Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Noise about a Potential Hawk Trade?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Witness Protection Rat HOFer

Any Noise about a Potential Hawk Trade?

Creditable?

I don't see how. He's coming off a very average year so his trade value is probably less than his actual value to the team. The guy most people are proposing to replace him - Bishop - has serious deficiencies in his game, which tend to get overlooked sometimes because he makes big hits.

Big salary too.

According to Ben Maller on rumor section on foxsports.com there are many packers up for trade. Including:

LB AJ Hawk
    T/G Tony Moll
    LB Brady Poppinga
    S Aaron Rouse
    QB Brian Brohm
    DB Jarrett Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33
    According to Ben Maller on rumor section on foxsports.com there are many packers up for trade. Including:

LB AJ Hawk
    T/G Tony Moll
    LB Brady Poppinga
    S Aaron Rouse
    QB Brian Brohm
    DB Jarrett Bush
    Lets trade all of them!

LB AJ Hawk
    T/G Tony Moll
    LB Brady Poppinga
    S Aaron Rouse
    QB Brian Brohm
    DB Jarrett Bush
    I'd be fine with trading any of those except for Hawk. Trading Hawk would be the biggest mistake TT could make. He had a down year last year and now people wanna trade him. He will never be Ray Lewis, but he can be a very good LB with an attitude that this team needs.

I hope TT sees that.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk

LB AJ Hawk
    T/G Tony Moll
    LB Brady Poppinga
    S Aaron Rouse
    QB Brian Brohm
    DB Jarrett Bush
    I'd be fine with trading any of those except for Hawk. Trading Hawk would be the biggest mistake TT could make. He had a down year last year and now people wanna trade him. He will never be Ray Lewis, but he can be a very good LB with an attitude that this team needs.

I hope TT sees that.
    Have not seen the on-field attitude you mention. Lets hope it surfaces today.

Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha
    He didn't mention *on-field* attitude... which I'd argue there was a fair amount of even last year.

He said 'attitude'. The guy comes to work, sets an example for guys around him and has played just about every snap since coming in the league. I realize we all have higher hopes for him, but he's definitely been an asset to the team from day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by mission
    He didn't mention *on-field* attitude... which I'd argue there was a fair amount of even last year.

He said 'attitude'. The guy comes to work, sets an example for guys around him and has played just about every snap since coming in the league. I realize we all have higher hopes for him, but he's definitely been an asset to the team from day 1.
    Agreed. Is it possible for Hawk to start making impact plays?

? HOFer
    One thing that should be noted as it speaks to the depth of our team that we could afford to cut lose a #5 pick and be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    One thing that should be noted as it speaks to the depth of our team that we could afford to cut lose a #5 pick and be fine.
    Agreed but maybe this is too much. Hawk certainly has some sort of trade value.

The JSO started this. Here is an exchange I had with Bedard on twitter:

Waldo56 - People need to stop with this trade AJ nonsense. There is a 7M dead cap hit if he is traded. It ain't happening.
    Waldo56 - @Greg_A_Bedard Does McGinn understand the concept of a dead cap hit? TT ain't going to flush 7M down the toilet to trade Hawk.
    Greg_A_Bedard - People have been asking about this. By my calculations, it wouldn't cost the Packers much to trade/cut A.J. Hawk, believe it or not.
    Greg_A_Bedard - $11.85 mill of his $15 mill guaranteed was paid in an option bonus and it's not amortized. In fact, Hawk won't see the 2011 year of his deal
    Waldo56 - @Greg_A_Bedard Option bonuses are amortized Greg. Roster bonuses are not. An option bonus is a signing bonus not paid at signing.
    Waldo56 - @Greg_A_Bedard By my calculations Hawk has a hair over 7M in amortized bonus remaing.
    Greg_A_Bedard - @Waldo56 I don't think so. It was guaranteed. But I could very well be wrong. I'm waiting for an answer from my smarter colleagues.
    Greg_A_Bedard - @Waldo56 was correct @TomSilverstein says it would cost Packers an additional $6.9 mill to cut/trade Hawk this yr. #iAmAnIdiot #packers
    Greg_A_Bedard - Don't see that happening. But next year, when there's no cap and he's due a $10 mill base in '11? That's more likely.
    Greg Bedard......

I <3 Twitter

rbaloha - i have a hunch that capers scheme will allow a lot more of our guys a chance to make some impact plays. just because he's not blowing up the spot in TC doesn't mean he's not more productive on gameday. maybe/hopefully, we'll see some signs of it tonight.

partial - we *think* we'd be fine if we lost hawk. that's just assumed in discussion right now ... a couple injuries and we're singing a different tune as hawk goes on to a pro bowl season with the bears :P

That list from foxsports is just McGinn/JSO regurgitated. Unless they offer additional details or sources, its just repeating what you read in the paper.

Nice job Waldo. Keep their feet to the fire.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

rbaloha - i have a hunch that capers scheme will allow a lot more of our guys a chance to make some impact plays.
    i thought about that last night when KCs 3-4 was up in favres grill in both series he played...also they stuffed AP nicely on 4th down and LBs were key

we have bettr athletes than KC incld. AJ so he SHOULD make more plays

if not, it may be time to move him despite his character....my hopes may have been to high. its time now
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

I think this trade talk stuff is at the least premature. At the least.

And what does anyone really think the Packers would get in exchange? By the accounts of several people here, Hawk did not have a good year last year. And so a GM from another team would give up what?

He has more value to the Packers than could be gotten in return. And really, who thinks Bishop can be a reliable consistent linebacker? Has he really proven that?

Very true mission, this is a huge part of hawks value in my book. He shows everyone around him what its like to be a pro. I hope he bounces back strong.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Very nice, Waldo. It seems you're a private guy that obviously knows more about football operations than the above average guy... what's your background? Did you work in football finance, operations, scouting, coaching??

Waldo has said elsewhere he is a government employee. This smacks of dark corners, conspiracies, and the like.

He may be involved in a secret project involving the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    Waldo has said elsewhere he is a government employee. This smacks of dark corners, conspiracies, and the like.

He may be involved in a secret project involving the Green Bay Packers.
    you wanna know what i think?

i think waldo is some kind of deviated prevert commie spy who's trying to not only flouridate the water at lambeau field, but also the beer and brats. all in an attempt to destroy our precious bodily fluids.

thats how your hardcore commie works