Thread: Baby Boom in Coastal Oregon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Baby Boom in Coastal Oregon

OB/gyn doctors and hospitals are bracing for a baby boom on the northwest coast of Oregon.

Last December, a huge storm with winds over 100 mph and heavy rains hit many small towns. They had no power for days and some towns were flooded.

If you watched the show "Axmen" on the History Channel, you saw how the four logging crews in the Vernonia area had their work halted by the storm.

Suddenly the townspeople had a lot of idle time on their hands. If you do the math, that is why the area will shortly be experiencing a baby boom!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm a little concerned about those logging crews during the blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    My Grandfather and his people were loggers in the UP and later in iron mines. I'm sure I'm a descended of the same sort of mischief.

Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Re: Baby Boom in Coastal Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by oregonpackfan
    OB/gyn doctors and hospitals are bracing for a baby boom on the northwest coast of Oregon.

Last December, a huge storm with winds over 100 mph and heavy rains hit many small towns. They had no power for days and some towns were flooded.

If you watched the show "Axmen" on the History Channel, you saw how the four logging crews in the Vernonia area had their work halted by the storm.

Suddenly the townspeople had a lot of idle time on their hands. If you do the math, that is why the area will shortly be experiencing a baby boom!

So.......would this be considered a 'Perfect Storm' ?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Woa!

I thought this thread was going to be about OPF's Johnny Appleseed-like run with his sperm through out Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Woa!

I thought this thread was going to be about OPF's Johnny Appleseed-like run with his sperm through out Oregon.
    i spent a week in oregon but i couldn't even pump my own gas while i was there

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    My Grandfather and his people were loggers in the UP and later in iron mines. I'm sure I'm a descended of the same sort of mischief.

Sorry to break this to you sheep, but we are ALL descended of the same sort of mischief...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

Sorry to break this to you sheep, but we are ALL descended of the same sort of mischief...
    at least all our ancestors aren't yoopers though - i know about all i need to about sheepshead now

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Woa!

No Madtown, I don't "get around" like that.

Maybe I should make donations to the local sperm bank for extra spending money...

Quote Originally Posted by falco

at least all our ancestors aren't yoopers though - i know about all i need to about sheepshead now
    Yup!!
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Well, that's true. But this way you get an image of those unbathed and unshaven guys in the black and white photos jumpin our grandmas....

Jumbo Rat HOFer

Wow, your grandfather must have been the best logger ever to find trees in iron mines.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan

Wow, your grandfather must have been the best logger ever to find trees in iron mines.
    Now that's the kind of humor I can get behind.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ya, I could see how you would be a descendant of miners...