View Poll Results: What do you think the Packer should do with the #5 pick?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Use it on Defense

22 64.71%
  • Use it on Offense

4 11.76%
  • Trade Down

8 23.53%
  • Trade Up

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

THE OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD

Here is the deal. This is the thread that people will discuss all thing containing or pertaining to the 2006 NFL Draft and the Packers.

Most things that I post here will be here and the C-E Forum.

You should make a poll so that we can all decide what TT will do with the #5 pick. Trade up, use it or trade down.

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    Hawk!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by billy_oliver880
    Hawk!
    Super Mario or Super Whitey (if we trade down 2-3 spots) is fine with me, but somebody please, help Nutz spell official!!

I would take Mario Williams over A. J. Hawk by a slight margin. I believe both guys will become solid contributors to their NFL teams.

Oregonpackfan

O-F-F-I-C-I-A-L

Naw I meant Offical.

I was thinking about having a draft part either at my house or a local establishment, but I haven't decided. I would have to have internet if I left my house.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    Naw I meant Offical.

I was thinking about having a draft part either at my house or a local establishment, but I haven't decided. I would have to have internet if I left my house.
    We are all going to Mel Kiper's party. He is a REAL draft guru!

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    I think there are too many options swirling around for me to answer definitively. It's like the CE mock draft. The top 15 picks of the draft have totally changed because of off-season moves. Honestly, I would be happy with Hawk, SuperMario or Vernon Davis (like everyone else, the more I read about him, the more impressed I am). Franks and Davis would be a FORMIDABLE TE tandem. (Throw Donald Lee into the picture and we could run some CRAZY 3-TE sets).

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz

M-A-J-O-R G-O-O-L-S-B-Y-S.

They have free wireless, and Free-way.

Also, nutz, stop calling 1250. I don't want to be wondering if every caller I hear on the air is you. Oh wait, I don't listen to that crappy station anymore. Please, for the love of Favre, STOP.

I took 1250 off my radio selection, which is sad, because Milwaukee only has two sports talk radio stations, and only one of them is 24 hours. So it sucks that I am banning one of them from my listening pleasure.

Blog Entries
    GuruNutz,

Do you think Denver will trade for Walker one of their #1s?

I would rather listen to WSCR when da Bears win than listen to 1250. They are able to get good interviews by virtue of being the only game in town during the day, but other than that...the worst sports radio I have ever heard. Unless you like to be consistently irritated and annoyed.

But anyway...resume your draft talk.

Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild

Also, nutz, stop calling 1250. I don't want to be wondering if every caller I hear on the air is you. Oh wait, I don't listen to that crappy station anymore. Please, for the love of Favre, STOP.
    Thats funny, I usually listen to 1250 on my way in to and out of work, and I have often wondered if any of the callers are anyone from C-E or Rats.

I cant stand to listen to 1250 for more than my drive in and out though. It seems like alot of their jocks just try to get people jacked-up about stupid shit.... especially that Peter Brown cat.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    GuruNutz,

Do you think Denver will trade for Walker one of their #1s?

I wouldn't put it past them. They still have some holes at wide reciever, and lets face it Rod Smith isn't getting any younger and he is lucky to have one more solid year. The guy has been doing it now for more than a decade. Ashley Lelie hasn't gotten it done. He is a good deep threat but he can't add up all the pieces.

This draft is weak in terms of wide recievers and the Broncos have some picks to play with. They could easily package their second rounder and 3rd rounder for Walker. That might be a bit better than only one #1 pick. That would give the Packers 5 first day picks, and I like that number alot.

To me the least I would trade Walker for is the 22nd pick. I think TT would actually go with the trade that could bring more picks into Green Bay's little nest egg.

The main concern is that Walker might not be healthy and the Broncos have to then decide if they want to give him a contract extension.

I don't think TT should fuck around with Walker, I am sick of hearing his fucking Step Father run his mouth. For the last 15 years Green Bay has been unbelievably good to its players until McKenzie blew a gasket, Walker running his mouth in 2005 and again in 2006. Grady decided to bad talk this historic franchise, but yet he still hasn't gotten a contract. I know one thing, bringing in talent that has good character is a must. It is a damn shame that a player like Walker is such a dislikable human. For all that jumped on Favre last year, you should also be ashamed, Favre called him out for what he was, it had nothing to do with money, he called out Javon's character. Walker has proved Favre right.

Great post Nutz. If a trade like this is possible and the talk about the queens moving up t othe six spot.. How many first day pick could the Pack wind up with if they trade down?(if one of the top qb's are still around at 5) Thinks could get kinda interesting come draft day.

I don't think the Packers would trade with the vikings, regardless of draft position, you just don't trade inside your division.

Pssst....Nutz....I think Jeffro was talking about the Queens moving to #6, not trading with us to #5.

No worries bro. I know you've got a lot going on inside of that head, with trying to figure out where the serial is going to go now...

tyler

The best I could hope for and maybe I should have said this in my above post are the two first day picks. It would be something if the Packer could get that. I think after the dust would settle it would be a fair deal for both teams. Walker is still going to be a good football player. ACLs are really no big deal anymore, they just take a little time. But teams don't like to part with draft picks for proven players, especially one's with torn ACLs.

My point is if there is a team in this years draft that has the fire power in the draft and has a need at Wide Reciever the Broncos are the team to do it.

If the Packers got two first day picks from the Broncos there would be little need to trade down. You get your superstar in the first round with the #5 pick and then you get your fillers that could be studs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I think I would have a coronary from excitement if the Pack ended up with two first round picks. If some team is dumb enough to give us a first for Walker, then go with it! We can't force Walker to sit on the bench and leave a first round pick on the table, especially in this loaded draft....

I'd be excited if we were even able to get a 2nd for him...

tyler