Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Deputy Nutz - Jeremiah Wright connection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Deputy Nutz - Jeremiah Wright connection

According to CNN exit polls from Indiana and North Carolina, Sen. Hillary Clinton has an early advantage in both states.

http://www.gaywired.com/article.cfm?id=18925&section=67

If Clinton should pull an upset in both states, I hope Barack Obama does what's best for the Democratic Party and drops out.

You want to disenfranchise the voters in the states that haven't had their primaries yet? I'm very disappointed in you.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Wow! Gaywired.com is your website of choice, Harlan? I never would have guessed.

BTW, do you consider yourself a "blue dog" Democrat?

is that like a log cabin republican?

Actually no. The post above was two disconnected thoughts.

The "blue dog" Democrats were the ones who sided with Reagan in the 80s.

ya, I know bout blue dogs.

Indiana 3% of votes in: Clinton 61%, Obama 39%

But that's probably because the Indiana cracker vote lives in that crazy early time zone. Obama's commies live near Chicago.

When do the votes from the white wine-sipping elitists come in?

I find myself in the strange situation of rooting for Hillary tonight too--mainly to drag on the race--you know, Rush's Operation Chaos.

I'm betting she wins by 8 or 10% in Indiana and loses by 2-4% in North Carolina.

hell no obama should not quit if he loses tonight.

i think he can lose both contest 100% to nothing and he'd still be winning overall

should hilary quit if she doesn't make a sizable dent in obama's lead? like 50 points

Quote Originally Posted by red
    I was just yanking your chain. Mission accomplished. :P

Obama is favorite for nomination regardless of what happens tonight.

Hillary is up by 16 pts with 11% of votes in Indiana!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I was just yanking your chain. Mission accomplished. :P

Obama is favorite for nomination regardless of what happens tonight.

Hillary is up by 16 pts with 11% of votes in Indiana!
    have the big obama ares even started to report in yet? i have cnn on, but i'm not paying attention to details

like gary, indy, bloomington, and west lafeyette

it was interesting to see the exit pols that showed that most people fekt clinton was playing dirty, but they appear to still be voting for her. guess people really don't care if their politicians are snakes

and i don't like that thought of some dude yanking my chain. now if its a lady rat doing the yanking, i wouldn't mind, but not a dude

CNN just flashed on the screen that 45% of Clinton supporters say they would vote for Obama, while 70% of Obama supporters say they would vote for Clinton.

Very interesting. If true, maybe I should be rooting for Obama--actually, I think I am in the long term, for the Dem nomination--but I'm for Hillary tonight.

alright, the big obama counties aren't in at all yet. obama could swing this

obama just won NC

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    CNN just flashed on the screen that 45% of Clinton supporters say they would vote for Obama, while 70% of Obama supporters say they would vote for Clinton.

Very interesting. If true, maybe I should be rooting for Obama--actually, I think I am in the long term, for the Dem nomination--but I'm for Hillary tonight.
    see and i fall into the opposite. if obama doesn't win i'll either not be voting or voting for mccain

i do not want hillary in office, i don't trust her at all. and i think she'll say or do anything to get votes

i fully expect to turn on the TV one morning and see hillary standing on top of a myan temple with a knife in one hand and her daughters still beating heart in her other hand. then kicks the kid down the step and raises the heart up the the vote gods

NBC is calling NC for Obama.

by my count, if the numbers stay the way they are now with clinton winning indianna 55-45 and obama winning nc 65-35

obama still wins the night and adds around 20 delegates to his total lead

cnn just showed that if obama wins nc 55-45 and clinton win indy and all the remaining states 55-45 there is no way she can come close to catching obama

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker

see and i fall into the opposite. if obama doesn't win i'll either not be voting or voting for mccain

i do not want hillary in office, i don't trust her at all. and i think she'll say or do anything to get votes

i fully expect to turn on the TV one morning and see hillary standing on top of a myan temple with a knife in one hand and her daughters still beating heart in her other hand. then kicks the kid down the step and raises the heart up the the vote gods
    I don't trust any of the big three really. I'll take Obama over Hillary or Mac though. I"d like Mac to give me a reason to vote for him but he just won't do it....and I shudder when I think of him licking the boots of Dubya when he really should have cut his heart out. I want to see a serious shake up and Hussein is the only one of the big three showing any signs of doing that.
    C.H.U.D.

I just saw a map of the states Obama has won this primary season.

He won ALL of the states in the South. With 90+% of African American vote, these states are a lock for him.
    And he won a bunch of Western/Mountain States.

These are all red states where the Dems have slim to no chance of collecting electoral votes in general election.

The only important states (competive) that Obama carried are Wisconsin and Missouri, and he just barely carried Missouri.

It might just be a Democratic year because of the unpopularity of the Bush years, so perhaps Obama will win presidency. But Obama looks very vulnerable.

A lot has changed since 2004 Harlan. Dems are stronger in the Mountain states than they were 4 years ago. Obama could also win Virginia. It's a different map than in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    A lot has changed since 2004 Harlan. Dems are stronger in the Mountain states than they were 4 years ago. Obama could also win Virginia. It's a different map than in 2004.

not that different. he could steal Virgina & NC, but so what if he loses ohio. he's not going to win any mountain states, those caucuses mean squat.

I think obama is a lousy presidential candidate; which is not to say he will make a lousy president. I heard on NPR this week that he lost the white vote in 27 out of 30 primaries! (can't tell you why they only had data for 30 contests) Obama is PERFECTLY suited for a Democratic primary contest, but wrong for a general election. if the field weren't tilted so strongly to the Dems, he would be toast.