bet we have a billion dollars of cap room saved up by then.

Good. We'll need it to resign all the young talent Thompson's brought in.

Fritz
01-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Coolman, or whoever you are, the fans in Detroit would love to have the "incompetence" of a Ted Thompson running a 13-3 team that is the youngest in the league and has plenty of cap space next year.

So if TT is incompentent, what is Matt Millen?

Carolina_Packer
01-07-2008, 01:40 PM
[quote=MJZiggy]...which lead to 8-8 and then 12-3 with a first round bye...

quote]

APB also wrote a flawless argument over there. It is entitled "An Argument Against the Contract Extension of Ted Thompson." In short, APB concludes:

And so in conclusion, we have made a sound and persuasive argument. We have argued logically and with indisputable evidences that, due to Thompson's incompetence running the Packer football operation, he does not deserve a contract extension. Thompson's abominations should not go unaccounted for, and if there is any justice left in this conservative-corrupted world, his contract should (deservedly) be terminated.

But as we are also extreme liberals, we are open-minded to the realm of extreme paranormals. Mike Sherman, despite his profound success, was let go too soon by the incompetent Bob Harlan, before he had the opportunity to kiss the Lombardi Trophy in front of Nike (the goddess of victory). The 2007 season has ended. A new season begins. The Playoffs. If the Packers can manage to achieve the insurmountable, and win three straight games, then we-as extreme liberals-will be the first to concede to our opponents' fallacious notion that there is indeed an ounce of competence within so incompetent a Polar Bear. We may even concede to their fallacious belief that Ted Thompson is superior to Mike Sherman as a general manager.

This is a first. I've never seen a poster be his own biatch!

coolman3
01-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Coolman, or whoever you are, the fans in Detroit would love to have the "incompetence" of a Ted Thompson running a 13-3 team that is the youngest in the league and has plenty of cap space next year.

Fritz, even the geek Patler can not dispute these obvious facts: After 3 seasons as gm, Sherman won 34 games; after 3 seasons, Thompson won 25 games. Even if the Pack go 16-0 next season, Sherman would still have more wins than Thompson within 4 seasons. Sherman got fired. Thompson got a new contract. Defies logic!!!

Millen is a whipping boy. As long as the Ford family needs a whipping boy, Millen will always be around.

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 01:50 PM
In each of Thompson's seasons, the team improved and they went further. Thus proving that your friend APB is not too good with the math and logic--and this is coming from a completely non-math person, and the only reason you're claiming that Patler could not argue with that logic is because he doesn't happen to be logged in at the moment.

Cheesehead Craig
01-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Great to see TT extended. He really has built a winning team for the long term.

Carolina_Packer
01-07-2008, 01:54 PM

Fritz, even the geek Patler can not dispute these obvious facts: After 3 seasons as gm, Sherman won 34 games; after 3 seasons, Thompson won 25 games. Even if the Pack go 16-0 next season, Sherman would still have more wins than Thompson within 4 seasons. Sherman got fired. Thompson got a new contract. Defies logic!!!

Millen is a whipping boy. As long as the Ford family needs a whipping boy, Millen will always be around.

Sherman succeeded Wolf
Thompson succeeded Sherman

Who took over the better situation personnel-wise. When you combine HC/GM into one person, the HC can often have a fool for a GM.

coolman3
01-07-2008, 01:56 PM
In each of Thompson's seasons, the team improved and they went further. Thus proving that your friend APB is not too good with the math and logic--and this is coming from a completely non-math person, and the only reason you're claiming that Patler could not argue with that logic is because he doesn't happen to be logged in at the moment.

With all due respect, MJZiggy, you're the one who is not very good at math. In one of your thread above, you wrote, and I quote "...and then 12-3 with a first round bye." Um..there are 16 regular season games. I guess that biology professor at Harvard is right: women are inferior intellectually compared to men, due to women's smaller brain size.

Do the math, it is not hard to improve upon a 4 win season.

The Leaper
01-07-2008, 01:59 PM

It is hard to put together a 13 win one.

I didn't see Sherman do it.

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 02:02 PM

With all due respect, MJZiggy, you're the one who is not very good at math. In one of your thread above, you wrote, and I quote "...and then 12-3 with a first round bye." Um..there are 16 regular season games. I guess that biology professor at Harvard is right: women are inferior intellectually compared to men, due to women's smaller brain size.

Excuse the typo. 13-3. Doesn't change the fact that your so-called logic doesn't work. It's not hard to improve on 4 wins, but it's damned hard to achieve 13.

HarveyWallbangers
01-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Gotta love tank criticizing somebody for typo.

coolman3
01-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Sherman succeeded Wolf

Who took over the better situation personnel-wise. When you combine HC/GM into one person, the HC can often have a fool for a GM.

Lets see...When Sherman first started he had Freeman and Schroeder as starting WRs. He had some guy named K-Something Something as a starting DE. He had a guy named Bernado Harris as starting MLB. He had Tyrone Williams as starting cb.

When Thompson took over he had Javon Walker and Donald Driver as WRs, both pro bowlers. He had Aaron Kampman as starting DE (drafted by Sherman). He had Nick Barnett as starting MLB (drafted by Sherman). He had Al Harris (aquired by Sherman) as starting cb.

Sherman had the great O line assembled by Wolf. Thompson could've had a greater line had he kept Wahle and drafted Logan Mankins.

Thompson took over the better situation. But fucked it up.

Lurker64
01-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Why are we arguing with Tank? Hasn't history proven that he's impervious to logic?

Thompson could win the next 5 superbowls and some people would still want to rip on them, the best bet is to just ignore those people.

coolman3
01-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Thompson could win the next 5 superbowls and some people would still want to rip on them, the best bet is to just ignore those people.

Did you read my "conclusion" on page 1? I said I will be willing to admit that Thomson is a better gm than Sherman IF the Packer win a SB within 4 yrs with Thompson as gm.

Lurker64
01-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Did you read my "conclusion" on page 1? I said I will be willing to admit that Thomson is a better gm than Sherman IF the Packer win a SB within 4 yrs with Thompson as gm.

Yes, and Woodbuck said he'd be ecstatic if the Packers went 8-8 this year. It's a "what have you done for me lately" world, nobody holds anybody to what they say on the internet.

RashanGary
01-07-2008, 02:19 PM
I know a few people who absolutely hate Ted Thompson. I used to think some people were just joking that they thought it was all his fault, but then I listened to a few of my friends and I just laugh. They say the same thing as the TT haters do here. It's funny.

Anyway, it's nice to have him locked up for a few more years. HOpefully he gets a hefty pay raise. He deserves it.

Carolina_Packer
01-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Logan Mankins! That proves it. If it looks like, talks like and quacks like a Tank, it must be a Tank! APB/Tank was in love with Logan Mankins as a first round pick in '05, blah, blah, blah.

OK, Coolman (if that is your real name), if you had to comment on the current state of the team at 13-3, heading into the divisional playoffs, what do you think? Again, don't go back to even 2006; right here, right now where the Packers stand and where they will go from here, what do you think? You're a fan just like me, just like all the folks here. What have you got with respect to where the Pack is right now? You excited? You bummed? You worried? Let us know.

coolman3
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
[quote="MJZiggy"]

Excuse the typo. [quote]

Yeah, the typo excuse. Um...if you expect other posters, especially those who posts while their instant messaging boxes on their toolbar are constantly blinking with incomming messages, to proof read their writing before hitting the submit bottom, you should do the same. :)

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
[quote="MJZiggy"]

Excuse the typo. [quote]

Yeah, the typo excuse. Um...if you expect other posters, especially those who posts while their instant messaging boxes on their toolbar are constantly blinking with incomming messages, to proof read their writing before hitting the submit bottom, you should do the same. :)

Who are you talking about?

RashanGary
01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
What's up Tank? You helped me refine a few of my opinions. I refuse to think you believe what you say about Thompson. I know you see the things I see, but you have more fun arguing the other side :)

cheesner
01-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Excuse the typo.

[/quote] not [quote] to end MJZ's quote

incoming

proofread

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 02:30 PM
See now that's just overkill... :lol:

coolman3
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
incoming

proofread

you must not have a lot of "buddies" on your AIM list. :D

cheesner
01-07-2008, 02:33 PM
People who live in glass houses . . . eh?

I have read of the famous 'Tank' and wondered what kind of poster he could be to infuriate so many. The absurdity is beyond my wildest imagination.

coolman3
01-07-2008, 02:35 PM

MJ, do you use AIM?? Try posting while a bunch of your friends are constantly messaging you.

Zool
01-07-2008, 02:36 PM
WTF is a submit bottom?

Carolina_Packer
01-07-2008, 02:37 PM
People who live in glass houses . . . eh?

I have read of the famous 'Tank' and wondered what kind of poster he could be to infuriate so many. The absurdity is beyond my wildest imagination.

You have Matt Damon as your avatar and you call TT gay? :lol: Oh, right! APB calls TT gay. Gotta keep up your cover.

coolman3
01-07-2008, 02:39 PM
WTF is a submit bottom?

typo. :D

coolman3
01-07-2008, 02:42 PM
You have Matt Damon as your avatar and you call TT gay? :lol: Oh, right! APB calls TT gay. Gotta keep up your cover.

I'm in love with Bourne. :oops:

Lurker64
01-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Try posting while a bunch of your friends are constantly messaging you.

If this is hard for you, please stop doing it. It's hard to whistle while you're pissing sometimes.

The Leaper
01-07-2008, 02:44 PM
hitting the submit bottom

Sounds like someone has discipline on the mind.

Want TT to spank you, Tank?

coolman3
01-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Try posting while a bunch of your friends are constantly messaging you.

If this is hard for you, please stop doing it. It's hard to whistle while you're pissing sometimes.

who said its hard? I type fast and don't like to proof my posts. Unless they MJ has a phd and she teaches a "internet writing" class and I am enrolled, i could care less. :idea:

but like her, everytime i make a mistake, i blame it on typo. :lol:

coolman3
01-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Somewhere nutz is pissed that i am talking all the attention. When I was a little boy, my father did not pay much attention to me. Thats why I seek so much attention on the internet. :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
01-07-2008, 02:52 PM
everytime i make a mistake, i blame it on typo. :lol:
Ah, that explains it. You really DO like TT, it's just a typo. Gotcha!

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 02:54 PM

MJ, do you use AIM?? Try posting while a bunch of your friends are constantly messaging you.

Never tried AIM, I have two other services that work just fine for me...You need to learn to multitask.

coolman3
01-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Back to the topic. I do not want Nutz to get mad and have mad ban me.
8-)

I do not think Thompson deserve a contract extension....

btw, is Nick Collins now Justin Herrall? If so, whats up Nick! I'm cool man.

esoxx
01-07-2008, 03:27 PM
8-)

No, Greg Jennings is now Justin Harrell.

The Shadow
01-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Signing Thompson to an extension was the very best thing the Packers could do. He is the key to the future health of this team.
Best news of all!

Fred's Slacks
01-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Logan Mankins! That proves it. If it looks like, talks like and quacks like a Tank, it must be a Tank! APB/Tank was in love with Logan Mankins as a first round pick in '05, blah, blah, blah.

OK, Coolman (if that is your real name), if you had to comment on the current state of the team at 13-3, heading into the divisional playoffs, what do you think? Again, don't go back to even 2006; right here, right now where the Packers stand and where they will go from here, what do you think? You're a fan just like me, just like all the folks here. What have you got with respect to where the Pack is right now? You excited? You bummed? You worried? Let us know.

Yeah, I remember that too. Except he didn't want us to draft Logan Mankins until mid way through his first season after he found out that he was good. Before that he thought we should trade our entire draft to move up and get Antrel Rolle. That would have been a great move. :roll:

woodbuck27
01-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Sorry, Woody...

So Upper Management is wired a lot like some here.I'll be sitting here posting in 2013 and TRUST this:

As long as Ted Thompson is the GM of the Green Bay Packers noone here will enjoy a visit to the Super Bowl moreso a Lombardi Trophy. Ted Thompason will have to change a great deal for me to eat that one.

Now I'll tell y'aal this. When I make such a prediction of negativity and being a positive minded person generally.

I am seldon wrong. I don't write that down on any arrogance but as a fact of my life and who I am as a person. I'm terribly disappointed that Ted Thompson was extended.

That's very sad.

Ted Thomopson isn't what he needs to be to be labeled 'a winner'. You'll all suffer his ways over and over and over again. Gradually those few of us that are down on TT and are maligned or ridiculed on this forum (Haha :) will gain support.

I hope that none of us ever resorts to the same BS that some here attempt to LORD over us. Your all too pathetic.

woodbuck27
01-07-2008, 04:51 PM
8-)

Hi TANK.

How's life treating you Packer fan? Happy new Year. :)

PackerTimer
01-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Sorry, Woody...

So Upper Management is wired a lot like some here.I'll be sitting here posting in 2013 and TRUST this:

As long as Ted Thompson is the GM of the Green Bay Packers noone here will enjoy a visit to the Super Bowl moreso a Lombardi Trophy. Ted Thompason will have to change a great deal for me to eat that one.

Now I'll tell y'aal this. When I make such a prediction of negativity and being a positive minded person generally.

I am seldon wrong. I don't write that down on any arrogance but as a fact of my life and who I am as a person. I'm terribly disappointed that Ted Thompson was extended.

That's very sad.

Ted Thomopson isn't what he needs to be to be labeled 'a winner'. You'll all suffer his ways over and over and over again. Gradually those few of us that are down on TT and are maligned or ridiculed on this forum (Haha :) will gain support.

I hope that none of us ever resorts to the same BS that some here attempt to LORD over us. Your all too pathetic.

This is funny. I mean coming from somebody who is notoriously wrong on this very message board.

woodbuck27
01-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Sherman succeeded Wolf

Lets see...When Sherman first started he had Freeman and Schroeder as starting WRs. He had some guy named K-Something Something as a starting DE. He had a guy named Bernado Harris as starting MLB. He had Tyrone Williams as starting cb.

When Thompson took over he had Javon Walker and Donald Driver as WRs, both pro bowlers. He had Aaron Kampman as starting DE (drafted by Sherman). He had Nick Barnett as starting MLB (drafted by Sherman). He had Al Harris (aquired by Sherman) as starting cb.

Sherman had the great O line assembled by Wolf. Thompson could've had a greater line had he kept Wahle and drafted Logan Mankins.

Thompson took over the better situation. But fucked it up.

That is a strong post TANK.

The TT LOVER's here will never admit it but you make solid points here. As a matter of fact it's unassailable.

Scott Campbell
01-07-2008, 05:01 PM
That is a strong post TANK.

The TT LOVER's here will never admit it but you make solid points here. As a matter of fact it's unassailable.

Debatable? Perhaps.

Unassailable? Only if your up to your neck in false pride.

woodbuck27
01-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Sorry, Woody...

That's very sad.

This is funny. I mean coming from somebody who is notoriously wrong on this very message board.

Back yourself up.

Where have I been wrong more so notoriously wrong.

Back yourself up!! Don't just act like Scott Campbell and piss into the wind.

You can only draw on opinion that I'm notoriously wrong on this message board. That is categorical BULLSHIT!!

So screw you or back yourself up!! :)

PACKERS FOREVER!

PackerTimer
01-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Sorry, Woody...

That's very sad.

Back yourself up.

You can only draw on opinion that I'm notoriously wrong on this message board. That is categorical BULLSHIT!!

PACKERS FOREVER!

Your whole bit has been wrong and tired for the last four months. All summer I heard you and others bemoan the fact that this team was terrible. They are not terrible. You were wrong.

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Back yourself up.

PACKERS FOREVER!

THE BOOK OF WOODY

Chapter 1: Genesis of Mental Paralysis

Retardocity humps delusional and creates an angry man child out to swallow the world in stupidity. Woody rises from the afterbirth, puke spilling from its gaping maw. The puke forms letters, words strewn in unintelligible strings of absurdity, anger, and vanity.

It stumbles though the ancient trees of Canada, home to it's sire and dam. It strikes it's head against stone, and more vomit cascades from it's mouth. Hate. Anger. An unnatural love for it's sibling, recently returned from long exile in the lands of Jayesso to prop up his brother's crumbling mind.

It must eat. It must devour thought, reason, and Ted Thompson. It is hungry now, bile in it's gums, and only Ted Thompson will satiate its unreasonable ironclad confusion. It finds itself eating it's own lips, but continues stumbling south...

woodbuck27
01-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Sorry, Woody...

That's very sad.

Back yourself up.

PACKERS FOREVER!

Your whole bit has been wrong and tired for the last four months. All summer I heard you and others bemoan the fact that this team was terrible. They are not terrible. You were wrong.

Find the post where I said my team (THE GREEN BAY PACKERS) was terrible.

I re-submit:

Back yourself up. or rather think twice before you post a personal attack. I've never used such language as Packers and terrible.

You'll hunt a long time before you prove otherwise.

YOU PackerTimer MUST BACK YOURSELF UP!!

My issues are 100% with Ted Thompson and his ways and style of managing our team and not the Green Bay Packers as a team Man.

Scott Campbell
01-07-2008, 05:24 PM
dp

Scott Campbell
01-07-2008, 05:27 PM

As long as Ted Thompson is the GM of the Green Bay Packers noone here will enjoy a visit to the Super Bowl moreso a Lombardi Trophy.

1) No Packer fan should root for the team to lose just because they hate the GM.
2) I trust you won't change your position no matter what happens - because of false pride.
3) 2013 is well past your expiration date.

Scott Campbell
01-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I am seldon wrong.

Yeah, we've heard. Like a million times.

False pride Woody.

Scott Campbell
01-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Sorry, Woody...

That's very sad.

Back yourself up.

Where have I been wrong more so notoriously wrong?

I'm guessing his memory isn't so good, and he hasn't read most of the threads I bumped. Not that it would matter.

False Pride Woody.

woodbuck27
01-07-2008, 05:33 PM

As long as Ted Thompson is the GM of the Green Bay Packers noone here will enjoy a visit to the Super Bowl moreso a Lombardi Trophy.

1) No Packer fan should root for the team to lose just because they hate the GM.
2) I trust you won't change your position because of false pride.
1) 2013 is well past your expiration date.

You are something that's all wrong Scott.

Do you really imagine I'd root for the Packers to lose on Saturday Vs the Seahawks because I'm annoid with the way Ted Thompson conducted himseld in last of season? Just the mere suggestion of that by YOU Scott clearly demonstrates your obsession with me and your need to ridicule or otherwise discredit me.

Get some HELP Scott. That's concerned advice for you young man. Your quite ill Scott Campbell. There's HELP for people like you man.

I'm serious Scott. You're right where you got in my observation once before.

Take a DAM rest SCOTT.

Clearer language. STOP making such an idiot of yourself.It's embarassing for me to watch man.

Scott Campbell
01-07-2008, 05:46 PM
You are such an idiot Scott.

Well, duh.

Do you really imagine I'd root for the Packers to lose on Saturday Vs the Seahawks because I'm annoid with the way Ted Thompson conducted himseld in last of season?

Yes. I think your behavior has made that abundantly clear.

Just the mere suggestion of that by YOU Scott clearly demonstrates your obsession with me and your need to ridicule or otherwise discredit me.

Here's the deal Woody - you discredit yourself. I merely highlight what you write.

You're right where you got in my observation once before.

So what?

vince
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
:drma:

The Shadow
01-07-2008, 06:20 PM
[b]I am seldon wrong.[b

.................................................. .......................

Except for opinions and spelling...........

green_bowl_packer
01-07-2008, 06:28 PM
btw, I'm still waiting to hear which prof over at Gtown actually awarded (or should I say gifted) your ass an A on a paper...

He put on his Patrick Ewing Georgetown knee pads.

cheesner
01-07-2008, 06:46 PM

Do you really imagine I'd root for the Packers to lose on Saturday Vs the Seahawks because I'm annoid with the way Ted Thompson conducted himseld in last of season? Just the mere suggestion of that by YOU Scott clearly demonstrates your obsession with me and your need to ridicule or otherwise discredit me.

Get some HELP Scott. That's concerned advice for you young man. Your quite ill Scott Campbell. There's HELP for people like you man.

Take a DAM rest SCOTT.

Clearer language. STOP making such an idiot of yourself.It's embarassing for me to watch man.
No, you won't root against the Packers, but you would still be happy if they lost. But, if they win, you will come up with some kind of excuse as to why they won, IN SPITE of TT. The only unhealthy obsession on this board is yours aimed at TT.

Let it go. It is okay to admit that you are wrong.

Are you perhaps superstitious? If you suddenly admit that TT is good, will the Packers suddenly crumble? Do you keep up a facade of increasingly ridiculous blind hatred of TT to maintain the Packer success? I am hoping for this scenario - because, yes, it is a bit embarrassing.

HarveyWallbangers
01-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Mike Huff sucks balls.

Carolina_Packer
01-07-2008, 06:53 PM

Like Dominos said, avoid annoid. :lol:

Carolina_Packer
01-07-2008, 06:55 PM

Take a DAM rest SCOTT.

No, you won't root against the Packers, but you would still be happy if they lost. But, if they win, you will come up with some kind of excuse as to why they won, IN SPITE of TT. The only unhealthy obsession on this board is yours aimed at TT.

Are you perhaps superstitious? If you suddenly admit that TT is good, will the Packers suddenly crumble? Do you keep up a facade of increasingly ridiculous blind hatred of TT to maintain the Packer success? I am hoping for this scenario - because, yes, it is a bit embarrassing.

I don't know. His anti-TT rhetoric has worked to the tune of 13-3 this year with a first round bye. Why stop his schtick now?

Bossman641
01-07-2008, 07:10 PM

Take a DAM rest SCOTT.

I don't know. His anti-TT rhetoric has worked to the tune of 13-3 this year with a first round bye. Why stop his schtick now?

Agreed, Keep it up Woody.

TT Sucks, Rah Rah Rah

Don't stop now.

packers11
01-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Jesus... Doesn't this anti-T.T. talk ever stop... Its sickening... You guys would have had a case if this team had declined from 8-8, but they are standing at 13-3 with a first round bye...

I for one, was not a T.T. supporter when the season begun but also not a hater... You guys are brainwashed over your T.T. hate, give it up, and enjoy the ride to the Superbowl...

Scott Campbell
01-07-2008, 07:29 PM
"We are very pleased with the way Ted Thompson has led the football operations of this organization,"

"He is doing exactly what we anticipated when we hired him," Harlan said. "He crafted his trade under (former Packers GM) Ron Wolf, built a strong football team in Seattle and has built a team here in Green Bay that is back in the playoffs. He has a great system of building the team through the draft and has the Packers positioned very well for the future."

Bob Harlan

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/jan08/tted0107.jpg

ND72
01-07-2008, 08:02 PM

I got to this point, then I had to comment....Ted's first year as 4-12 was the direct result of Mike Shermas as the GM.

Partial
01-07-2008, 08:11 PM
If TT is only an adequate GM, does that mean Harlan is a bad president for hiring him instead of someone better? Further more, is that why Harlan is leaving his position? Does it mean the stock holders of the Packers are bad owners for not voicing their disdain with Harlan for hiring TT?

begs many questions this does.

PackerTimer
01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Sorry, Woody...

That's very sad.

Back yourself up.

PACKERS FOREVER!

Find the post where I said my team (THE GREEN BAY PACKERS) was terrible.

I re-submit:

Back yourself up. or rather think twice before you post a personal attack. I've never used such language as Packers and terrible.

You'll hunt a long time before you prove otherwise.

YOU PackerTimer MUST BACK YOURSELF UP!!

My issues are 100% with Ted Thompson and his ways and style of managing our team and not the Green Bay Packers as a team Man.

Your issues are with the way TT has managed to turn a team around and given it a chance to be a legit super bowl contender in three years? There is absolutely no need to go over 284 pages of material to know that you did not think this was a good team over the summer. Once they started winning, the stance changes and now this is a good team, but that success has nothing to do with the person in charge of it. It's incredibly lame.

Deputy Nutz
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
"We are very pleased with the way Ted Thompson has led the football operations of this organization,"

"He is doing exactly what we anticipated when we hired him," Harlan said. "He crafted his trade under (former Packers GM) Ron Wolf, built a strong football team in Seattle and has built a team here in Green Bay that is back in the playoffs. He has a great system of building the team through the draft and has the Packers positioned very well for the future."

Bob Harlan

Bob Harlan is fucking stupid. What the fuck does this guy know? He should stick to calling games.

MJZiggy
01-07-2008, 08:59 PM

Bob Harlan

Bob Harlan is fucking stupid. What the fuck does this guy know? He should stick to calling games.

:whaa: :lol:

RashanGary
01-07-2008, 09:17 PM
My wife asked if TT was a burn victim. She said "You know, take a little good skin here and put it there, ect. . . .

I laughed my ass off. He doesn' need to take a little better care of his skin though. A little lip balm and some moisturizing face wash would go a long way for that guy :)

RashanGary
01-07-2008, 09:19 PM
“First of all, he’s got a great eye for talent, obviously,” Harlan said. “I thought he demonstrated that under Ron, because when he first came to work here, he really had no experience in this field at all. But he grew rapidly and eventually became Ron’s right-hand man, so he obviously pays attention and learns, and he learned from one of the best in Ron Wolf.

“Then I watched him when he went to Seattle and watched how he built a team there that went to the Super Bowl. Mike Holmgren admitted to me, he said, ‘I coach the guys and get the credit, but Ted is the one who picked most of the players for us.’ He’s using a system that I was comfortable with when I hired him, and I knew what he would do.”

This is some pretty lofty praise.

b bulldog
Good signing :lol:

Scott Campbell
A little lip balm and some moisturizing face wash would go a long way for that guy :)

Very nice metrosexual observation.

:lol:

RashanGary
01-07-2008, 09:51 PM
It's funny, coaches and players alike all say players matter and the coaches are a less important factor. Brett said in one of his latest press conferences that MM has been a breath of fresh air, but Sherman was good too. He said the players ultimately make the difference.

Then on 107.5, they asked the GB Phoenix coach how great of a job he thought MM was doing and the coach responded by saying "I'm a coach and I don't want to diminish what we do, but Ted has done a fantastic job bringing in players. It's the players that matter in any sport"

Then Bill Parcells was recently quoted as saying "This is a talent aquiring buisness. It's all about talent"

Then Mike Holmgren said he coaches them, but it's the players ? Ted aquired.

REALLY, anyone who's been a part of highly competitive sports seems to say it's the players. With that in mind, having a great talent evaluator should mean everything to an organization. If Ted is as good as Wolf and Holmgren say he is, this team will be good for a long, long time - even after Brett. That will be Teds true test. Right now just getting to the SB after the way this team was decimated will say a lot but before we call him great, he has to do it will all of his own guys. Then it's all him.

ecwiscott
01-09-2008, 10:28 AM

Thompson was brought in to clean up Sherman's mess. Joe Johnson, Cleditus Hunt anyone? Admit it you are just a hater!

ecwiscott
01-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Sorry, Woody...

That's very sad.

woodbuck is chickenhawk over on the JSO site.

swede
01-09-2008, 01:35 PM
So TT gets to watch two teams he's built play each other in the second round of the playoffs on Saturday.

I'd think it is an indication that he should get a little credit for knowing how to put together a football team.