Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This might cheer some of us up a little bit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar

This might cheer some of us up a little bit

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8yDNW_8nefQ

I forgot how impressive Rodgers really was in that Dallas game and I think he looked great watching that highlight film. Obviously it isn't going to show the bad plays but I would really like to rewatch that game now and see just how well he did.

thanks, i needed that....he's kinda quick too.

but, yo, our WR's are BEASTS; with the yac's they produce arod should fare well in the pack system

lol, why did they show lord favre lookn so disgusted on the sideline towards the beginning though? LOL that look he has when he's screwing up bigtime
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

"I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=E_c8F680VT4

I found this amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh4ITYHc4&feature=related

Some preseason footage here also.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP

but, yo, our WR's are BEASTS; with the yac's they produce arod should fare well in the pack system
    I agree. You have to like all the skill players on the offense. It's a tremendously deep group, at WR, RB, and even TE. Possible weak links at guard and danger with aging tackles, but WOW, Rodgers may only need to be reasonably good to manage what should be an explosive offense.

Re: This might cheer some of us up a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=8yDNW_8nefQ

I forgot how impressive Rodgers really was in that Dallas game and I think he looked great watching that highlight film. Obviously it isn't going to show the bad plays but I would really like to rewatch that game now and see just how well he did.
    I like how Collinsworth opens by saying "the Packers arent going to win much with Rodgers at QB" then at the end "looks like the Packers have a legitimate shot at winning in the playoffs with Rodgers". Is NFLN getting a new team this year?

Also, Greg Jennings is a stud. That move he puts on after his first catch is sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=E_c8F680VT4

I found this amusing.
    Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
    Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    I agree. You have to like all the skill players on the offense. It's a tremendously deep group, at WR, RB, and even TE. Possible weak links at guard and danger with aging tackles, but WOW, Rodgers may only need to be reasonably good to manage what should be an explosive offense.
    But that's the whole reason why I just don't understand why the Packers want to push Favre out the door.

I KNOW Favre would be at least reasonably good. He was great last season, and there is no reason to believe he is going to suddenly fall off. His arm strength would still be there IMO...his knowledge would still be there...those are the two aspects he needs with this amount of talent around him.

We HOPE Rodgers will, we THINK Rodgers will...we don't KNOW it. If Rodgers doesn't shine, Thompson is wasting a great opportunity to make a title run with all of the needed offensive pieces in place...and having two capable QBs there in case of injury. Sure, Rodgers may be better for it 2-3 years from now...but who know where the team will be then? Clifton, Tauscher, Driver, Harris, Pickett, Kampman and Woodson all could have diminished skills by then...and you've missed your window to aim for a title.

That is really what is puzzling to me. I understand moving on with Rodgers...it has to happen at some point. Why you would do it when your team has shown consistent improvement the previous two years and were on the doorstep of the Super Bowl is what puzzles me.
    My signature has NUDITY in it...whatcha gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by The Leaper
    But that's the whole reason why I just don't understand why the Packers want to push Favre out the door.

That is really what is puzzling to me. I understand moving on with Rodgers...it has to happen at some point. Why you would do it when your team has shown consistent improvement the previous two years and were on the doorstep of the Super Bowl is what puzzles me.
    It puzzles me more why Favre would consider retiring with the offense in place. The team moved on because 1) they thought he really retired and 2) he jerked them around waffling over coming back.

It puzzles me more why Favre would consider retiring with the offense in place. The team moved on because 1) they thought he really retired and 2) he jerked them around waffling over coming back.
    I agree with that as well...although until you've gone through 250 consecutive NFL starts, I'm not sure you can adequately assess how easy a decision that is.
    My signature has NUDITY in it...whatcha gonna do?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    This always makes me feel better:

All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

How much more incentive does Brett need? Not like Garcia is a threat, he doesnt swing that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I agree with that as well...although until you've gone through 250 consecutive NFL starts, I'm not sure you can adequately assess how easy a decision that is.
    If you're arguing that Favre would have a lot of ambivalence about retiring, because he had played so long (and was playing so well), I couldn't agree more. All the more reason, I should think, to err on the side of coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig
    This always makes me feel better:

[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/abomb8604/Rachel_Watson.jp
    g[/img]
    She would look so much more attractive in a green and gold outfit!

I think fans all wonder that. It's not something I intend to argue about, because I don't have any personal knowledge about it, but from what I can piece together it stems from the following:

1. There is an ongoing story that some on the coaching staff thought he completely failed to show leadership in the Giants game. A trip to the Super Bowl was on the line, and some felt Favre no longer had the passion to win that game at all costs. Some thought he was simply going through the motions in the second half, waiting for the game to get over. I have read and heard that some were lobbying for TT to encourage Favre to retire because of it.

2. Favre has had a lot of poor playoff performances, and some have no confidence that in a big playoff game he won't succumb to his playground tendencies and make critical errors that are hard to overcome. They aren't confident that he will string 3 or 4 games together without a bad one in a playoff run.

3. He has lost more off his "fastball" than has been let on, and since he has always been one to try to zip passes into tight coverage, he will have problems. They were able to control him last year, so he threw fewer high risk passes, but Favre was not happy doing it, and they were not confident they could control him again.

4. I heard from what I believe was a credible source that MM was absolutely fed up with Favre after his flip-flopping in late March/April; and he refused to waste more time on dealing with Favre. That's why he sent Campen down to talk to Favre.

5. They really do have the utmost confidence in Rodgers, and while he may not make the great plays Favre has in the past, he will make very few dumb mistakes. He has bought in completely to what MM wants to do in the passing game, and Favre really didn't.

Again, these are not my views, just some things I have pieced together over the last few weeks that may indicate why the Packers are doing what they are. If you read between the lines, I think it might have been as much or more that the coaching staff thought the Favre days should end than that TT did. TT is taking the heat, but the coaches were ready to go with Rodgers over Favre.

Re: This might cheer some of us up a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    I like how Collinsworth opens by saying "the Packers arent going to win much with Rodgers at QB" then at the end "looks like the Packers have a legitimate shot at winning in the playoffs with Rodgers".
    I remember Boomer Esiason in the DEN/GB preseason game in Madison in 99 saying "You know....Donald Driver...(laugh) hes not gonna make this team, but you still have to make that catch"

its all being ruined by pride.....TT got mad b/c of the waffling and Lord got mad b/c his but wasnt kissed yet again

i was sick when i realized brett was walkn away from all that talent/opportunity that fool sherman didnt afford him and even sicker when tt, et. al didnt welcome him back with open arms b/c of said oppotunity.

brett PROB shoulda come back with hat in hand apologizn for the waffln. but since tt is spose to be smart and understand the BIG PICTURE, he shoulda realized that that would be hard for the modern ego maniacal athlete and just given him another chance for the sake of Packer nation (FORGET PERSONAL AGENDAS TT)
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

If you're arguing that Favre would have a lot of ambivalence about retiring, because he had played so long (and was playing so well), I couldn't agree more. All the more reason, I should think, to err on the side of coming back.
    It was an irrational decision to retire brought on by the fact that the guy ain't real bright plus the fact that media assholes messed with his mind with all their idiotic and incessant questioning.

Then, it was an almost equally irrational decision on his part to un-retire--brought on by the same things.

He know is being bombarded with pressure from a bunch of directions. I doubt Favre really feels really strongly one way or the other. Since Thompson's position and pressure seems to be the strongest, I think he will just fade back into retirement.