Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Winners and Losers

Winners and Losers

Here it is, folks, We have a new author (Nutz is taking on another PackerRats adventure--stay tuned for details).

Winners and Losers - Week 2

by Vince Credemax

In this roller coaster game of significant ups and downs...READ MORE
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

this article sucks

Care to elaborate?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

poor grammar, meandering themes, and a generally dismal third act contributes to this piece being an affront to modern literature

no seriously, i was making a joke since nutz singled out t-will for a drubbing

i will concede it was not his best performance

Senior Rat HOFer
    I thought it was pretty well written and spoke greatly of how the game played out.. I think Bush shoulda been on the Losers though basically cuz of his penalty and when is he not a loser? haha

That's not Nutz, dear...

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    That's not Nutz, dear...
    oh

? HOFer
    check the style sheet.

Great writeup. I agree with all the points made.

Although, I'd like to add a couple, if I could.

Winners:

Jordy Nelson: His first career NFL catch is a long TD in which he beat the CB at the line. Hopefully, this is a sign of many good things to come.

Nick Collins: We all knew that Chuck can get his hands on the ball. Collins had more to prove. His interception may have been an afterthought, but it's good to see he can make a play, especially considering Rouse's poor showing coming in for Bigby.

Losers:

Special Teams: In general we had a poor day for special teams. Numerous missed tackles and penalties led to a starting position disadvantage for our offense. After a great showing against the Vikings, out ST need to prove they can consistently win their third of the game.

Frost deserved the mention on the downside but it wasn't an easy catch. It was high and might have been reachable only with a jump. Should have been caught - Yes. Perfect snap? No.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Aaron Rodgers has had two incredible starts not only for this year but for his NFL career. He is impressive in so many ways--passing, mobility, elusiveness, poise, leadership, etc.

His performance reinforces the argument that a rookie quarterback needs to sit on the bench for 2-3 years before assuming a starting position. If Rodgers were placed in a starting position as a rookie, he would be unlikely to be performing at the high level he has shown the past two games.

One other thing. Of all the bad things that could have happened with that botch, a safety isn't the worst. A hurried shanked punt or a recovery by the Lions in the zone gives them an immediate TD. The safety is five points better with a field position penalty.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by oregonpackfan
    Aaron Rodgers has had two incredible starts not only for this year but for his NFL career. He is impressive in so many ways--passing, mobility, elusiveness, poise, leadership, etc.

His performance reinforces the argument that a rookie quarterback needs to sit on the bench for 2-3 years before assuming a starting position. If Rodgers were placed in a starting position as a rookie, he would be unlikely to be performing at the high level he has shown the past two games.
    Without a doubt. He looked like a dear in headlights the first pre-season. Now that he is calm, collected, and confident he looks great. I see many teams following in the Packers footsteps. Unfortunately, in the salary cap era its tough to have a high first rounder sit on the bench with a high salary.

Woodson should also get dinged for Calvin Johnson's first TD. He got beat inside on a slant.

And watching the replays, Rouse has some work to do. I can see exactly what the coaches mean by his bad angles.

NFL.com Extended Hightslights (or, if you prefer, Highlights)

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    Woodson should also get dinged for Calvin Johnson's first TD. He got beat inside on a slant.

And watching the replays, Rouse has some work to do. I can see exactly what the coaches mean by his bad angles.

NFL.com Extended Hightslights
    highslights eh... is that a prentious way of delivering an insult? Perhaps a backhanded compliment "AJ Hawk played great... for an average linebacker!" "Ryan Grant is a good player... in the rare times that he's healthy!"

Yup. he was actually quoted in one of the articles about how he should have kept running and not leaped for the ball and how that was one of the plays that keep him up at night.

I also agree on rouse. He was in position to stop both of Calvin Johnson's TD's tonight. On the one Wood gave up, he assumed Woodson had it covered and gave up on the play. On Tramon's he took a really bad route. For that reason, the middle of the field became much less secure after Bigby left the game.

Exactly. And its up to the viewer to decide who I am slighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial

NFL.com Extended Hightslights
    highslights eh... is that a prentious way of delivering an insult? Perhaps a backhanded compliment "AJ Hawk played great... for an average linebacker!" "Ryan Grant is a good player... in the rare times that he's healthy!"

Re: Winners and Losers

Excellent job Vince. Way to carry the tradition torch!

I don't have much argument with the list.

James Jones probably could go on the loser's list. He had at least 3 balls hit his hands that he didn't hang onto.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    I don't have much argument with the list.

James Jones probably could go on the loser's list. He had at least 3 balls hit his hands that he didn't hang onto.
    I was also disappointed in Jones. Being sure-handed in his pass-catching abilities is one of his trademarks. He looked very pedestrian today.

Driver also had a couple of passes bounce off his hands.