Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gas up

Gas up

The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

I really need to trade in my truck.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. -Morticia Addams

Did you guys read about how GM is offering capped gas at $1.99 for certain vehicles now? Basically, you keep track of what you spend in gas each month and they send you a gift card with the difference between $1.99 and what you actually spent on gas.

Shame on you, GM !!!

Well I currently own a 2005 Ford F-150 Smoke grey.... Besides the point it is a ford so that dont matter to me unfortunaltly
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. -Morticia Addams

It's just a buying perk for those looking at buying new GM's, (mostly SUV and trucks) not for like existing owners or anything like that.

I wish my SUV got better gas mileage, too Mazzin. Probably gets a little better than your truck, but it's not fun to put $60 in to fill up.

Yea mine is a 27 gallon tank at 2.76 = 74.52. But i never let it get BONE dry so it takes like 60 to fill, i think i get like 14 miles a gallon. One ? GBM i know you are one of the "top dogs" here, How did you get your custom name liek Hottie Rat. (Dont wanna be a "hottie" rat) Just asking like is tehre a forumla or does someone just decide hey this person talks about fishing so they will be fishing rat??

Thanks in advanced

mazzin, that's a good question for Mad. He has standard ranks, but also, after people get to know your personality a bit, he will custom make a name for you.

$2.76 for gas/ dayum, that's "cheap"

Cheap, where in the hell do you get gas and how much is it? Last week it was down to 2.56 but shot back up

It was $2.56/gallon here yesterday. I saw it went up to $2.73/gallon today.

What state Harv?

Minnesota

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Die Hard" was on the tube last night and in one scene you can see the cop Al gassin' up and looking at gunfire at the Nakatomi Bldg. Gas was $.74/gallon. That was 1988, the year I graduated college. Also, when I was a kid, soda pop from the machine was .$25, and came in bottles. How's about that you whipper snappers!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Here in NY, we finally have a few stations around that JUST went under $3.00 / gallon. 'Course Mobil is still about $0.15 higher!
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzin
    Cheap, where in the hell do you get gas and how much is it? Last week it was down to 2.56 but shot back up
    Well, regular unleaded here is $2.89, it actually just came down a few cents. But I have to put premium in mine, which is $3.05/gal.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    "Die Hard" was on the tube last night and in one scene you can see the cop Al gassin' up and looking at gunfire at the Nakatomi Bldg. Gas was $.74/gallon. That was 1988, the year I graduated college. Also, when I was a kid, soda pop from the machine was .$25, and came in bottles. How's about that you whipper snappers!
    OMG, ya know 1988 was not THAT long ago, either!!

About a month ago, I was cleaning out a closet at home, in which were my HS yearbooks in a box. So, of course I start reading through them. The Gulf War was during my senior year of HS and gas was so "expensive" then. I was reading this part of the yearbook where we write in comments about what things cost currently, etc. Gas in 1991 was "expensive" due to the Gulf War at $1.68/gal

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzin
    Well I currently own a 2005 Ford F-150 Smoke grey.... Besides the point it is a ford so that dont matter to me unfortunaltly
    mazzin, you drive a truck, from the south, i bet you like nascar too??? if so stop in the race thread. if not, stop in anyhow and we'll get you hooked.

do you have a gun rack in that truck?? at 14mpg i'm going to guess is is a long box, 4x4? probably a quad cab?

i think your custom ranking should be "southern rat"

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    When I started driving in 1995, Gas was almost 1.15 a gallon.

Why, in MY day.........we had to pee in our tanks and hoped we drank enough booze to make the cars run...and we LIKED IT!!
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

.::.

I haven't been able to buy 87 octane gasoline for less than $3.10 in 2 months
    To much of a good thing is an awesome thing