Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Schedule being released at 1 pm today

Schedule being released at 1 pm today

I was just reading an article in today's Press Gazette about how all the area hotels are adjusting their staff in anticipation of todays Packer schedule being released. Once that happens, the phones will be slammed.

Also, for those that live in Brown County and are in the lottery ticket drawing, invoices are being mailed out this week if you were chosen for tickets. Ok, now this is one bill that I WANT to see in my mailbox

With the Packers poor record last year, and Favre's indecision, I'll bet they don't get too many "primetime" games...
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!

I agree with that, Hurley. However, if Favre had announced his decision already on whether or not he was coming back, I think that would have helped our chances of at least getting a game or two in the national spotlight. Granted that is, he says he's coming back.

The NFL can change any of the last 6 games to a Sunday Night game now with only two weeks notice. They are trying to show as many "important" games as possible in the end to beef up rankings I guess.

IMO, I don't agree with that - it really causes problems for people attending the games, especially those traveling from out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by GBMichele
    I agree with that, Hurley. However, if Favre had announced his decision already on whether or not he was coming back, I think that would have helped our chances of at least getting a game or two in the national spotlight. Granted that is, he says he's coming back.

The NFL can change any of the last 6 games to a Sunday Night game now with only two weeks notice. They are trying to show as many "important" games as possible in the end to beef up rankings I guess.

IMO, I don't agree with that - it really causes problems for people attending the games, especially those traveling from out of town.
    That brings up something I was wondering about. Where are the majority of season ticket holders from? The area around Green Bay or are they from all over the place in Wisconsin? Are the roads from Madison and Milwaukee jammed on gameday?

Yes Michele, I imagine the last minute re-sched's could cause some problems with ticket holders, especially the Milwaukee folks.
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!

Rastak, there are two major highways that connect Milwaukee to Green Bay (I43 and 41). They basically run parallel to each other, so there's not much difference other than where you want to enter the freeway. And, for the Milwaukee game days, traffic is heavy on both. Just pick one and hope for no accidents. (Also, the state troopers are out in full force on any gameday, which tends to cause minor traffic jams.)

Rastak, there is really no "road" from Madison to Green Bay, but also the concentration of ticket holders from that area is pretty light. Any traffic problems usually occur whenever it is that you get on Hwy 41 (probably in either Oshkosh or Appleton).

When you get to Green Bay, the traffic is really, really heavy with people trying to exit at Lombardi Ave. Somehow people haven't figured out that there are four other exits that will take you right to the stadium.

This concludes your lesson in gameday driving strategy.

Well, that depends, Rastak. We have Milwaukee ticket holders and Green Bay ticket holders. Milw gets a preseason game and the 1st and 5th home game of the season, so for those 3 games, most are coming up from Milwaukee. I don't particulary think the roads are jammed with traffic, until you hit GB that is!

Hard to say where most of the GB season ticket holders are from because a good chunk of those don't even attend the games, but just resell them to ticket brokers or put on eBay. Ok, that's a sore subject with me, so I won't even go there...

It would take me less time to walk to the stadium than drive in traffic to get there. too much stuff to carry though !!

1 pm Eastern or Central time?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

2 ET/1 CT.

Thanks. Did you see the gift I left for you in the Brewers room?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

The Packers open up the season hosting the Bears at 3:15 and the Packers play 2 Monday night games........at Philadelphia and at Seattle. (yuck)

Did you see the schedule Michele? The Packers do play a Thursday night game on the NFL network DEC 21st against the Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by ecwiscott
    The Packers open up the season hosting the Bears at 3:15 and the Packers play 2 Monday night games........at Philadelphia and at Seattle. (yuck)

Did you see the schedule Michele? The Packers do play a Thursday night game on the NFL network DEC 21st against the Vikings.
    Do you have a link to it?

Quote Originally Posted by ecwiscott

Where is the full league schedule posted?

this was on packers.com - full schedule wasn't posted yet

Packers' 2006 Slate Features Three Prime-Time Games, 11 Noon Kickoffs

posted 04/06/2006

The Packers' complete 2006 schedule won't be known until 1 p.m. CT Thursday. But, in anticipation of that, packers.com has learned some advance details.

To highlight several important items about the Packers' 2006 schedule in advance of its full release, Green Bay begins the season with three of its first five games at home. The Packers then have their open date in Week 6, which is the earliest it has been for the team since 1999, when it fell in Week 4. After the bye, three of the next four games are on the road. Green Bay later closes out the season with three straight division games, allowing ample opportunity to affect the team's standing within the NFC North in the final month.

There is one bit of good news in this year's schedule for area churches. After playing amidst the Christmas holiday the past two seasons -- Friday, Dec. 24, 2004, at Minnesota and Sunday, Dec. 25, 2005, vs. Chicago -- Green Bay gets its Christmas Week game out of the early this year by facing the Vikings on Dec. 21. The Packers then do not play until 10 days later, assuredly allowing team members to spend the holiday with their families. Most NFL teams will be playing on Dec. 24 in Week 16 of the '06 season. The Dec. 21 Vikings contest will be Green Bay's first-ever appearance on the NFL Network.

Now known is that the Packers will play three prime-time road games, two on ESPN's 'Monday Night Football.' Green Bay travels to Philadelphia for a MNF contest in the season's first month, and later in the year plays at Seattle on a Monday night. Six of Green Bay's eight regular-season home games start at 12 noon CT, and there are 11 total "early" kickoffs over the course of the 16-game season.

For the first time since 2003, Green Bay will open the season at home. Fittingly, in Mike McCarthy's first game as the team's head coach, the Packers square off with long-time rival Chicago. The Packers will have an immediate opportunity to see how they match up against the defending NFC North champions in a 3:15 p.m. game that will be part of the second half of a Fox Sports doubleheader.

Come back to packers.com later today for the full schedule, including a printable version.

Senior Rat Veteran CyclonePackFan's Avatar
    The 2006 Green Bay Schedule:

Sun., Sept. 10 Chicago Bears 3:15 p.m. FOX
    Sun., Sept. 17 New Orleans Saints (GP) 12 noon FOX
    Sun., Sept. 24 @ Detroit Lions 12 noon FOX
    Mon., Oct. 2 @ Philadelphia Eagles 7:30 p.m. ESPN
    Sun., Oct. 8 St. Louis Rams 12 noon FOX
    Sun., Oct. 15 Open Date
    Sun., Oct. 22 @ Miami Dolphins 12 noon FOX
    Sun., Oct. 29 Arizona Cardinals 12 noon FOX
    Sun., Nov. 5 @ Buffalo Bills 12 noon FOX
    Sun., Nov. 12 @ Minnesota Vikings *12 noon FOX
    Sun., Nov. 19 New England Patriots (GP) *12 noon CBS
    Mon., Nov. 27 @ Seattle Seahawks 7:30 p.m. ESPN
    Sun., Dec. 3 New York Jets *12 noon CBS
    Sun., Dec. 10 @ San Francisco 49ers *3:05 p.m. FOX
    Sun., Dec. 17 Detroit Lions *12 noon FOX
    Thurs., Dec. 21 Minnesota Vikings 7:00 p.m. NFLN
    Sun., Dec. 31 @ Chicago Bears *12 noon FOX

I like the fact that the Lions and Vikings are at Lambeau in December..

Quote Originally Posted by imscott72
    I'll agree with that. November looks like fun, three road games against the Bills (Nall's revenge) the Vikings (Rastak, do you know when they're projecting Viking Stadium to be built? I saw it recently got through a senate committee), and the defending NFC champion Seahawks in what could be Holmgren's last year. To top it all off, we get a good cold-weather team in the Pats for the only home game.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclonePackFan
    I'll agree with that. November looks like fun, three road games against the Bills (Nall's revenge) the Vikings (Rastak, do you know when they're projecting Viking Stadium to be built? I saw it recently got through a senate committee), and the defending NFC champion Seahawks in what could be Holmgren's last year. To top it all off, we get a good cold-weather team in the Pats for the only home game.
    2 or 3 years I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    Quote Originally Posted by CyclonePackFan
    2 or 3 years I bet.
    I'm actually looking forward to seeing a game in that place. I used to go to the Packer/Viking games in the dome every year when I was a kid but stopped because we didn't like the Metrodome (and it probably had something to do with the fact that we never won there...something like that) I really hope they don't wuss out and use that retractable roof in the winter, I think I remember Wilf saying he wanted an open-air stadium because of the cold.