Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Vs Bears

Packers Vs Bears

Too much time on my hands.
    Fell into thinking about what's going on in Dom Caper's mind.
    I would imagine we will see a few wrinkles he has been holding back.

* I wonder if we are going to see a lot more Clay Mathews than Brady P. this Sunday, for a couple of reasons.
    1. With the Bears tight ends (sep. Greg Olson) most likely to be Cutler's best passing bets to move the chains, LB mobility could be paramount.
    2. We haven't seen much of Mathew's speed and pass rush talent off the edge unveiled in the preseason - and I wonder if the hammy injury was not as big an issue as supposed. Maybe, just maybe Capers was in no hurry to show the opposition another aspect of the defense. We might just see Mathews finally turned loose - and if so, we will quickly learn how much age and injury have affected Bear's left tackle Pace.

* We might well see some 4-2-5, with Aaron K. spending some time back at DE. I'd like the matchup of Aaron vs inexperienced right tackle Chris Williams.

* Wouldn't be shocked to see Al Harris on an early corner blitz. The Bears have to be super aware of the havoc Charles Woodson caused against Arizona and Cutler should have his head on a swivel to his right. In addition, it's almost certain a running back will be assigned to shade right to slow down such a move. Harris coming from the other side might be sweet.

Can't wait for Sunday night!
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

You have some interesting points there TS. I think Poppinga will be in there during every run down at least. He's been very dependable against the run lately and Dom will likely be trying to stop Forte long before worrying about the TE's. I could see Clay coming in on passing downs to make better use of his speed and elusiveness. The TE's will mostly be Chillar's or a safety's responsibility.

Kampman will be scaring Williams plenty without having to put his hand down. I'm confident he'll be in the QB's face (and blindspot) all night.

I like your Al Harris prediction though. It'd be hilarious to see dirty1 force a fumble on the QB. We need a new pic of a chicago QB being violated by a sack.

Blog Entries
    One of Dom's nickel sets is a 2-4-5.

in that one, Kamp puts his hand down and rushes, so it's really a 3-3-5.

Matthews? I thought the hammy was still bothering him.

I didn't want to start a thread just for this, but you've mentioned Kampman, so it seems appropriate to insert this comment from Kampman here. He's talking about studying the opposing team's offense: "you’re always looking for little tidbits here and there, little bits of wisdom. Try to listen to the formation, because it will talk to you if you let it.”

He's the offense-whisperer!

Rat Starter
    Just an aside here.
    With a certain QB wearing an ugly color this year, many seem to think that GB/Minny is the biggest game.
    I just want to say that Bear week is always the biggest game. Man I hate the FIBS! Sunday can't get here fast enough!!!!!

The Bears games are always the games I look forward to the most...one of my best friends is from Alpha Illinois and is a huge Bear fan so we always get together and watch the game. Man has that fucker been talking shit the past week....Cutler this and Cutler that....someone needs to mount that boy (Cutler) and put an end to this talk.

Beating the Bears on National TV would be such a sweet way to start the season.

Go Pack!

Wherre's the Bear trolls this week?

Bearman? Baddest Bear? How are we supposed to get ready for this game if you're not here to post crazy predictions?

...are the odds of of a bikini girls sighting a 100 percent for this game?

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz

Bearman? Baddest Bear? How are we supposed to get ready for this game if you're not here to post crazy predictions?
    Only way they show up in this thread is if things don't go our way.

I am so stoked for the game.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

I expect da Bears to throw to Forte and their 2 good TE's a lot, and I expect them to run into Kampman's area early, and I wonder if he can keep up with TE's, we'll see.

Johnny Jolly will tip at least 2 passes.
    At least 1 will be intercepted.

I've been skulking around a couple of Bears sites. The fans seem to think that attacking the Pack in the middle area - linebackers and just behind them - with two tight ends and running backs might "soften up" the defense for the running game. Not much mention of the Bears and their new golden boy going vertical.

Those drinking Bears Koolaid are not paying much attention to their poor-looking secondary.
    If the O-line permits Aaron time to throw, I think our receivers will have VERY sweet days.

Gamblin' Rat
    I have a bet with a co-worker Bear fan. Loser has to wear the other teams jersey on casual friday next week all day. Has to have their picture taken and have that picture posted in their office for the entire season. I thnk he will look good in green and gold.....

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan
    I have a bet with a co-worker Bear fan. Loser has to wear the other teams jersey on casual friday next week all day. Has to have their picture taken and have that picture posted in their office for the entire season. I thnk he will look good in green and gold.....
    Any chance you can post the result?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Is this the "official" game thread Shadow?
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz

Here they are! Waddya meen we didint gedda ferst down???

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Larry David of Curb Your Enthusiam (best. show. EVER!) predicts the Pack lose at home

However, he also picks the Vikes to lose at Browns...wow!

Sunday cant come fast enough; Charles Stanley visiting our church, Lord favre early game, then redskins game at 1 est, then pack at night...PLUS fred hammond cd released! beautiful...

LET'S GOOOOOO....!!
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Ya know the only name you're supposed to be excited about having in your church is Jesus. Anyone else is idolatry.

I have a friend who roots for the Browns. I may have to record that game.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Ya know the only name you're supposed to be excited about having in your church is Jesus. Anyone else is idolatry.

I have a friend who roots for the Browns. I may have to record that game.
    You sure? Might be ugly.....