Thread: Report: Redskins interested in Chad Johnson

Report: Redskins interested in Chad Johnson

"Numerous league sources" tell the Washington Post that the Redskins are interested in trading for Chad Johnson.

Here we go. Two sources say Johnson is "eager" to get a new contract from the Redskins, confirming that Chad's main beef with the Bengals is about money. With a coaching staff almost fully in place, owner Dan Snyder's top priority is known to be acquiring a No. 1 receiver. While the Bengals aren't interested in moving Johnson currently, sources tell the Post that agent Drew Rosenhaus is actively working to broker a deal. It's believed the Bengals would ask for two second-round picks, or a late first and a third. Feb. 11 - 11:28 pm et

Source: Washington Post

a 1st and 3rd??? that seems pretty cheap for a top 5 WR in the league...

Senior Rat Veteran CyclonePackFan's Avatar
    How the hell are they planning to pay for him?

Daniel Snyder giving up draft picks for veteran talent, no way.

He could be had for less. A disgruntled player on the downside of his career? I think a 2nd would be more than enough.

Would Dan Snyder want to bring in a talented, but "High Maintenence" receiver like Johnson with a brand new Head Coach? That would be a high risk move, IMO.

Chad Johnson is going to end up being the NFL's Johan Santana. Continually being dangled out there with teams inquiring. I doubt he'll get traded, though. You just don't see big stars get traded that often.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Chad Johnson is going to end up being the NFL's Johan Santana. Continually being dangled out there with teams inquiring. I doubt he'll get traded, though. You just don't see big stars get traded that often.
    its ironic that santana was just traded. Your talking about big stars not being traded? Shaq O'neal was just traded for S marion.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Woodson
    its ironic that santana was just traded. Your talking about big stars not being traded? Shaq O'neal was just traded for S marion.
    I was referring to trades within the NFL.

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Woodson
    I was referring to trades within the NFL.
    Then your comparison with santana doesnt fit.

Moss, Thomas Jones Mcgahee was traded last summer,
    Its hard to say but i think that Johnson will be traded. If the bengals are smart they will try to clear out some of those trouble makers and start with a clean slate(but thats if they were smart)

My comparison was Santana was referring to the continuous speculation whether he will be traded or not, not whether he'll actually be traded.