Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The 0 for 7 stat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The 0 for 7 stat

Anybody else get a kick out of that stat last night. Apparently, Rodgers doesn't get credit for leading the Packers on a scoring drive to take the lead with under 2 minutes left against Carolina because the defense gave up the lead.

Also, convenient for their "angle" how they picked 5 minutes left in the game. Rodgers had four other games (besides Carolina) this year where the offense scored to tie the game or take the lead with between 5-6 minutes left in the game.

Took the lead with 5:17 left against Detroit
    Tied the game with 5:30 left against Tennessee
    Took the lead with 1:57 left against Carolina
    Tied the game with 5:56 left against Houston
    Took the lead with 5:35 left against Jacksonville

Also, Mason Crosby cost him two game winning drives in the 4th quarter after Rodgers had gotten them within FG range (albeit on a lucky play vs. Minnesota). It's not his fault they threw the ball to get within FG range, McCarthy chose not to make even one throw after that, and then Crosby missed the FG.

I agree - it's tough to engineer a comeback when the coach takes the ball out of your hands. Does he have the clearance to audible?
    "Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end."

Re: The 0 for 7 stat

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Nice post, Harv. These are the points I bring up with others that tell me how Rodgers can't "seal the deal". Those douchebags at ESPN will manufacture any stat for a soundbite regardless of how asinine it is.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Gamblin' Rat
    Usually they refer to 4th quarter comebacks, but it doesnt serve the purpose in this case I guess.

I thought the same thing when they said that. No mention at all of the actual circumstances surounding these losses.

Clearly they want to put something negative on ARod.

I'm glad to see M3 and the rest of the coaches are giving him the right support.

And while it's true that ARod has brought the team back numerous times and that Crosby had 2 blocked, Rodgers still had a 'final' shot in many games and couldn't deliver (albeit last minute, long-drives needed, etc.). I'd rather see a drive come up short than end of game picks...

Rodgers is clearly not the reason we have lost more games than we've won this year and has played pretty well considering it is his first year starting.

In my mind Rodgers has done his job at the end of the game. He's put us in position a few times and had missed field goals. He's aslo gotten us the lead and then had it given right back by the defense.

This year has just been a perfect storm of bad luck and bad breaks. Last year it felt like just about everything went the way you'd want it to. This year has been completely the opposite.

We've played a pretty difficult schedule and played some pretty good teams very close but just haven't gotten the job done or gotten any breaks.

I actually think this is a much better team than our 5-10 record would indicate. I'm fairly optimisitic that a healthy team with a few more added draft picks and (crossing my fingers) a free agent or two could turn this ship around next year.
    GO PACK!!!!

? HOFer
    How many times has he gotten the ball back with ample time and didn't score, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    How many times has he gotten the ball back with ample time and didn't score, though?
    I think that's fair. Frankly, he's come up short a few times at the end of a game - I think really only against Carolina and Jacksonville though did he have the ball late, and I guess Tampa. So yeah he's had some chances and not delivered. But he has also delivered in those games and other games. It's hard for me to be too critical of a guy who did it, then had it given back, and then had to do it again.
    GO PACK!!!!

Almost exactly as many times as he's lead scoring drives to tie or go ahead and turned the game over to the defense.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Senior Rat HOFer
    As many times as the opposing defense stopped him. Don't you get it Partial? If other teams played as shitty defense as we play in the 4th quarter, Aaron Rodgers would have between 6 and 8 4th quarter comeback victories, and we'd be 13-2 right now. That's the difference in games. Other teams play defense in the 4th quarter, we do not.

But don't suggest Rodgers doesn't score points in the 4th quarter, because I can name at least 4 or 5 times he has tied or taken the lead IN THE FOURTH QUARTER that the defense gave away. Since you love to talk about a 60 minute game, then you'll agree that those points count too. The defense and ST's have to play 60 minutes as well, right? I mean, not 55 minutes. Not even 59 minutes and 35 seconds. If the ST's play a full 60 minutes last night, Mase kicks that through and Rodgers gets the monkey off his back.

God damn, his expression when that kick was blocked said it all. "What the hell do I have to do..."
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Rodgers is clearly not the reason we have lost more games than we've won this year and has played pretty well considering it is his first year starting.
    That is clearly true. Aaron Rodgers is a rookie that has looked really good at times.

The Packer 'D' looks bad this season. The run 'D' is horrid. Could that 'D' stop a high school running back?

Have we made up our minds yet that AJ Hawk is a bust or not?

How do y'all feel about the daunted Mike McCarthy? Jeeeeeeez fellas. Is the experiment with delusion over?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Nice dig, Harvey. Very telling.

Anybody else get a kick out of that stat last night. Apparently, Rodgers doesn't get credit for leading the Packers on a scoring drive to take the lead with under 2 minutes left against Carolina because the defense gave up the lead.

Also, convenient for their "angle" how they picked 5 minutes left in the game. Rodgers had four other games (besides Carolina) this year where the offense scored to tie the game or take the lead with between 5-6 minutes left in the game.

Also, Mason Crosby cost him two game winning drives in the 4th quarter after Rodgers had gotten them within FG range (albeit on a lucky play vs. Minnesota). It's not his fault they threw the ball to get within FG range, McCarthy chose not to make even one throw after that, and then Crosby missed the FG.
    Very nicely put, You cant pin any of this on our boy A-rod.
    He shoulda been going to the pro bowl.
    Baah

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    I don't think he deserves the Pro Bowl, but neither does our former QB. Rodgers played as well as our former QB did this year.

I thought I read somewhere online that we are one of the top teams as far as 4th quarter scoring so you can't say AR isn't trying to close out games. Yes, he's had some picks late in games but that happens to all QBs sometimes, especially ones who are pressing cuz he knows his D gives the lead away in frightening speed.

Impressive stats and argument, Harv. Now, please send your post and stats to Tony Kornheiser. I am sick and tired of hearing him ramble on how the Packers made a mistake in not bringing back Brett Favre.

? HOFer

I don't think he deserves the Pro Bowl, but neither does our former QB. Rodgers played as well as our former QB did this year.
    Why the need to bring up Favre? You have a vendetta and its irritating.

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

You think Favre should go to the pro bowl ? If so, based on what ?

His stats ? His intangibles? and if they (intangibles) are so great why is the team falling flat on its face ?

Lets see:

Favre
    7th in the AFC in passing yards
    10th in the AFC in yards per attempt
    8th in the AFC for passing yards per game
    tied for 4th in touchdowns
    8th in the AFC in Qb rating
    1st - (yes he leads one stat) in NFL in Interceptions!

Wow, I am wrong. Looking at these numbers, he definately is a pro bowler this year !