Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The demise of JSO and the oasis of Packer Rats

The demise of JSO and the oasis of Packer Rats

Don't know where to start and realize that this is an old topic but eventhough I'm not that active of a poster I do read almost daily the various packer sites (JSO, Packer Chatter, Packer News, Packer Rats, etc.) and can't tell you how continually refreshing it is to see well thought out posts and spirited/objective arguments.

I have kept hoping that the JSO would recover but things continue to degrade over there to the point where it's pretty much a waste of time to even check for interesting posts anymore.

Just wanted to say thanks to Packer Rats for picking up the slack. Now if you'd just allow bigger avatars
    60% of the time it works every time.

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Well, props to everyone for making this the place it is and for making it the anti-JSO (and, no, we're not elitist). Packer Rats wouldn't be anything without the many voices that make it an interesting, lively and engaging place to hang out.

Glad to have you here mrbojangles!

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

I have been peeking in at JSO and it is downright depressing.
    Useless bashing of one another, pathetic.

JSO has turned into a hole but I do miss posters like Tex, St. Lou, Green Day, & etc. The good old days. I don't get why they don't come here except some people don't like to change. To each his own.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I miss Harlan.

It certainly is nice to have this forum.. I don't post all that often, but enjoy the read..

Cmon rulz, you really miss Tex
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    I miss Harlan.

Right on the nutz with that one.....

I only came over not too long ago... I, along with others, went over to the C-E site, but then it shut down, or changed, or something; so, I just went back to JS.

I knew everyone had gone somewhere, but I wasn't sure where... then someone posted this link on there, I saw it, and here I am. I'm assuming there has to be some others still over there that haven't caught sight of this site yet.
    wist

Now that SOV is here, it's like we never left.

I wish DonHutson would come over. Ahhh, all those guys are probably lurking here under names like "CandyAss" and "ILuvPack".

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    I've been reading this site for a few weeks now as well as packerchatters (who are mysteriously NOT accepting new members at this time) and figured I'd at least pop in and say hi to all you whose names I recognize but have never met.

I've had an account on JSO since '04 but rarely post for some of the same reasons everyone else gave but mostly because I enjoy reading up on the Pack and then amazing my friends with my in depth knowledge of my team and thereby making me look like I'm an amazingly dedicated fan and making them look like lesser fans of their own team. Then I tell 'em that that's how everybody is back in WI.

The Dr.'s tell me I might have a superiority complex, but I think it's merely an addiction to football.

I grew up in WI but now live in the Seatlle area - there are tons of transplants from other states and lots of fair weather fans. I go to a local sports bar to catch the noon Packer games at 10am with a breakfast and bloody mary special and several other Cheeseheads. There's even some kinda club out here for Packer fans.

Anyway - thanks for the entertainment and please keep writing.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Nice to see ya CKA. Football addiction runs rampant 'round here along with Rockstar in the Romper Room. Don't hesitate to jump in on the insanity when the mood strikes.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Kudos to anyone who comes here and makes a positive contribution.

That said, special recognition has to go to those who really put this site together. I won't name names but you know who you are. I, for one, really appreciate your efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Now that SOV is here, it's like we never left.

I wish DonHutson would come over. Ahhh, all those guys are probably lurking here under names like "CandyAss" and "ILuvPack".

No shit, it's perfect. GBM and SOV at each other throats.....man, what could be better?

This is the way it should be....

Amen, I love this place, nice job guys and gals!

Did you guys come here to talk about the Pack or make out with each other like your at the 8th grade fairwell dance? Cut the crap and get back to work.

It was a joke.......Put the knife down Harlan............................Harlan No! No!
    "Litre is French, for give me some f*ckin cola!"

Man it truly is sad, when I go back just to see if there is ANYTHING good to read at JSOnline, its just "DaBadestBear" talking smack to everyone and just the same old threads. (godforsaken FYIs) haha. But the only reason I EVER go there is to see if they updated the front cover story.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. -Morticia Addams

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy37
    Did you guys come here to talk about the Pack or make out with each other like your at the 8th grade fairwell dance? Cut the crap and get back to work.

It was a joke.......Put the knife down Harlan............................Harlan No! No!

Yippy Kiah, Mother Fucker.

I miss Bananaman, where is that guy anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by GBMichele
    I miss Bananaman, where is that guy anyhow?
    I agree! I loved that Banana. You see that dancin banana and you just know everything is gonna be alright. I love you banana, wherever you are.
    "Litre is French, for give me some f*ckin cola!"

Murph, can you go bait him with a Chiquita or something?