Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NFL HEAD COACH BY EA Sports

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

NFL HEAD COACH BY EA Sports

I am thinking about getting this game, in fact I am going to get this game for the PC. It is like everything I ever wanted. You start with the 2006 draft, with almost all the real players from the draft.

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    I've been pondering picking it up too. Has anyone out there already acquired the game? Anyone got a review?

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Heres a review for the ps2 version:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/713/713682p1.html
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Heres a review for the ps2 version:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/713/713682p1.html
    Thanks Skin. Not exactly what I was aiming for, but it'll work. I guess I was curious if anyone out in PRland has purchased the game and can give a personal review. I'd like to hear a report from the Madden nerds of PR.

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    Im gana rent it today so ill let u all noe how it is

i have the game and its not that bad. In the beginning it can be kind of boring, but once you get to the draft the perseason games it gets fun. In the draft its the same players from this past draft. I drafted R. bush at # 5. Can you believe A.J. went #1 in that draft. In the second I drafted Chad jackson. The game should really be call Nfl head coach/Gm becasue thats what you are. you do everything

When your in game you just call the plays and the player go out and do it.

I just bought a new labtob, and my PS2 is in too many pieces right now for me to enjoy the use of it, so I am going to get the PC version. I think that will make me look more like an adult anyways.

I am going to enjoy this game because it was my favorite part of madden, and college football.

I just bought it--after hearing about it here. Haven't installed it yet though.

Hey Harv, did you by the online version and then download it, or did you get it at a store?

Store - Best Buy

.??

So what do you think about this game?
    To much of a good thing is an awesome thing

I Havent gotten it yet

I read a lot of reviews on this game and it's supposed to be so realistic you'll crap your pants. And by the way you start the game as one of the steelers coordinators. You can either choose offense or defensive coordinator which then goes into which type of team you'll run. Defensive or offensive minded. As for the draft goes I heard it's a little unrealistic because most f the people that played it said that Vince Yound and D-Brick fall to the mid 20's.

It's a game that I think could have been a lot better (interface, more things for the coach to do, etc.)--but it's also addictive and time-consuming. I'm just getting to the draft, and I've been playing for about 8 hours. I don't think the AI is great, and they have some errors in the game. For instance, Joey Thomas is on the Packers roster. Somewhat disappointing, but has great potential down the line if they commit to it. I haven't looked too closely, but I haven't seen the ability to edit the rosters. I like a game that's really realistic, so I like having the real players on the team, and it seems like you have to live with the Joey Thomas-like errors.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I suggest if you are thinking about gettting ANY new game instead get GameFly. It is AWESOME!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I just bought it, but for some reason when I am installing it, it stops reading the disks after the first one. I get to 31% complete and then it tells me to insert disk 2 and I do, then nothing.

Can anyone out there help me?

Hey fuckers, I asked for a little help here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    Hey fuckers, I asked for a little help here.
    Have you tried swearing at Bill Gates yet?

Did you check your hard drive to see if you had enough free space? Was there an "OK" button to click after you inserted the disk and it spun up? Did it spin up when you inserted it? Have you tried cleaning the disks?

Somebody else might have some ideas, but if all else fails you can try exchanging the disks in case you got a bad one.

The only technical advice I've ever known was the old standby: reboot and try it again. If it doesn't work, ask someone who knows what they're doing. Is there a phone number or tech web address on the packaging anywhere?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I did some checking and it says I don't have enough ram, but it didn't say that I couldn't install it.