Okay...the players that now seem like sure top-5 picks might slide to the end of the first round after the combine, so that topic's played out for the moment...Favre's retirement is always fun, but wait, he plays for another team. The angst over hiring a coaching staff is gone.

So here's a slight but possibly interesting thread idea, which some have commented upon obtrusely in other threads: will the Packers get off to a slow start next year? And if they do, will it affect MM's future - and TT's?

I fear a slow start due to three factors: the now-historically slow-starting run game (and it looks like - again - the offensive line will be different this year), the difficulty of playing at NFL speed when your defense is still thinking its way through the 3-4, and the injury factor: length of recovery time for a guy like Nick Barnett (not sure about Jenkins), and Justin Harrell's back.

Will a 1-4 start or something like it cause so much dissatisfaction that the season will slide into oblivion, as it did this year? MM never did get it "corrected."

Tell me what you think. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me Capers has the same ingredients he did the last two times he converted a defense to a 3-4 and had success. Tell me why Grant will run for 100+ yards in the first five games of the season. Or tell me my worst fears will be confirmed.

Packer nation, discuss.