Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The flight to GB has been cancelled

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar

The flight to GB has been cancelled

Rich Eisen of the NFL Network just said so.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

He also said that apparently - if Favre is gonna go to GB, He'd hafta fill up his "monster truck" about 50 times and/or begin some offshore drilling to get him anough gas to get there,

lol
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

And do they know what the reason is for the cancellation?
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

This is why . . .

FAVRE WILL NOT BE REINSTATED TODAY
    Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2008, 6:29 p.m.

We don’t know whether Brett Favre is following through on his plans to fly from Hattiesburg to Green Bay this evening, but if he does, he won’t be able to report to training camp tomorrow morning.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has decided not to reinstate Favre today, instead waiting to see whether Favre and the Packers can come to some sort of agreement before he needs to rule on Favre’s petition for reinstatement.

But while it’s understandable that Goodell would hold out hope that an amicable resolution can be reached, it seems unlikely. The fundamental fact that Favre wants to play and the Packers don’t want him to is simply not going to change.

So even if Favre can’t report to camp tomorrow morning, unless the Packers agree to cut him or trade him, it’s only a matter of time before he does

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...nstated-today/
    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time" Max McGee

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    And do they know what the reason is for the cancellation?
    TT has deployed a large battery of Patriot missiles to defend against any rogue Favre travel plans.
    C.H.U.D.

That was all. They followed it up with a commercial.

I don't know how Goodell is getting away with delaying the reinstatement. I'm surprised the players union hasn't gotten involved yet. This is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by imscott72
    I don't know how Goodell is getting away with delaying the reinstatement. I'm surprised the players union hasn't gotten involved yet. This is stupid.
    The difference between him being reinstated and not reinstated is not so important. Favre will just be in GB, seperated from the team, doing individual work, until the impasse is ended. That could go on for some time. I don't think either party actually wants that, Goodell is probably providing cover for both sides.

I think Favre supporters think Favre is going to swoop into GB and earn his rightful place as starting QB. Ain't gonna happen, its clear that the Packers don't want him as their starting QB, they aren't gonna budge unless there is an injury to Rodgers. They don't want him on the team at all, the backup job is of no interest to Favre.

He doesn't "have" to reinstate him at all if he chooses not to, though that would be a media and fan hit like none other. He can take his sweet time if he wants, and if it's Favre that's being stubborn he might just be doing it to "coax him into being more cooperative."
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    He doesn't "have" to reinstate him at all if he chooses not to, though that would be a media and fan hit like none other. He can take his sweet time if he wants, and if it's Favre that's being stubborn he might just be doing it to "coax him into being more cooperative."
    I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell's view of the whole matter has evolved. It seemed like at first he was buying the media/Bretsky spin that the Packers were just sitting on Favre. Now that he's seen a little of Favre in action (refusing to talk to Jets or Tampa), he could be a little wiser.

I just heard "the unit" out of Milw say the flight was in the air, the tracker on the internet was taken down, but he thought the flight was up. No one knew if Brett was on it either way.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

He is under contract with the Green Bay Packers and wants to report to camp. What exactly is there to be stubborn about? Not agreeing to stay home? Not going to a team he has no interest in playing for?

He is under contract. I think his stupid Greta (Minneapolis Vikings) interview completely put people off, but in the end, the dude wants to report and play football.

GB should round up some fat highschool kids to work out with Favre until they release him to Minnesota. Give them each a big burrito before practice so Favre can show them how to $hit the bed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak

He is under contract with the Green Bay Packers and wants to report to camp. What exactly is there to be stubborn about? Not agreeing to stay home? Not going to a team he has no interest in playing for?

He is under contract. I think his stupid Greta (Minneapolis Vikings) interview completely put people off, but in the end, the dude wants to report and play football.
    exactly; this whole delay and analysis is really f'in stupid. Either reinstate him, or deny it if you choose to
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell's view of the whole matter has evolved. It seemed like at first he was buying the media/Bretsky spin that the Packers were just sitting on Favre. Now that he's seen a little of Favre in action (refusing to talk to Jets or Tampa), he could be a little wiser.
    It's almost comical that posters think they know everything that goes on behind the scenes. Packer Flaghip Milwaukee station was breaking this all down today and came out and said we probably only know the half of it and there are reasons on both sides not to air it all out publicly
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I also notice that you rip on the media spin yet then use it as your supporting arguments. Has the Favre Camp or TT/MM commented on the Jets/Tampa Bay ? I find no confirmation that he did or did not refuse anything. That was a media leak as well.

yeah, wat gives with the delay

and many posters assumed commish was favoring favre...
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Listening to ESPN Radio coming home I heard them say that the Jets have upped there offer and Bus & Brett were in negotiations.

WTF?? Has anyone else heard anything??

Just saw this on PFT: (sorry if someone else posted this...
    REPORT: PACKERS, JETS IN “SERIOUS TALKS”
    Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2008, 8:53 p.m.

The Green Bay Press-Gazette is reporting that the New York Jets are in serious talks with the Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre’s agent about a trade that would send Favre to the Big Apple.

In fact, there’s actually a headline right now on the Press-Gazette web site reading, “All But Over: Favre to Go to Jets (It’s Over: Favre traded to Jets)” although there’s no story under that headline, and it has the appearance of something that was mistakenly put up by an overzealous web producer. (UPDATE: That headline has now been removed.)

However, there’s no mistaking that the Press-Gazette is reporting that the Jets “have shown a growing interest” in Favre, and they now appear to be the favorites to land him.

Favre was reportedly planning to fly from Mississippi to Green Bay this evening, but he has apparently now canceled those plans.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

then Goodell probably shouldn't of opened his mouth and said if Favre applied for reinstatement he would grant it right away.

? HOFer
    According to JSO, he is still flying there per there update to the blog post. His plane is stalled for some reason?

I don't want to see him on the Jets. Their attempt to fortify their roster this season was pretty weak imo.