Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiaiver Pickups/Practice Squad

Blog Entries

Wiaiver Pickups/Practice Squad

JSO reports that Obizior and Lumpkin have cleared waivers and been immediately added to the Packers practice squad. More to come...

? HOFer
    Excellent news. Especially Obiozor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JSO
    LB Cyril Obiozor cleared waives and has been signed to the Packers' practice squad as well. He had a chance to sign a practice squad deal with a team that had fewer linebackers on the 53-man roster, but he chose the Packers, his agent, Ian Greengross, said.

That's great news about Obio. Next year he'll likely fight his way into the roster.

Although, if we kept Lumpkin, that probably means that Sutton got picked up... shame that.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Excellent news. Especially Obiozor.
    Fully agree.

Yup, Sutton claimed by Carolina.

Good luck to him.

Blog Entries
    That sucks IMO about losing Sutton.

Ted to speak to the press in about an hour - not that he'll say anything.

Well actually right now there's stuff he can say without saying, you know what I'm saying?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    UPDATE III: QB Brian Brohm has cleared waivers, but he is taking his time deciding which practice squad he plans to join. The Packers are waitting to hear from him and are holding a spot open, but he's definitely talking with other clubs, a league source said.

Tackle Jamon Meredith is considering offers from the Packers and the Buccaneers to be on their practice squad, the source said.
    i think a change of scenery and a more slowly developing vertical passing attack would do Brohm well.

I sure hope we can get Meredith on the PS. He has potential, there just wasn't a roster spot for an OL who won't do anything this year.

Did we claim anybody on Waivers?

Also, did Toribio clear waivers? I have a bad feeling that he didn't.
    </delurk>

The Packers also re-signed rookie defensive end Ronald Talley to the practice squad, his agent said. http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...er/index.shtml

Who? So, how many PS spots does that leave?

Quote Originally Posted by boiga
    The Packers also re-signed rookie defensive end Ronald Talley to the practice squad, his agent said. http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...er/index.shtml

Who? So, how many PS spots does that leave?
    There are eight practice squad spots, three are filled. Two are being held open for a QB (maybe Brohm) and Meredith (if he decides against Tampa). Three are unknown at this point, I hope we can sneak Toribio and Heckendorf onto there.
    </delurk>

Rams apparently claimed Anthony Smith. I didn't know he had to go through waivers...
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64
    Rams apparently claimed Anthony Smith. I didn't know he had to go through waivers...
    Rams also picked up his Packer contract as he didn't clear waivers. Good for Smith.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Blog Entries
    I hope we can sneak Toribio and Heckendorf onto there.
    I agree, Toribio would be an important guy to continue to develop and guard against injury and possible attrition with Pickett next year.

I don't know how Meredith would find a better slot that the Packers. He's got a year to adjust to the NFL game and then a (good chance) at an open path to start.

Obiozor I can see as seeing the grass is greener, which, of course, is why he signed with us. Glad to have Lumpkin. If we need him, at least he gets positive yards if nothing big.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Well actually right now there's stuff he can say without saying, you know what I'm saying?
    If you mean what I think you mean, then the meaning that you actually meant will be quite meaningful.

"Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

I have a suspicion Martin will work out OK. I saw a quote yesterday that he had a spot on the Ravens 53 man roster. Anyone else see that?

McGinn opined that since he didn't receive an offer sheet he wasn't highly thought of, but if he made the Ravens roster as a newly minted safety, I think that trumps the contract dis.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

Witness Protection Rat HOFer
    Sure would be nice to have kept Sutton. Lumpkin is decent. Hope BB decides to remain with Packers.