Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WR options

CutlerquitRat HOFer

WR options

do we have any?

Is there any guys that are going to be cut on June 1st?

Any interest in trading a 4th or 5th rounder for someone like charles rogers?

any interest in signing freddie mitchell to a vet minimum contract with incentives if he works great if not cut his arse.

any thoughts?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Hell no to Freddie Mitchell. He stinks. I'd rather have Boerigter. There aren't many options--other than drafting somebody. The WR corps will be solid IF Javon makes a healthy return. Big IF, but I'm afraid there aren't many options. I think we go into the season with Driver, Gardner, Ferguson, Boerigter, and a rookie who won't be ready in year one.

If Gardner can come out and play 1/2 as good as he was supposed to coming out of the 1st round - the line up of Driver-Gardner-Boerictor-Ferguson - would be impressive

I wouldn't say impressive, but we might not be as bad off as we think. That's a big if. Plus, Ferguson and Boerigter are injury prone. It would really help if Javon came back. We'd be pretty mint. Heck, if Murphy could come back also, we'd be good and deep.

? HOFer
    I'm oddly enough not too worried. They're going to use a lot of 3 tight end sets I predict.

should be some interesting Training Camp battles....

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    David Boston, Why hasnt he been brought in? injury concerns for sure cant stay healthy. But big bodied guy who needs a team and we have a WR corp that isnt set. He is a vet that if he can beat out guys would be valuable if healthy. Worth a vet minimum one year contract that TT loves. If he doesnt work out cut his arse.

Kevin Curtis is also a guy that was good on my fantasy team not a big guy so prolly not a fit here in MMs plan.

Dez white is also a big body that MM likes.

Willie Ponder – The league’s defending kickoff return champ, Ponder wasn’t able to defend his title as he was shelved for five games because Tom Coughlin was unhappy with his indecision and ball security on a few kickoff returns. He still averaged a team-best 25.9 yards, though, so Ponder obviously knows a little bit about what he’s doing.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

This is the area that worries me most. Especially the NFL Europe calibur players that will be our starting WR's if we get bitten by the injury bug

I'm not counting on Walker being in a Packer uniform this season.

Speaking of Europe, we do have two new WR's that are evidently doing a pretty good job over there.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Speaking of Europe, we do have two new WR's that are evidently doing a pretty good job over there.
    I beleive that TT is darn good at digging up talent.

? HOFer
    The receivers will look infinitely better with a running game. That, paired with the fact they're going to use all 3 tight ends. It is also comforting to know that martin and lee are both former wide receivers converted to tight end.

I don't think will be the best group in the league if Walker doesn't play, but I think they'll be competitive and not at all a problem if they stay healthy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    The receivers will look infinitely better with a running game. That, paired with the fact they're going to use all 3 tight ends. It is also comforting to know that martin and lee are both former wide receivers converted to tight end.

I don't think will be the best group in the league if Walker doesn't play, but I think they'll be competitive and not at all a problem if they stay healthy.
    EVERYONE will look better with remotely qualified starters at C and OG.........hint hint.....TT.....please find go find us at least two of the three and let the rest of the yahoos on the roster fight it out for the last spot.

David Boston got busted for steroids a couple of years ago (probably why he was always injured), and hasn't been anywhere near as good as he was his first year or two. I'm on Ohio State guy, but we don't want him.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    so how about Ponder since we lost chatman?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

EVERYONE will look better with remotely qualified starters at C and OG.........hint hint.....TT.....please find go find us at least two of the three and let the rest of the yahoos on the roster fight it out for the last spot.
    I'm not so sure those starters aren't currently on the roster. I thought those rooies did pretty good towards the end of the season. With another training camp under their belt with a simplier system, they might be players.
    "For a fan base that so gratefully took to success, it bothers me how easily some fans are resigned to failure."

No Mo Moss 9.14.06

Don't forget the possibility of drafting VDavis.. Fast TE that can stretch the field and become an important weapon... ie Shockey / Gonzalez
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!

I'm afraid JWalk won't be back - simply because TT won't pay him the dough he's looking for, period. In that case we're left with Donald Driver and a whole lot of Billy Schroeders. As for Chaz Rogers, I'd say pass. He's shown no sense of understanding what it takes to be an NFL player, unless you count modeling your behavior on Cletidus Hunt understanding what an NFL player does...

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    I'm afraid JWalk won't be back - simply because TT won't pay him the dough he's looking for, period. In that case we're left with Donald Driver and a whole lot of Billy Schroeders. As for Chaz Rogers, I'd say pass. He's shown no sense of understanding what it takes to be an NFL player, unless you count modeling your behavior on Cletidus Hunt understanding what an NFL player does...
    I'd agree with this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by No Mo Moss
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

I'm not so sure those starters aren't currently on the roster. I thought those rooies did pretty good towards the end of the season. With another training camp under their belt with a simplier system, they might be players.
    This logic would be a huge mistake. Last year the treat of the practice squad many were hyping was Atlas Herrion; this year it is Chris White and Coston. Those guys are bonuses, but it's foolish to rely on them. We have the money; go sing two and let the rest fight each other.

Just thought you might like to know this...

Packers | Lucas scores another TD in NFL Europe action
    Sun, 16 Apr 2006 06:33:43 -0700

The Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers WR Chad Lucas caught a 22-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter for the Amsterdam Admirals, and finished with three catches for 60 yards in his NFL Europe game Saturday, April 15. The Admirals beat the Rhein Fire 35-31. Last week, he had a league-record four TD receptions.

I was looking for an NFLE thread to put this in and couldn't find it.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings