Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Classy Dish

? HOFer

Favorite Classy Dish

Hands down, chicken vino bianco.

Homemade, it is definitely for the win!

My favorite classy dish was this girl I knew in college......

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Carnita tacos from the taco shop.

There are too many to choose from!! I LOVE the crab linguini in lemon butter sauce from this little joint we go to, then there's chicken saltambocca, and I just tried sea bass the other day which was wonderful, then there's a nicely cooked filet mignon or prime rib. My mom's homemade spaghetti sauce is not to be trifled with as well. That stuff is phenomenal. Another favorite is "confetti" spaghetti, though it's a heart attack waiting to happen.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Where do you start?

Ok, how bout the oft maligned beef tartar, or as I grew up knowing it - raw beef. Growing up, it was served at virtually every party you'd go to. Now you hardly ever see it, except for the menus of spendy restaurants.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Where do you start?

Ok, how bout the oft maligned beef tartar, or as I grew up knowing it - raw beef. Growing up, it was served at virtually every party you'd go to. Now you hardly ever see it, except for the menus of spendy restaurants.
    Why you gotta bring that shit up you Dalmer wannabe!!

ok, I know it's not too classy....but give me an endess helping of Alaskan King Crab legs and a heaping of melted butter anyday...

I hate not living in a seafood saavy city. and no, the glowing fish that you can find in the Fox River don't count...

You know something is wrong when I have a craving for crab legs and oysters, that Hooters is the best place to get that stuff around here. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just indicating our lack of seafood places around here. Although we do have a place called Marty's which flies in fresh crab daily from New England.

And no, Red Lobster isn't what I call fresh seafood. It's sorta like people thinking Olive Garden is authentic Italian.

You gotta come see me!
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I knew you would pipe in and rub it in!!

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    ever other year we go to maine. hell they serve lobsta like wisconsin has fish frys. we usually stay for a week, and last time we went we had lobsta at least once every day. talk about fresh. hell it was wondering free in the ocean that morning. damn i wish this wasn't the off year!! lobster, mussels, clams, and vats of butter.

as long as we are converting the subject to "non-classy" dishes. brats and saurkraut, is a fav of mine. contrary to what some might think, brats don't have to be served on a bun. My wife's great aunt, who came over on the boat, would slap you in the face if you asked for a bun for her brats and kraut.

Traditionally, Germans served just that...brats and kraut.

and to think that I didn't learn anything by watching "National Lampoons European Vacation"

Maybe the bun concept was started by Packer tailgaters, who felt the need to have a beer in one hand and a brat in the other. Well, on a plate, that is just impossible...hence the invention of the bun...

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GBMichele

Wow! Pipe and rub in the same sentence.

King Crab is by far my favorite meal. My mother serves it on New Year's Eve. I am talking legs that are close to 3 feet long! My aunt brings over the filets and I slather the baby back ribs! My all time favorite meal right there.

The other thing that is damn good are saltwater scallops. Sautee those fuckers in butter and squeeze some lemon, finally knock them off with a lttle crack pepper.

Tube steak, smothered in underpants

Am I a geek or what?
    "Litre is French, for give me some f*ckin cola!"

I love Murphy's oysters. Very crunchy on the outside, but warm and soft on the inside.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    King Crab is by far my favorite meal. My mother serves it on New Year's Eve. I am talking legs that are close to 3 feet long! My aunt brings over the filets and I slather the baby back ribs! My all time favorite meal right there.

The other thing that is damn good are saltwater scallops. Sautee those fuckers in butter and squeeze some lemon, finally knock them off with a lttle crack pepper.
    No wonder Nutz is FAT. Give me credit for coming up with the term "FAT NUT." I could sue Madtown for using it, but I'm a liberal so I won't.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

That wasn't rubbing it in. Twas an invite.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Hey Nutz, your mama is so fat, she passed it to you and made you a fat nutz. hahaha...I am a bad bad bad joker.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    That wasn't rubbing it in. Twas an invite.
    are you inviting us all out?? are you going to have to ask all your husbands if it is okay

Well not all at once!!! The house just isn't very big...and if you count that guy that shows up here every night wanting dinner, that makes one.