http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/43532

Paolantonio defends Favre remarks
Posted: Monday March 17, 2008 06:51AM ET
ESPN reporter Sal Paolantonio has received a record number of e-mails in response to his controversial column about retired quarterback Brett Favre, with the majority coming from angry Packers fans. In response to a column by Press-Gazette sports editor Mike Vandermause that appeared online and in print today, Paolantonio sent this letter to the editor via e-mail: "Thank you for Mike Vandermause's smackdown of my espn.com column on Brett Favre. But I take issue with one major point: I was not trying to criticize Brett Favre, only offer some healthy perspective, provide an alternative take. Favre, as I pointed out, is a bonafide first ballot Hall of Famer. But I just wanted to hit the pause button on the over-the-top deification of No. 4. In my view, he is not even the greatest Packers quarterback of all time. That would be Bart Starr. Bart Starr has always been treated like Ringo Starr -- underappreciated and, these days, overlooked. I was trying to provide some historical context that my brethren in the media often ignores. By the way, I do use a hairblower, but I never bring it to the press box with me."

Ringo Starr as a comparision to how Bart Starr was treated..........???
Yea.........'Peaches 'n Cream' was a brilliant, Beatles-caliber song.
Aside from their names being spelled the same......please......
Paolantonio appears to be a bit of a jerk.......JMO