Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Giving Hawk his due

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ? HOFer

read that. Hawk played a very solid game. The glorified safety got a game ball though.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    I read that Hawk played decent and did what they wanted him to do. That was one game, though.
    Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006
    I read that Hawk played decent and did what they wanted him to do. That was one game, though.
    You make it sound like he hasn't been doing this before now. He's been solid since he got here.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006
    You make it sound like he hasn't been doing this before now. He's been solid since he got here.
    Solid indeed. No one will confuse him with Lawrence Taylor but a solid player from the total crap shoot, the NFLs first round.

His takedown late in the game on Hester running down the sidelines was key. Wondering if that would have occurred if Bishop would have been playing in his place - guessing not.
    60% of the time it works every time.

Witness Protection Rat HOFer
    Hawk played well. Still not at the level of Urlacher or Wills and most likely never will.

No need to resign after 2010.

I saw a play in the second half in which Hawk was running side-by-side with, I think, a tight end. Good coverage, pretty far down the field.

His presence right around the ball was heartening.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    I saw a play in the second half in which Hawk was running side-by-side with, I think, a tight end. Good coverage, pretty far down the field.
    I remember that play as well, Fritz. Hawk looked good.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha
    Hawk played well. Still not at the level of Urlacher or Wills and most likely never will.

That all depends on what they have backing him up and what he's cost to keep. It will be interesting to see if his stock goes up this year. I suspect it will. He was all beat up last year.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Silly talk. We have no idea what he would be asking, how much he improves, and what we have behind him.

Willis and Urlacher? LOL! So I guess Hawk has to play at Hall of Fame level for us to resign him. (Yes, I believe Willis may be on his way to a Hall of Fame career, if injuries don't derail him. I think he's that good.)

BTW, Urlacher isn't at the level of Urlacher anymore.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers

Silly talk. We have no idea what he would be asking, how much he improves, and what we have behind him.

Willis and Urlacher? LOL! So I guess Hawk has to play at Hall of Fame level for us to resign him. (Yes, I believe Willis may be on his way to a Hall of Fame career, if injuries don't derail him. I think he's that good.)

i thought the same thing Harve. if they had someone better they would have benched or traded him already.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey

i thought the same thing Harve. if they had someone better they would have benched or traded him already.
    Playing time is being reduced -- takeaway what you want. The point is with Urlacher and Willis is lbs are generally not taken this high -- if you are, these are examples of where you should be. Yes, Urlacher is not the same but is still a force that needs to be accounted for on every snap. An injured Urlacher still outperforms a healthy Hawk.

Cousinneau (sp) and Bruce both went high and were busts.

The decision about whether to resign Hawk, how much to play him, and how much to pay him should have nothing to do with where he was drafted at this point. As underwhelming as Hawk has been from time to time he has been a consistently solid contributor and two good ILBs are needed to work in this scheme.

Plus, I mean, as much as we want to rag on the guy... he's still one of the 4-5 best players drafted among the top 16 that year in what was a very hyped, and ultimately very underwhelming draft.
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey

Playing time is being reduced -- takeaway what you want. The point is with Urlacher and Willis is lbs are generally not taken this high -- if you are, these are examples of where you should be. Yes, Urlacher is not the same but is still a force that needs to be accounted for on every snap. An injured Urlacher still outperforms a healthy Hawk.

Cousinneau (sp) and Bruce both went high and were busts.
    cousineau was hardly a bust. He played in the CFL first for more cash..and was a star and won the Grey Cup's most valuable player.

He signed with the browns and played there for 5 years...was there leading tackler for 3 and was a two time all-nfl player.

He may not have become a HOF, but labeling him a bust is just wrong.

Even Bruce hardly qualifies. Guys that play 11 years in the NFL shouldn't be labeled busts. That is a way harsh term, but Bruce certainly is closer than Cousineau..and Ty can certainly see your point at least on him.

What sort of (pad) level are we talking about here?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64
    The decision about whether to resign Hawk, how much to play him, and how much to pay him should have nothing to do with where he was drafted at this point. As underwhelming as Hawk has been from time to time he has been a consistently solid contributor and two good ILBs are needed to work in this scheme.

Plus, I mean, as much as we want to rag on the guy... he's still one of the 4-5 best players drafted among the top 16 that year in what was a very hyped, and ultimately very underwhelming draft.
    Does Urlacher and Willis come off the field?

Does Urlacher and Willis come off the field?
    That's totally irrelevant as to whether or not Hawk should be retained.
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    read that. Hawk played a very solid game. The glorified safety got a game ball though.
    Nice little jab at me.

He didn't play a single snap of run (base) defense, only playing in pass defense sets. I wonder why?

He's good at the task he is used for, coverage and blitzing.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    I thought Urlacher was the glorified safety.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck