Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OT: Barry Bonds Passes Ruth With Home Run # 715

OT: Barry Bonds Passes Ruth With Home Run # 715

His accomplishments make him the greatest player who ever played the game. He cannot get the respect that the guys before him got. The way he did it was just not pure. Aaron, Ruth and Mayes where 1, 2 and 3 as the greatest baseball players ever. Barry is somewhere right behind IMO. I can't ignore the way he did it.

Even without steroids, I think he is the second greatest athlete of our time. 1. MJ, 2. Barry

Everyone else is way back right now.

*yawn*
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

Quote Originally Posted by cyberski
    *yawn*
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

shouldn't this be moved to the NBA area?

Packer fans arn't a very cultured group of sports fans huh......

I'm sittin watching the Suns/Mavs game right now...I'm rooting for the Suns. You guys should try watching other sports than just football. It's acctually pretty enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCollins
    Packer fans arn't a very cultured group of sports fans huh......

I'm sittin watching the Suns/Mavs game right now...I'm rooting for the Suns. You guys should try watching other sports than just football. It's acctually pretty enjoyable.

I watch MANY sports...but baseball is a totally messed up sport without a cap. AND the guy the thread is about cheats....so the hell with it.

I get it...If ya don't like it, don't read it.

I get it...If ya don't like it, don't read it.

If I didn't read it I wouldn't have known what was being said Nick. I'd rather read about Bobby Bonds actually....now there was a great player.

I don't think Barry's legacy is as honored as at least 5 or 10 others but if you ignore the 'roids, he was the greatest baseball player ever to play the game.

I'm a b-ball fan... How bout Pete Rose?? He got caught fair and square..Right?? I this day and age.... Bonds is what he is... I'll let the stat guys sort it all out

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hate this thread. Barry is a fallen hero to me. Forever tarnished by what he did. He didn't need to do it, he was already a HOFer. Why Barry ? Why? NC I dont want to move this one I want to delete it. His records dont count.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    I hate this thread. Barry is a fallen hero to me. Forever tarnished by what he did. He didn't need to do it, he was already a HOFer. Why Barry ? Why? NC I dont want to move this one I want to delete it. His records dont count.

Yup.

Hank Aaron, now there was a man.

You guys should try watching other sports than just football. It's acctually pretty enjoyable.
    Actually, football isn't even my favorite sport.

Quote Originally Posted by shamrockfan
    You guys should try watching other sports than just football. It's acctually pretty enjoyable.
    Actually, football isn't even my favorite sport.

Okay, I'll ask the obvious question...what is your favorite sport Sham?

I'd guess Shamler is a.........hockey fan..

I'd guess Shamler is a.........hockey fan..
    Nope, he likes Volleyball.

Agree with Mad 100%.

All his records should be tossed.

was also hoping a non Giants fan would have caught that ball, too, which was the case with #714. Love it, the kid says "I hate Bonds"

I cannot believe the animosity t'ward the guy. McGuire was doing the same shit. Did you see his testimony. He never admitted anything but he would not answer questions to avoid admitting use.

Bonds is no different. I understand that he cheated and he doesn't deserve all of this but like Mad said; he was a HOFer before the 'roids. He didn't need to do that.

He doesn't deserve to be mentioned with Aaron, Mayes and Ruth, but I put him in that next group down. It's not like he's using cocaine or some shit like that. He used steroids. I know they have a really bad image, but 'roids are not that harmfull to the body. 107.5 had the Packers doctor on and he was saying 'roids where not nearly as damaging as any street drug. He was saying that they are very helpfull for somethings but need to be used in moderation.

It's too bad he tainted his career like this because he was already one of the greats before he did this. He was an amazing athlete even at 185 LBS. Just an amazing talent. It's too bad he's getting this pub because he worked so hard in his career. Poeple can just be forgiveless. I don't ignore it, but I try to see the good with the bad.

Barry Bonds story has grown old.

I would LOVE to watch the Suns-Mavs series, but I don't get TNT.

Damn, I'm watching the Miami Heat series cause it's on ESPN, which I do get. But I hate watching Shaq wave is big butt around and push the skinny guys out of the way. Shit. That Suns-Mavs series looks like GREAT basketball.

I was going to mention that also about McGwire.

Nick, the sad thing is, had be been using Cocaine, people would be more forgiving than his use of the juice. Performance enhancing drugs of any kind are illegal in the game, it just doesn't matter. Anything that gives one an unfair advantage, people are quick to turn a shoulder on. How long did George Brett have to live with the pine tar incident? That wasn't an illegal drug of any kind, but it didn't matter to the fans.

That is why I can never put Bonds in the same company as Ruth, Aaron, etc.