Thread: Jennings: I want to be a Packer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jennings: I want to be a Packer

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...KR&located=RSS

Good article, Greg Jennings. Read it, but here's one heartening quote.

"In my heart of hearts, honestly, I feel like I’m going to be a Green Bay Packer for my career"

Article states he did a total body scan and he has less body fat than last and more muscle. Lets hope that translates to a bigger season to an already good start to a fine career.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Greg Jennings is not only a great player, he seems like a great guy as well. Lock him up!!!
    Go PACK

DD Jr.

Absolutely, while TWill is holding out we should do everything we can to extend this guy. Pay him fair market for his numbers and all. Show the world that a class act who earns it gets it.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

makes me happy i got his jersey great guy and a class act. unfortunately there aren't too many of them left in the Nfl as most of them are convicts

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    Absolutely, while TWill is holding out we should do everything we can to extend this guy. Pay him fair market for his numbers and all. Show the world that a class act who earns it gets it.
    Not to get off topic, but, Tramon is not holding out, at least not yet. He's there participating in the workout sessions. He may not workout at the OTAs because he has yet to sign his tender and if I'm not mistaken, he can't until he signs his tender. Collins isn't there, unless something changed.

Anyway, This is good news, but I won't be overjoyed until an extension is signed. At the very least with all the potential free agents next year and Mucho cap space, there should be no reason Jennings can't be given an extension now. Get it done!

Be a hoot if Jennings blows his knee out in the 1st game b/4 he signs an extension... and TT boots him to curb, ala Walker, lol.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43
    Be a hoot if Jennings blows his knee out in the 1st game b/4 he signs an extension... and TT boots him to curb, ala Walker, lol.
    Bear fans everywhere agree with you.

Senior Rat HOFer
    3 things about this. First, GJ has had more than just one productive season for us. Second, GJ is a TT pick. I have to imagine that TT has more invested in GJ than JW, and would give him a chance he wouldn't give to Walker. Third, GJ has a much better attitude than JW. Bigger fan favorite than JW was as a result. All things considered, if the same thing happened to Jennings as did Walker, my guess is GJ remains a Packer regardless.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor
    3 things about this. First, GJ has had more than just one productive season for us. Second, GJ is a TT pick. I have to imagine that TT has more invested in GJ than JW, and would give him a chance he wouldn't give to Walker. Third, GJ has a much better attitude than JW. Bigger fan favorite than JW was as a result. All things considered, if the same thing happened to Jennings as did Walker, my guess is GJ remains a Packer regardless.
    Point one is the only one that really matters. JWalk had about 10 good games on his resume and wanted big time money. GW has 2 good seasons on his resume (not great) and from the little that has been printed, he is looking for a fair contract.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

greg jennings is an allworld player and person, no way the pack lets him leave. guaranteed.

I'm completely disappointed by this statement, Wist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    No shit. How cynical can you get?

Quote Originally Posted by PlantPage55
    Agreed. I don't think it'd be a hoot to see any player blow out his knee, especially Jennings.

Interesting question though. Who is the most begative between Wist, Packnut, and Merlin?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantPage55
    Agreed. I don't think it'd be a hoot to see any player blow out his knee, especially Jennings.

Interesting question though. Who is the most begative between Wist, Packnut, and Merlin?
    Like the three fates that share one eye, they kind of take turns going over the top on being a downer.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Settle down guys... I don't think it would be a "hoot", I was being sarcastic. GJ is our best player, and I do want us to win; which, necessarily means TT has to succeed.
    wist

Jennings

Well, out of a billion draft picks, Jennings is the only blue chip player Thompson has drafted. I doubt even Teddy is stupid enough to not lock this guy up.