Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clemens, Farve, and a Sacrilegious Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Clemens, Farve, and a Sacrilegious Question

I'm still hoping that Roger Clemens has answered honestly about whether he used steroids or not. I know that most people don't believe his denials.

But, he's a hero of mine so I'm holding out hope that he's being honest and can disprove the accusations.

Brett Farve also is a hero to millions, including me. I know it's a sacrilegious question to any diehard cheesehead but I have to ask it anyway:

In any interview, television or print, has Brett Farve ever been asked directly whether he has used steroids or other performance enhancing drugs during his professional career?

Please don't speculate. If you know for sure that he has been asked this question and answered it please give the details of when and where the interview appeared.

In the case of Favre.....why would the questsion ever even come up?

It's a question that will be asked if it hasn't been asked already. This will be especially true if Clemens turns out to be lying. Longevity and setting all-time records in today's climate makes people suspicious.

Besides, people are thinking about it.

In addition, there is a minority that enjoys seeing someone else's hero taken down.

Check out the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl...rn=nfl%2C66850

Favre's been through rehab and if that was in any way NFL affiliated, they'd have had their eye on him after that. The NFL also seems more stringent in testing than they've been in baseball. At least that's the impression I have.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

i think the nfl's drung testing is a lot more strict then MLB's

i think

so lets hope not. but the thought has also popped up in my mind

Blog Entries
    Yeah, BF's basically been busted for real dope, not just performance stuff. He's reached such a mythic height as a modern icon, I don't think he would be attacked if he said, "Yeah, I had to keep playin" or something like that.

Part of Clemens problem is that he is such an arrogant POS.

All that said, I don't think Brett did use performance enhancing drugs. When he's done with the season, it's fishing and hunting and at the gym 2-3 times a week.

I think the NFL testing program would have caught him. After all, I believe his vicodin problem put him "in the program" at the first step; which would have required more tests from him than anyone who had not tested positive previously.

MLB essentially had no testing program until recently.

The NFL steroid fallout happened in the mid-eighties when all of the abuse that was going on for the last 25 years came out. Guys like Alzado and Matusak led he way. There seemed to be a health risk that drove the NFL cleanup, unlike MLB which seems more about records and stats and dollars. MLB is 20 years behind them, but it will end the same..CLEANER and CONTROLLED. A purge happened in the NFL and it is very necessarily happening in baseball right now.

Many do not like Congress stepping in with MLB. I can accept that, but it took Congress' threats of legislation to bust a tough MLB players union into cooperating with a limp dick of a commisioner Selig who were doing NOTHING to fix the problems at hand. It worked, and MLB is on its way to getting cleaned up.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You can tell Favre aint on juice just by looking at his face. bonds and clemens all have Roid forehead. Im sure there are several other physical signs steroids bring

I wouldn't be suprised if he took HGH. It's untestable and unless you get cancer, it's not very harmfull.

More than likely I think he's clean though. There have never been signs that his body has gotten better with age.

There are. Something shrinks...

Can I lead the team to inspect for it? :P
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    There are. Something shrinks...

Can I lead the team to inspect for it? :P
    Yes, your balls shrink but the increased supply in blood flow to parts of your body enhances the other part.

And remind me of the problem I'd have with that again?

I know you're kidding, but since you asked..
    The guy will be saving all of his energy for a different kind of pumping workout, he would be too busy living in the gym and worrying about his sleep and nutrition to waste time being inspected. Not to mention the male PMS he has every day of the month from his overblown testosterone levels that could make a woman's look like a nice walk in the park. You'll do better performing your checks on the steroid free body, it's much safer for you physically and the guy won't be opting to stare at himself rather than into your eyes when it's over..then again I just eluded to what might be considered a romp in the sack with an unsatiable modern day barbarian that will show himself to the door immediately after.. yee hah.

Quote Originally Posted by twoseven
    The guy will be saving all of his energy for a different kind of pumping workout, he would be too busy living in the gym and worrying about his sleep and nutrition to waste time being inspected. Not to mention the male PMS he has every day of the month from his overblown testosterone levels that could make a woman's look like a nice walk in the park. You'll do better performing your checks on the steroid free body, it's much safer for you physically and the guy won't be opting to stare at himself rather than into your eyes when it's over..then again I just eluded to what might be considered a romp in the sack with an unsatiable modern day barbarian that will show himself to the door immediately after.. yee hah.
    So you are saying less is better? :P

I would be terribly surprised and deeply disappointed if we were to learn that Favre was taking steroids and/or HGH.

Though all professional athletes should not be above suspicion, I think steroid abuse by Favre would be highly unlikely.

I was kidding. Worked in a gym in college and we had a couple users there. Not the kind of guys I really wanna be hangin' with.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    So you are saying less is better? :P
    That's NOT what I said. (27 puffs out his chest)

Looks like Zig already knows what I am talking about. Interacting with dudes that are on the juice can bring on a whole other definition of abusive realtionship, literally. Bad news.

You just stick to that Michael Schofield, he'll never break your heart..or your arm.

Re: Clemens, Favre, and a Sacrilegious Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon
    In any interview, television or print, has Brett Favre ever been asked directly whether he has used steroids or other performance enhancing drugs during his professional career?

Please don't speculate. If you know for sure that he has been asked this question and answered it please give the details of when and where the interview appeared.
    YHELLO! The drug-testing discussion thus far is interesting but I asked about a press interview.

My question is whether Farve has been asked directly about steroids, HGH, etc. and is on record with an answer.

You guys have a PhD in Packerology. If he has, I bet you can remember it.

Brett Farve is about the most unassuming "hero" there is, but wait and see if this topic won't come up somewhere. We all might be defending him. I think he's clean too, but I'd like to know if he has directly answered the question before.

lol Zig - that's about as forward as ya can be, eh? Well, they could be sterile, but maybe that's a good thing too? Unless yer looking ta rope em into a Travis Henry type of deal :P

ya, twoseven's got a lot of it right. Never heard it refered to as male PMS, but I've seen some guys with nasty temperment that I'd attribute to roids. And ya, they were moody, is it actually due to fluctuation (fake) hormone levels?

Worst thing I saw though was a couple of guys who got 'bitch tits'.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...