31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes *It would accomodate some cool new posters and I don't have to read*

5 16.13%
  • No

26 83.87%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Proposition OT II

Proposition OT II

I would like to request a 2-3 OT thread limit on the front page.

1. I believe that a slighly OT allowance is more of a direct representation of the posters and the interests of everyone involved

2. I believe it attracts some of the unique and sometimes insightfull posters that we have lost by coming here.

There are 30 threads. 3/30 = 1/10. Would we beable to give it a shot guys. I know the point of coming here was to stop the invasion of wackyness, but I don't think this is going to hurt.

? HOFer
    I vote no. That's what the romper room is for.

Instead of setting a bookmark straight to the Packer forum, you could set one to the forum selection page and see whenever there is a new post in both the romper room and the packer forum.

That is the best way to do it. You get the best of both worlds.

Here's a direct link.
    http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewforum.php?f=10

People are really attached to this organization. What is this concept....I say live and let live......No need for strict guidelines. Only protection.

I vote 'no' because how do you decide who's OT threads are allowed? Can't you see it now?

Whaaa, I wanted my OT thread on the main page but it got bumped, and his is there. It isn't fair!!!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

? HOFer
    The main page is www.packerrats.com, NOT the forum. The forums are set up to make it easy for those viewing. If you don't like the organization Nick, simply go to the forum selection page rather than the packer forum when you pop-in. You can see both pages, then.

Which ever ones survive, you let live....Most will just die out of lack of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    The main page is www.packerrats.com, NOT the forum. The forums are set up to make it easy for those viewing. If you don't like the organization Nick, simply go to the forum selection page rather than the packer forum when you pop-in. You can see both pages, then.
    I understand this. I think we lost a lot of posters who like OT stuff. In concept the RR is great. In practice, it only accomodates a few. It's like Donell Washinton. He's strong and big, but in practice he's a dud. You know what I mean...It seems all good, but I think how things seem and how they are can be different things.

In this case, I think we're losing or politcal buddys. I miss some of the old topics and they die as soon as they see the RR. The RR has turned inot the AP. It's a bunch of light hearted movies, games ect.......It's not the spirited debate we used to get. I know it doesn't bother most, but it bothers me. I wish we could just have some OT threads back up front. FYI and whatever else sufaces over time.

Nick,

Turn your attention to some more worthy cause like solving global warming, finding a cure for genital herpes, or keeping the mexicans down.

The forums are named what they are named for a reason. When I am new to a forum the VERY FIRST THING I DO is I go to the main page (Forum Index Page), and I make absolutely sure that I understand what stuff gets posted into what forum so I, as a newbie do not catch hell from the other members for posting in the wrong area. It's not rocket science.
    This board is setup no different than thousands of others all over the net. They have your main forums, and you have one "off-topic" type forum. Why would you feel the need to allow "X" amount into the other forums? And what is "X"? And who says what is "X" And who deletes "X" when "X" doesn't fall into what "X" should be? And what if there happens to be one to many "X" topics one the main page? what "X" topic gets deleted? The most important "X"? Or the most replied to "X" topic? Or the oldest "X" topic?
    I think you get my point......

The forums speak for themselves. The Green Bay Packer forum for "Green and Gold" talk, The romper room for "Off topic", the Milwaukee Bucks forum for "Hoop it up", the Milwaukee Brewers forum for "Step up to the plate", and finally the Wisconsin Badgers forum for "take everyone to school" talk. No need to start screwing things up by allowing other talk into other forums......I mean if you do that, why then not allow the Packer forum to become a Queens forum too as long as there are only "X" amount of posts per day......
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Nick,

Turn your attention to some more worthy cause like solving global warming, finding a cure for genital herpes, or keeping the mexicans down.
    Yeah...Mexicans really piss me off. Maybe I should find a hobby or hate crime to commit.

Fuck you all. You bunch of organized, rule following, structure oriented mother fuckin fuckers. FUCK YOU.

I agree with the consensus so far. I LIKE having the categories well-defined. There are days when all I want to do is check anything new relating to football, and this allows me to do it quickly. But then again I do like an organized life. A place for everything, and everything in its place!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    i vote yes because my ted is trapped in the closet epic/lyrics should be there and not here.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Tank, I do believe that Chapter 10 stayed on the front page.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    uhhh didn't we already have this discussion?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GBMichele
    Tank, I do believe that Chapter 10 stayed on the front page.
    Yeah, but that was just 1 thread out of many that mad kept there. Mad is turning this forum into a communist state.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCollins
    Fuck you all. You bunch of organized, rule following, structure oriented mother fuckin fuckers. FUCK YOU.
    Fvck...Perhaps the most underused word in the English language
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickCollins
    You show your true colors again.

You had a poll before and you lost badly.

You have no right to tell PR posters to leave so that part was removed. But it doesnt matter, this poll doesnt count, the first one did.

BTW - Before you start your censorship talk read what I quoted from your post above. Sure looks uncensored to me.

That was really fucking funny cyberuski....

FUCK

Your not a real mexican mad...

You woudlnt' have changed my poll if you where.

You are a white christian. I know it. YOu want me to be just like you.