Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Helper

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar

The Decision Helper

This thread is all about helping people make decisions. for example i need help deciding what to have for lunch. my choices are Mickey D's, Subway, Toco bell, or eat from the roach coach. so if any one has any suggestions please help. it is lunch time in my NECK of the woods(like that jack). so hurry up and help a brother out!!

Now, now - food is not a substitute for your other addiction, LW.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    One thing that I can recomend that you not eat, chain pizza. Chain or Franchise pizza joints like to pour household bleach into their pizza sauce to preserve it. I don't know about you guys, but I like my pizza without bleach.

I'd go for the Subway (did you see Supersize me? I may never eat MickeyD's again!)
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

zig i think supersize me was sponsered by a alternative covert fastfood chain. they just wanted to take down the MAN. did you see the guy who ate a couple bigmacs everyday for 30 years? dudes skinny as a rail. kinda like jarred.

nutz, my bro has the same feeling about KFC. he used to deliver the "product" to them. he would come home and tell horror stories about what he saw in the back rooms.

Love this thread. I'd do Taco Bell, but only if there isn't a Zantigos or Taco John's nearby.

well, i am a cheap bastard so i settled for MD's it was a toss up between them and taco bell. when you can eat lunch for 3 bucks you can't beat that especially when you still have your toothfairy money!! besides Zig put me over the edge with the supersize comment. thanks for all your help everyone.

anyone else need help making a decision??

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    anyone else need help making a decision??
    I usually flip a coin, but maybe I'll come on here instead.

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Harvey, I could make a really sick comment about your coming on here, but I'm going to leave it be.

To be or not to be, that is the question...

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Quote Originally Posted by jacks smirking revenge
    To be or not to be, that is the question...
    remember the show "in living color"? the skit were one of the waynes bros played a drunk bum? one of his was "to pee or not to pee that is the question.....oh look here comes the answer."

okay i have an expensive decision to make. we are looking at cars. we need a vehicle with more space that gets decent gas milage, but refuse to buy a minivan. I have been looking at the Ford FreeStyle and the Chrysler Pacifica. anybody own one of these and have thoughts one way or another?

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    okay i have an expensive decision to make. we are looking at cars. we need a vehicle with more space that gets decent gas milage, but refuse to buy a minivan. I have been looking at the Ford FreeStyle and the Chrysler Pacifica. anybody own one of these and have thoughts one way or another?
    Whichever one has enough room for a gunrack.

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

there is always room for a gun rack, Jack. why do you think we need more room?? just bought a few more guns! you never know when one is going to jam on you, you need to be prepared!

I got offered a job from a client I worked for but don't know what to do.

Job A:
    Good pay/bene's (better long-term comp)
    Well defined career path
    Long hours
    Lots of travel (80%)
    Small, private company with good growth rate (10-20%)

Job B:
    Better pay/compensation in short term (1-2 yrs); less vacation time
    Undefined career path but they're willing to create a position for me; lots of ways to move laterally/upward in a variety of divisions
    Fortune 500 - the division I'm looking at has high growth (20%) and thus higher pressure to succeed
    Fortune 100 best companies to work for
    No/little travel

For me, both are good options at this point of my career... any advice from folks who've been in similar situations and was the grass really greener on the other side?

Whiskey, I have no knowledge of either of those vehicles although I've owned a Chrysler before and it was a great car. Never had a Ford.

Fosco, the two big differences I noticed right away was travel. If you are married w/ family that would be tough. I'd say if you are single, go for the best opportunity to move up fast and make the big money while you have the chance. I had a friend that worked for a very large co. she traveled all over the place with very short notice. It was all great and she made tons of money ....until she decided to have a baby. She was dropped faster than a hot iron pot because they knew she could no longer jump when the wanted.

Blog Entries
    Should I go to bed or go watch Skinemax babes ?

Fosco,

Have you traveled before. I travel every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Fosco,

Have you traveled before. I travel every week.
    Do u like that Scott?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Here is an idea for you Fosco, why work? Go watch Office Space and collect some of our taxes and use that money as your own. I think this country needs a workers revolt. God I hate work so much I want others to quit there jobs.

Little Whiskey, what the hell is the matter with a minivan? What the fuck is your problem? I bought a minivan and it was the best decision of my life, I got space for all the kids, and the dogs. I didn't have the money to get a full sized four door truck, but a minivan is the next best thing. Those two automobiles that you mentioned don't actually give you anymore room, or seating. Your better off getting a full size car like a taurus or something.

I could go on and on and on about mini vans in that rant thread wherever it is! I understand they are practical but they are ALWAYS in the way!!