10 41.67%
  • Yes, he will return for 1-3 seasons

9 37.50%
  • No, Brett will retire

5 20.83%
  • Undecided

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Final Countdown....will Brett return???

The Final Countdown....will Brett return???

The Final Countdown....will Brett return??? Vote and discuss....

I think he'll be back but with the annual production this has become, I don't see him committing anything beyond this year. At least I hope he gives them an indication so we don't have to do this next year too.

My gut says he will be back...... anyone taking this long to decide must not want to hang it up. Beyond this year.... who knows.

I just hope he comes back near "football" shape.

Maybe he should have been using a push mower.

That was actually pretty funny!

Not only do I want him back, I'd also like a plausible explanation for why he took so long to make up his damned mind.

this team is looking pretty ragged. I think Favre is faced with two bad choices: go through another losing season, retire. ( I haven't given up on the pack fielding a winning team, but from where we are sitting right now, they are back of line in NFC North.)

It is only 50-50 that Favre will return.

I don't know man. Detroit did lose Harrington after all.

She's right. Winky doesn't wink!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He is coming back and I hope TT announces it in the beginning of the 2nd round of the draft after he uses the 2nd #2 he got when he trade down the #1 and still got Super Hawk. That will really piss everyone hating off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    He is coming back and I hope TT announces it in the beginning of the 2nd round of the draft after he uses the 2nd #2 he got when he trade down the #1 and still got Super Hawk. That will really piss everyone hating off.
    Trade down a couple spots and get Hawk ? I'd absolutely love that.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Trade down a couple spots and get Hawk ? I'd absolutely love that.
    Since SM will be gone this would be the ideal situation for TT. The Niners are probably the only reason Super Hawk could be gone right? Maybe I kidnap Alex Smith and they will draft a QB instead?

You don't have to kidnap him. A simple broken leg would do the trick.

From Ben Maller rumors:

Packers coach Mike McCarthy seemed pretty confident that the Brett Favre situation would be settled soon. The Packers want Favre to make a decision by Saturday and it's widely thought - both inside and outside the organization - that if he were going to retire he would have done it by now, and that it is more likely that he will return. McCarthy said he expected to know something soon. "I hope I'm not answering this question much longer," he said.

Also in an article from jso, TT admitted that last year he knew Favre's decision awhile before it was announced publicly at the request of Favre. Then he added that he does NOT know the answer yet this year.

Hawk will not be a Packer

Vernon Davis = Favre plays.

Vernon Davis = Bigger, Faster, Stronger T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    From Ben Maller rumors:

The Packers want Favre to make a decision by Saturday ..............

It's Saturday. This is getting old. I never thought Brett would piss me off.

But there have been reports all week that there was no such deadline.

our local paper interviewed several people from the area and many are getting tired of this. I agree to a point as I think the Packers should require a decision prior to the draft. Losing Nall really changed the sense of urgency on this IMO. No Nall and if favre doesn't return, you know we'll grab a QB with the 1st round pick. Hell, TT might choose a QB even if Favre does say he's coming back, so who the hell knows.

I remain optimistic that he will return, because if he truly didn't want to come back, he would have said so already.

ESPN reported today that the deadline has been pushed to 4/15. So, there will be a few more weeks to debate this issue.