Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PACKERRATS.COM COMMERCIAL

PACKERRATS.COM COMMERCIAL

Hi,

So as some of you know I am going start a packers weekly tv show, should be interesting. I'd like to plug our message board with it as well when we're ready to open it to the public, maybe July.
    I made a sample commercial that I think is pretty sweet though and I can't find a free place online to host a 2 min quicktime movie so that you guys and gals could see it and give me feedback.

Anyone know of such a site?
    "For a fan base that so gratefully took to success, it bothers me how easily some fans are resigned to failure."

No Mo Moss 9.14.06

I'm afraid I don't, but I just wanted to say that I hope your commercial features a blue cartoon hound dog. And don't forget the southern accent.

I don't, but good luck with all of your endeavors.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Use this place:

http://www.putfile.com/

This would be a great idea for podcasting! I download video podcasts all the time. I'm not sure how you go about getting your show on there available for a download, but I'm sure it's somewhereon the Itunes or Apple website.

? HOFer
    sorry if anyone read that, I changed my mind after the hacking attacks.

www.youtube.com
    video.google.com
    www.putfile.com

all of those would work

Quote Originally Posted by GBMichele
    This would be a great idea for podcasting! I download video podcasts all the time. I'm not sure how you go about getting your show on there available for a download, but I'm sure it's somewhereon the Itunes or Apple website.
    THAT'S THE IDEA MICHELE! It will give all of our packer friends around the world some great biased packer coverage with an unfair look at our opponents and rivals. Eventually I will have a website for it but it's not done yet.

Thanks for the links I'll try and get that link on here asap for everyone.
    "For a fan base that so gratefully took to success, it bothers me how easily some fans are resigned to failure."

No Mo Moss 9.14.06

http://media.putfile.com/Packerrats-Promo-high-res

Here you go. keep in mind this isn't a final thing but I'm just trying to get the creative juices flowing. Constructive crit. welcome.

No Mo Moss 9.14.06

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    WOW... Great job on the video no mo. I reallly liked it!

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    No Mo, that is great! Amazing work dude!

Some suggestions...

1) The resolution needs work. Looks really choppy on the putfile site. Perhaps the putfile site has restrictions. Either way, it still is a great advertisement for this site!

2) Change "amoung" to "among" on the final scene.

3) Also, I'd separate "PACKERRATS YOU'RE AMONG FRIENDS" into two separate sentences, like

PACKERRATS.COM-
    YOU'RE AMONG FRIENDS

4) Could you put the rat logo and website address as a little icon at a certain location at the bottom of the screen throughout the whole ad (like what FOX and ESPN do during games)? An ad should pound the product into the minds of the viewer. The ad doesn't sell the web address enough.

Otherwise man, it looks really cool!

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Nice work. JSR's right--pop the web address at the bottom of the screen and everyone will remember it.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

JSR I increased the res from 2.5 mb to 7.8mb but can't get it any higher. Yeah I will put the website all over the place eventually but since this isn't technically a public site as of yet, IE hacker defense and what not, I will leave it how it is for right now. That's a public board so I didn't want to attract just anyone as of right now.

This is just a rough proof of what I want to do.

No Mo Moss 9.14.06

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Even for a rough proof, No Mo, it is impressive! Just throwing some constructive crit your way. Can't wait to see the finished product!

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

? HOFer
    are you using the h264 codec or what?

Quote Originally Posted by jacks smirking revenge
    PACKERRATS.COM-
    YOU'RE AMONG FRIENDS
    tyler
    If I'm not mistaken, "You're Among Friends" is the state motto of Pennsylvania. It was on license plates for a while,anyway.

I might go with, "You're among some odd people, but they're all ok."

Very nice job! When I heard, "you want to go where everybody knows your name" I couldn't help but briefly think of the personal information disclosure problems we had earlier this year.

I did too, but "everybody knows your username" just doesn't seem to fit.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Quote Originally Posted by jacks smirking revenge
    PACKERRATS.COM-
    YOU'RE AMONG FRIENDS
    tyler
    If I'm not mistaken, "You're Among Friends" is the state motto of Pennsylvania. It was on license plates for a while,anyway.

I might go with, "You're among some odd people, but they're all ok."

Very nice job! When I heard, "you want to go where everybody knows your name" I couldn't help but briefly think of the personal information disclosure problems we had earlier this year.
    I thought it was the Wisconsin Tourism phrase in the 90's so that's why I went with it. Maybe I was trying to be too clever for my own good.

here it is, remember this?

No Mo Moss 9.14.06

OMG, I remember that bumper sticker. I also remember seeing MANY people alter them...um, so it would say "Wisconsin, you're among mongs" (hmongs)

Great job on the vid so far, No...I really like it

Thanks michele, we'll se where it goes.

Partial, final cut pro.

No Mo Moss 9.14.06

Senior Rat Veteran CyclonePackFan's Avatar
    No Mo, that looks pretty sweet.

I do have one thing for your consideration. I have zero experience in matters such as these, so I don't know how easy/difficult this would be.

I'd suggest having the "Packerrats" logo and name show up about 1/4 of the way in, right after "Some times you wanna go" and holding through "where everybody knows your name", and then continue for the rest of the song with our legends. There is a similarly themed YTMND which uses the Cheers theme at: http://cheerstoyourthemannowdog.ytmnd.com/ that kind of illustrates what I'm talking about (you might need to refresh it to get the image/sound to sync up)

Great job, looking forward to the show.