Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thompson should put his money where his mouth is.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thompson should put his money where his mouth is.

If Brett Favre is not good enough to at the very least compete for the starting position that he has held for the last 16 FUCKING YEARS, then why not release him or work a trade with the Vikings if that is where Favre wants to go?

If Thompson is so damned sure of Aaron Rogers ability to be the starter, and the Packers organization as a whole, does not want Favre to even show up in GB, why not release Favre or trade him to the Vikings?

If Favre is such a fucking Diva, and so unwanted anymore by the so-called fans in GB, then why not just let him go anywhere?

If not for Brady having Moss (another Thompson fuck up), Favre would have easily have won the MVP last season for leading the NFL's youngest team to the championship game. The man has given his blood, sweat, and tears to the Packers and the fans, playing through sprains and broken bones. Does anyone else here feel like Favre is being treated in a way that is unforgiveable??????????????

Thompson knows damned well that Favre has what it takes to lead the Packers and/or the Vikings to victory, and is simply afraid of how he himself is going to look if/when the player that he wants to paint as being washed up, kicks his ass.

At this point, I would pay to watch a Brett Favre led Vikings team kick the shit out of an Aaron Rogers led Thompson team.

I think putting his money where his mouth is would entail giving Aaron Rodgers a nice contract extension.

EDIT: Whoops can't read dates!

Is Grant stilll shouting 'SHOW ME THE MONEY!'?

Re: Thompson should put his money where his mouth is.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBlues
    If Brett Favre is not good enough to at the very least compete for the starting position that he has held for the last 16 FUCKING YEARS, then why not release him or work a trade with the Vikings if that is where Favre wants to go?

If Thompson is so damned sure of Aaron Rogers ability to be the starter, and the Packers organization as a whole, does not want Favre to even show up in GB, why not release Favre or trade him to the Vikings?

If Favre is such a fucking Diva, and so unwanted anymore by the so-called fans in GB, then why not just let him go anywhere?

If not for Brady having Moss (another Thompson fuck up), Favre would have easily have won the MVP last season for leading the NFL's youngest team to the championship game. The man has given his blood, sweat, and tears to the Packers and the fans, playing through sprains and broken bones. Does anyone else here feel like Favre is being treated in a way that is unforgiveable??????????????

Thompson knows damned well that Favre has what it takes to lead the Packers and/or the Vikings to victory, and is simply afraid of how he himself is going to look if/when the player that he wants to paint as being washed up, kicks his ass.

At this point, I would pay to watch a Brett Favre led Vikings team kick the shit out of an Aaron Rogers led Thompson team.

If you want to be a fan of a player rather than an organization, go ahead.

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/forum/

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar

Thompson knows damned well that Favre has what it takes to lead the Packers and/or the Vikings to victory
    Leading both the Packers and the Vikings to victory. What a man.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

When did anybody from management say they thought Brett Favre is washed up?

And when the hell did some packer fans become so infatuated with one player and hate one GM so badly that they'd even THINK about making a comment about wanting the queens to beat the packers??? Unbelievable.

If Brett Favre is not good enough to at the very least compete for the starting position that he has held for the last 16 FUCKING YEARS,
    Nobody has said this. End of discussion.

When do the Favres play their next game? Did you get season tickets yet?
    Go PACK

The man has given his blood, sweat, and tears to the Packers and the fans, playing through sprains and broken bones. Does anyone else here feel like Favre is being treated in a way that is unforgiveable??????????????
    You do realize that playing Quarterback in the NFL is a paid position right?

It would seem your unwavering loyalty is a one way street, as Brett has made it clear that he plays for himself, not for you or any of his other loyal fans of 16 FUCKING YEARS. Just saying, makes you look kind of like the ugly girl stood up at prom as a joke.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by Chevelle2

You're my new favorite person.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by ND72
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevelle2

You're my new favorite person.
    Hahah thanks....Ive read some of your posts too, they are pretty good (or at least I agree with them )

get a room

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    get a room

Love you too Harlan
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Senior Rat HOFer

Ok, this is the last time I am going to comment on this, I promise.

Under NO circumstances, for ANY reason, EVER, would you willingly make an archrival better. It does not matter if Favre would or would not make this team better. He would DEFINITELY make the Vikings better. There is absoulutely no reason at all to let him go to the Vikings. As the GM of the Packers, you do not make the Vikings better. Ever. For any reason. You let your future HOF QB sit on the bench for 13 million dollars before you let him play for an archrival, REGARDLESS of the situation. It does not matter whether Rodgers is ready or not, or if he'll be as good as Favre or not, or if Favre is too old or not. It's not about what would make Favre happy. It's about what is best for the Packers. Making an archrival better is not good for the Packers, and that statement would hold up to any circumstance you could put out there. Putting Favre on the Vikings is far worse to Green Bay than putting Favre on the bench. Especially with the cap space we have to play with. Under no circumstances should TT ever allow Favre to suit up for the Vikings. Absolutely no circumstances at all. Because it's not about the Vikings being better than the Packers or vice versa. It's about the Vikings being better tomorrow than the Vikings are today, and a GREEN BAY General Manager would be to blame. That is unacceptable.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor

Ok, this is the last time I am going to comment on this, I promise.

Under NO circumstances, for ANY reason, EVER, would you willingly make an archrival better. It does not matter if Favre would or would not make this team better. He would DEFINITELY make the Vikings better. There is absoulutely no reason at all to let him go to the Vikings. As the GM of the Packers, you do not make the Vikings better. Ever. For any reason. You let your future HOF QB sit on the bench for 13 million dollars before you let him play for an archrival, REGARDLESS of the situation. It does not matter whether Rodgers is ready or not, or if he'll be as good as Favre or not, or if Favre is too old or not. It's not about what would make Favre happy. It's about what is best for the Packers. Making an archrival better is not good for the Packers, and that statement would hold up to any circumstance you could put out there. Putting Favre on the Vikings is far worse to Green Bay than putting Favre on the bench. Especially with the cap space we have to play with. Under no circumstances should TT ever allow Favre to suit up for the Vikings. Absolutely no circumstances at all. Because it's not about the Vikings being better than the Packers or vice versa. It's about the Vikings being better tomorrow than the Vikings are today, and a GREEN BAY General Manager would be to blame. That is unacceptable.
    At least someone gets it
    Go PACK

The man has given his blood, sweat, and tears to the Packers and the fans, playing through sprains and broken bones.
    I suspect the same can be said for many, many players; including probably Aaron Rodgers (at least the blood, sweat and broken bones part. Not sure if he cried or not).

I have yet to see a single drop of blood, sweat or tears. Who's he giving it to?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Senior Rat HOFer

Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    The man has given his blood, sweat, and tears to the Packers and the fans, playing through sprains and broken bones.
    I suspect the same can be said for many, many players; including probably Aaron Rodgers (at least the blood, sweat and broken bones part. Not sure if he cried or not).

Very true. People seem to forget that he played almost the entire second half of that game a couple seasons ago on that broken foot that ended his season. That is when he earned the greatest respect from the other players in that locker room, and why it is easy for his teammates to support him now.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow