Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Impressions, "Not to F%cking good!"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

First Impressions, "Not to F%cking good!"

One hell of a preseason for the Green Bay Packers equals two unimpressive games so far in the regular season and a 1-1 record. That is the bare bones about it.

The offense was responsible for a whopping total of 10 points today, and I don't know if they get ten points if McCarthy doesn't choose to kick a field goal with 45 seconds left down 31-24. This offensive line is a mess, and that is with Barbre playing decently for the majority of the game. The loss of Chad Clifton is a brutal one. The one player on the offensive line that can't get hurt does. Why can't he get hurt? Because this team doesn't actually have a back up left tackle. Sure Colledge can play left tackle but he is a left guard, not a left tackle. Tough move to make with a sprained foot in the middle of the game.

Rodgers is shell shocked, and it took all of a game and a half for it to happen, sure the protection wasn't great, but they don't need Rodgers scrambling himself into sacks, and also he should realize that his offensive line is beat up, yet he hangs on to the ball way too long, especially when the team is right on the verge of field goal range. He needs better awarness, and he needs to step up in the pocket instead of running out of it. Rodgers was also off target today.

To many mental mistakes and penalties. I am beginning to expect this every year now, why because the Packers are the youngest team every year in the league. So Packer fans, get used to it as well. So many dropped balls in the first half, Finnely, Jennings, and Grant are players that I can name off the top of my head that dropped balls. Not a great way to start a game.

Special teams looked well, special. Two long punt returns inside the Packer's ten yard line, really handicapped the defense.

Speaking of defense, they sort of sucked balls. If not for Chuck Woodson would this team have any points? He was the man all day long. Kampman, does the same thing every play and never gets to the QB, same with Mathews. Linebackers looked completely engulfed today, which you can blame on the defensive linemen. Chillar and Barnett couldn't stand up at the point, and at the very least Hawk would take on blocks, but couldn't get off them to make plays. Secondary, two reserve safeties make for a long day. Bush at safety makes me want to punch Thompson in the balls. No matter how big of a prick Anthony Smith is in the lockerroom he could have been a big difference today.

My buddy was trying to convience me that this team is no better than 8-8, I argued with him thinking that this team has to good of talent to be 8-8, I was thinking playoffs. Now 8-8 looks pretty good.

Let me guess...Given up huh?

Thats how I felt last year b/c of favre mess

but not this year

so y do u? Im sure uve answered but im curious
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

I could honestly care less how this Packer team does, If they win, great, if they lose, to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    I could honestly care less how this Packer team does, If they win, great, if they lose, to bad.
    So why are you even here???
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by falco
    For this,

"Lick my balls"

It's going to be very hard to win games behind that O-line.

For this,

"Lick my balls"
    I would think there are better websites for that...
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

For this,

"Lick my balls"
    I would think there are better websites for that...
    Naw, this is the best, pure uncontrolled ball licking, I was thinking hell the folks on here do a nice job with McCarthy's and Thompson's balls, why not give it a shot.

Senior Rat Veteran Dabaddestbear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Hey its possible. The QB has just got to get used to how to play on the scramble more often. The more tape people see, the more they will choose to scheme blitzes at you to keep you rattled.

Senior Rat All-Pro

My thinking ran along about the same lines this afternoon - looking at the roster and counting up those of a youthful age and wondering - Why so many? Offense was a mess.

It's going to be this way, this is how TT makes his selections every spring and there's not a thing we can do about it.

I think what's really disappointing is watching them learn the new plays, the 3-4. Seeing and hearing of them already doing a
    great job and reading of them being excited about it.

Maybe it was just a fluke today and by next weekend we'll have it under control? It hurts to see your QB slammed on the ground every other play.

There's one thing to smile about - the Pats lost today!!
    Is it really a halo or
    just a swelled head ?

Yeah, it's too bad that they can't make up for the 10 seconds that are needed for the WR's to get open and for AR to decide to throw it.

I thought that Aaron was under very little pressure that wasn't his own doing today.

One of Colledge's sacks and Hall's whiff were the two that I thought were definitely on the OL. Constant pressure though. No. Not at all.

The others, Aaron held it way too long.

IMO MM is big time struggling to call plays this year. What the hell is he doing. Where are the quick routes and the stuff that takes advantage of teams bringing the heat. MM is calling plays as if he has the 90's Dallas line going up against the '08 Lions defense.

Proverbial sky has def fallen according to some

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldo
    Yeah, it's too bad that they can't make up for the 10 seconds that are needed for the WR's to get open and for AR to decide to throw it.

I thought that Aaron was under very little pressure that wasn't his own doing today.

One of Colledge's sacks and Hall's whiff were the two that I thought were definitely on the OL.

IMO MM is big time struggling to call plays this year. What the hell is he doing. Where are the quick routes and the stuff that takes advantage of teams bringing the heat. MM is calling plays as if he has the 90's Dallas line going up against the '08 Lions defense.
    I agree with this for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo

One of Colledge's sacks and Hall's whiff were the two that I thought were definitely on the OL. Constant pressure though. No. Not at all.

You know, this type of "defense" of the OL has been going on for the better part of three years.

I don't buy it.

Yes, Rodgers clearly held the ball too long. But why? Unfortunately the camera angles on CBS didn't let me see the receivers very much at all. So, I don't know.

But what I do know is that the cincy DL was getting pressure with their line. This tells me that they had a 7th guy in coverage. So, why is that not the fault of the line? It's 5 on 4 and the bengals got consistent pressure, and won the battle. if you look at the instances of max protect there may have been times it was 6 on 4.

This is a systemic problem with this OL over multiple years. One week, this guy broke down, the next week the other guy broke down... consistency has always been the issue I've had with this line and nothing I saw today changed that.

The offensive line was at fault, ask anyone that has ever played offensive line and they will admit that if the QB goes down, it was their fault.

Although Rodgers is having his troubles in the pocket, plays are taking to long to develop down field, and receivers are dropping balls. The offensive line is also having troubles run blocking and Grant is spending way too much time in the backfield choosing what hole he wants to run through. Seams are there although they aren't open long enough for Grant to make up his mind.

Just thought I would put that in there as well

Favre is 2-0 so far this year, also thought I would throw that in there as well

Although Rodgers is having his troubles in the pocket, plays are taking to long to develop down field, and receivers are dropping balls. The offensive line is also having troubles run blocking and Grant is spending way too much time in the backfield choosing what hole he wants to run through. Seams are there although they aren't open long enough for Grant to make up his mind.
    What holes? THAT is a big problem. There weren't many holes.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    Now your eyes might not be as trained as mine, but there were seams there created by the offensive line, I didn't see the offensive line get blown up very often, it just seemed that the running plays, like our passing plays took too long to develop.

? HOFer
    Now your eyes might not be as trained as mine, but there were seams there created by the offensive line, I didn't see the offensive line get blown up very often, it just seemed that the running plays, like our passing plays took too long to develop.
    I feel like we'd have better success if we stuck with it. We had all of 3 runs in the second half

I'm sure that my eyes are not as trained as yours. Also they're older. I didn't see seams. What I saw was an RB with little to no running room.

With what he had, I thought he did pretty good. except for the fumble. that was tough.