Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MIKE SINGLETARY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

MIKE SINGLETARY

CLASSIC today with our old pal Vernon Davis

Davis slapped an opposing player

Mike Singletary threw his ass off the field and then went off on the post game conference.

Interesting stuff

Apparently he told Davis he'd help the 49ers more by going into the locker room, showering, and then coming back in Street Clothes.

And off went VD to the locker room while the rest of the game was played

DAMN! I just seen that on TV. Singletary is running a tight ship up there in San Fran...until Vernon Davis gets pissed and whips his ass...

Good for him.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando19
    DAMN! I just seen that on TV. Singletary is running a tight ship up there in San Fran...until Vernon Davis gets pissed and whips his ass...
    VD goes after Mike and VD would get his ass whooped.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig
    I think Mike has the edge in this fight. The guy is tough as nails.

Discipline? Sportsmanship? I thought they were dead. I never thought I could thank a Bear but here goes, Thank You, Mike Singletary. I have hope that the future of the NFL will look to you for guidance.
    Hats for bats, keep bats warm. Gracias.

I think at this point, the only person in the NFL who regrets missing out on Vernon Davis is Al Davis.
    </delurk>

20 years ago....yeah. Now...Mike would beg Vernon to stop beating him to a bloody pulp. Face the facts...people age.

I bet Mike Singletary never cried during the draft. VD messes with him and he doesn't need to worry about getting a beatdown. He needs to worry about the splinters in his ass because it's obvious his coach isn't putting up with much and Davis is now in his doghouse.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I bet Mike Singletary never cried during the draft. VD messes with him and he doesn't need to worry about getting a beatdown. He needs to worry about the splinters in his ass because it's obvious his coach isn't putting up with much and Davis is now in his doghouse.
    Well said...

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I bet Mike Singletary never cried during the draft.

Damn strait. He may not be able to take him alone at his age but you know damn well someone will watch his back.
    C.H.U.D.

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    I'll bet this is the first time in his life VD has been told the world doesn't revolve around him. Kudos to Mike Singletary.

Now we'll see just what kink of a player-person Vernon really is. He can sulk and act like a 2 year old or he can use this as a springboard to make himself the premier tight end many predicted he would be coming out of college.

Thank you TT for picking AJ Hawk.

Blog Entries
    Vernon Davis is gonna do no such thing. For one thing, he approached Mike after the game and was sent packing again. Singletary told him, "you don't want to talk to me now".

Davis would have about 40 players and a bunch of coaches on his ass if he started any shit. The Niners didn't win the game, but they took a step towards becoming a team again. The guys respect that stuff.

On a physical level, if Davis and Singletary tangled, Vernon better pack a lunch, because Mike would battle his ass all day long.

To much of a good thing is an awesome thing

Hooray for the Pack not taking Davis.

And hooray for Mike Singletary.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz

+1

VD hasn't really done jack since being in the league. He has been mostly hype. Donald Lee has similar numbers the last 3 seasons.

He needed someone to knock him down a few pegs and kudos for Singletary for doing it.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz

+1

VD hasn't really done jack since being in the league. He has been mostly hype. Donald Lee has similar numbers the last 3 seasons.

He needed someone to knock him down a few pegs and kudos for Singletary for doing it.
    Davis has all the physical talent in the world. He still plays like a rookie. Every 4-5 plays, he blows somebody up. Then, it's a couple blown assignments mixed in with a few whiffs.

Million dollar body with a ten cent head on it.

Yet another example of the need for a rookie salary cap and why TT should stay out of the first round every year until we get one.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

more from pft. go get em mike

SINGLETARY WANTS TO GET RID OF “CANCERS”
    Posted by Mike Florio on October 27, 2008, 3:51 p.m.

As it turns out, Sunday’s eye-popping postgame press conference from new 49ers coach Mike Singletary was preceded by an even more fiery locker-room speech, during which Singletary promised to rid the team of “cancers.”

“There are some people in this room that don’t need to be here,” Singletary told the team, according to Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. “We’ve got guys in here that are cancers. The thing about cancer cells is, they multiply. We’ve got to cut them out.”

One of the tumors apparently is tight end Vernon Davis, whom Singletary booted after Davis was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.

“You don’t need to be sayin’ nothin’ to me right now,” Davis reportedly said as Singletary was in the process of chewing the third-year player out for his error.

“I said I don’t need to hear it,” Davis said.

And that’s when Singletary told the sixth overall pick in the 2006 draft to hit the showers.

One veteran defensive player praised the move to Silver: “Vernon does this crap all the time, and [former coach Mike] Nolan would always let it go. He created this monster.”

We also think that “this monster” was created in part by a rookie wage system that makes an annual handful of players untouchable during the early stages of their careers, since their teams can’t afford to take the cap hit that would result from cutting them. Time and again we’ve heard rumblings that players who waltz into the locker room as multi-multi-millionaires often can’t be coached or mentored, because they simply refuse to listen.

Because they know that, no matter what happens, they aren’t going anywhere.

The strangest aspect of Nolan’s reputation for going easy on the players is that he was, by all appearances, a butthole when it came to his dealings with the front office. Even after G.M. Scot McCloughan persuaded ownership to give Nolan another chance at coaching the team after Nolan’s authority over personnel had been transferred to McCloughan, Nolan boasted at the press conference announcing the move that “I will remain the one voice in this organization, and the face.”

Well, the organization now has a new voice, and a new face. And his first order of business apparently will be to undo the damage Nolan caused by tolerating guys who aren’t committed to the goal of winning via teamwork.

That said, where was Singletary before he became the head coach? Was he privately lobbying Nolan to engage in some organizational oncology, or was Singletary simply keeping his mouth shut, waiting and hoping for the whole thing to fall apart so that he’d get his chance to put it all back together?

? HOFer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYaDJ-WuuSY

video of presser.

Can't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYaDJ-WuuSY

video of presser.

Can't do it!

lol; going to be a classic like "hello, we play to win the game..."
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!