Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: McCarthy, for the second week in a row, cost us the game

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar

McCarthy, for the second week in a row, cost us the game

This is starting to get pathetic. Like last week, McCarthy went conservative at the end of the game and it lost the game for us. Why was McCarthy content to try a 54 yard field goal when he had plenty of time to move the ball further up field. On 1st down after Driver's great catch, he lines up in a goal line formation and runs, oooooh you really had me guessing there. Then Crosby misses the field goal and we lose. I was screaming at the TV wondering why McCarthy was going so conservative.

And yes I know our offense sucked. In close games like this, the coach shouldn't be the one costing us the game. Rodgers played horribly and looked scared. For the first time this year, I thought he looked like a rookie. Despite that though we had a chance to win it at the end and McCarthy chickens out AGAIN and it cost us the game.

Re: McCarthy, for the second week in a row, cost us the game

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman
    This is starting to get pathetic. Like last week, McCarthy went conservative at the end of the game and it lost the game for us. Why was McCarthy content to try a 54 yard field goal when he had plenty of time to move the ball further up field. On 1st down after Driver's great catch, he lines up in a goal line formation and runs, oooooh you really had me guessing there. Then Crosby misses the field goal and we lose. I was screaming at the TV wondering why McCarthy was going so conservative.

And yes I know our offense sucked. In close games like this, the coach shouldn't be the one costing us the game. Rodgers played horribly and looked scared. For the first time this year, I thought he looked like a rookie. Despite that though we had a chance to win it at the end and McCarthy chickens out AGAIN and it cost us the game.
    MM doesn't need to call the plays on offense. He's proven he's a big pussy. I don't know what it is about is play calling, but maybe he doesn't want Aaron throwing INT's and making them look like fools for switching QB's this offseason. MM needs to act like a coach who wants to win.

It was very easy to see why McCarthy went the way he did. Rodgers was peeling himself off the turf after every play down the stretch. He was in Crosby's range. HE wasn't taking any chance of a turnover. I have no problem with how McCarthy handled it. And by no means am I blaming Crosby but he has to make that kick in a dome.

Senior Rat HOFer

Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994

It was very easy to see why McCarthy went the way he did. Rodgers was peeling himself off the turf after every play down the stretch. He was in Crosby's range. HE wasn't taking any chance of a turnover. I have no problem with how McCarthy handled it. And by no means am I blaming Crosby but he has to make that kick in a dome.

well can we blame MM for not having Rodgers ready for these situations? Or do we blame Rodgers for sucking? Or do we blame the snap because it was a little high? Im so confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19

MM doesn't need to call the plays on offense. He's proven he's a big pussy. I don't know what it is about is play calling, but maybe he doesn't want Aaron throwing INT's and making them look like fools for switching QB's this offseason. MM needs to act like a coach who wants to win.
    And if he went agressive and Aaron threw a int, you would be bitching that hw was being too aggressive while being in Crosby's range. THis McCarthy chickens out bullshit is just that, bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4

well can we blame MM for not having Rodgers ready for these situations? Or do we blame Rodgers for sucking? Or do we blame the snap because it was a little high? Im so confused...
    Its called the OL was a sieve.

I disagree. You don't want to force a turnover sure, but why such bad playcalling and only running a few plays? We only ran like 4 or 5 plays I think. You have to grow some balls at some point and go for the win instead of putting it on your kicker to make a 54 yard field goal. Sure Crosby should make that but if you get 10 more yards, you increase the chances of making that by like 50%. I'm sick of McCarthy for screwing the team over.

Blog Entries

If you want to read a bit into it MM showed a lack of confidence in his OL and QB
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat HOFer

Aikman seemed to think it was about 50/50 between rodgers and the oline

I disagree. You don't want to force a turnover sure, but why such bad playcalling and only running a few plays? We only ran like 4 or 5 plays I think. You have to grow some balls at some point and go for the win instead of putting it on your kicker to make a 54 yard field goal. Sure Crosby should make that but if you get 10 more yards, you increase the chances of making that by like 50%. I'm sick of McCarthy for screwing the team over.
    Again, the OL could pass prtect to save its life down the stretch. Becuase of that when he got within Crosby's range, and in a dome that is well within his range, He went for the win. Crosby just failed to do his job.

Aikman seemed to think it was about 50/50 between rodgers and the oline
    Aikman has taken enough shots to the head in his life that even he doesn't know what he thinks.

And if he went agressive and Aaron threw a int, you would be bitching that hw was being too aggressive while being in Crosby's range. THis McCarthy chickens out bullshit is just that, bullshit.
    No, I wouldn't pin that on McCarthy, I would be pissed at Rodgers. Rodgers did suck today. And no this McCarthy chickens out stuff is real. McCarthy lines his team up in a goal line formation on 1st and 10, what the heck is that? If McCarthy went aggressive and we lost, I would be pissed that we lost but at least you could say that you tried to win and didnt' pussy out at the end and just hope your kicker would make a long field goal. 10 more yards is all we needed. If McCarthy can't call a play that can get that then I don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

If you want to read a bit into it MM showed a lack of confidence in his OL and QB
    It was more a lack of confidence in his OL and I don't blame that one bit.

No, I wouldn't pin that on McCarthy, I would be pissed at Rodgers. Rodgers did suck today. And no this McCarthy chickens out stuff is real. McCarthy lines his team up in a goal line formation on 1st and 10, what the heck is that? If McCarthy went aggressive and we lost, I would be pissed that we lost but at least you could say that you tried to win and didnt' pussy out at the end and just hope your kicker would make a long field goal. 10 more yards is all we needed. If McCarthy can't call a play that can get that then I don't know what to say.
    How did he not try to win the game? They had a game winning FG attempt, didn't they? Crosby kicked from 60+ in warmups didn't he? Fact is, they had a chance to win the game with a FG. Blaming McCarthy for not trying to win the game is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

Maybe he didn't want to give them any more opportunities for stupid penalties that would have put them out of field goal range. I think they had a stupid mistake or two this game.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

How did he not try to win the game? They had a game winning FG attempt, didn't they? Crosby kicked from 60+ in warmups didn't he? Fact is, they had a chance to win the game with a FG. Blaming McCarthy for not trying to win the game is bullshit.
    I think that McCarthy settling to kick a 54 yard field goal when he had plenty of time to move the ball further downfield is "bullshit."

Blog Entries
    It's obvious that the OL was horrible

But let's get this out there too

AROD did not have his A game today either.

You don't bank on a 50+ yard field goal unless you lack confidence in your OL to pass block and your QB to get rid of the ball if he has a feel for the pressure
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Maybe he didn't want to give them any more opportunities for stupid penalties that would have put them out of field goal range. I think they had a stupid mistake or two this game.

Yup; either playing conservative or scared. Your description would lean toward the scared we'll make things worse by trying belief

Oh yeah?? Haha...you're an idiot. Explain how it's bullshit? Has he been calling good plays lately?