Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharper Shake

Sharper Shake

I still miss that cat

And he's still gettn it done for N.O.

Has 3 ints in 2 games, returned one 97 yards for TD (9th career tying Prime Time for 2nd behind Woodson)

I would love him and OUR woodson to be back there together for us
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Get outta here with this crap...

I was glad to see him go. He hasnt made a tackle in 7 years.

Never happier for a good player to leave than when Sharper left. The definition of unsound.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I tried finding his "hit" on Owens in the playoff loss but no luck. Guy hits like a 9 year old girl and has been cherry picking for his entire career.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    More love for 'Day late, dollar short Sharper.'

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=4thand26.flv
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Polka Rat Starter
    All the Packer garbage seems to have gravitated to Minnesota, and even they didn't keep Sharper.

If Barnett doesn't learn to keep his mouth shut and just play football, I'd be happy to see him head there too.

As a Cub fan, I've had my fill of "it's about me" players. (See Milton Bradley.)

For all his interceptions and touchdowns, does anyone remember one from Sharper when it really mattered? When it changed momentum? Yesterday he scored the last TD in a 48-22 victory, didn't he? Yup, that 19 point lead was in danger until Sharpers big interception and TD with a minute left in the game.

Watching highlights of that game, I also saw Sharper not making plays in Philly highlights.

Dayum, NO one here liked sharper as a packer?

So basically its becasue of longevity and playn with other SOUND players that has led to him putting up respectable numbers?

I normally dont support the pretty boys, and loathe his role in TO fiasco and 4th and 26, so i understand some of the sentiment. But he's no buster, top 5 in packers safetyy lore

Could be that im just still in love with that era beofre i was scarred by FA

My bad

Not everyone's the same so Be nice Hitman Mission...

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Sorry Mobb - but as to Sharper, Goodbye, good luck, good riddance.

I'd rather have Mike Hawkins back. Seriously.

Blog Entries
    I'd take Sharper back in a second; he's been better than any safety post Sharper that I can recall except for Collins
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy

I will punch you in the balls for making that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    I'd take Sharper back in a second; he's been better than any safety post Sharper that I can recall except for Collins
    Good point B

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    Good point B

There may be one, but I can't think of anybody better we've had as a starter since we let him go except Collins. He's not as good now as he was back then but if Collins is out IMO he's better than anybdoy back there.

TT let him fly by not offering him too dam much and he went to more wealthy pastures. Perhaps they should've kept Sharper and let Bubba go on his way.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    For all his interceptions and touchdowns, does anyone remember one from Sharper when it really mattered? When it changed momentum? Yesterday he scored the last TD in a 48-22 victory, didn't he? Yup, that 19 point lead was in danger until Sharpers big interception and TD with a minute left in the game.

Watching highlights of that game, I also saw Sharper not making plays in Philly highlights.
    He is Bobby Bonilla with the Mets and Orioles.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Dayum, NO one here liked sharper as a packer?

So basically its becasue of longevity and playn with other SOUND players that has led to him putting up respectable numbers?

I normally dont support the pretty boys, and loathe his role in TO fiasco and 4th and 26, so i understand some of the sentiment. But he's no buster, top 5 in packers safetyy lore

Could be that im just still in love with that era beofre i was scarred by FA

My bad

Not everyone's the same so Be nice Hitman Mission...
    Sharper was/is a glory hound. He ran back INTs he should have fallen on to protect possession and ran out of the endzone when a touchback would have been preferable.

He never covered as well as his corner background and physical tools should have allowed him, so he could never have played a role like Butler.

And he was worse than Deion in run support. And it wasn't because he was afraid of contact, but because as a Free Safety he took the most horrendous angles for tackles that I have ever seen. He makes Aaron Rouse look like Steve Atwater. As the last line of defense, Sharper could always be counted on to add 15 yards to a play because he would make an initial miss then have to chase the guy down.

The definition of unsound. There are worse, none more frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy

I will punch you in the balls for making that statement.
    I can't even go that far. And I would trade Sharper for a ham sandwich.

Good point B

There may be one, but I can't think of anybody better we've had as a starter since we let him go except Collins. He's not as good now as he was back then but if Collins is out IMO he's better than anybdoy back there.

TT let him fly by not offering him too dam much and he went to more wealthy pastures. Perhaps they should've kept Sharper and let Bubba go on his way.
    Hmmmm, thats pretty good GM'ing right there Bret

Something WAS a lil strange with Sharper but I dug his swag and I really believe the team fed off it like the Vikes and now the Saints are

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Good point B

Something WAS a lil strange with Sharper but I dug his swag and I really believe the team fed off it like the Vikes and now the Saints are
    Vikes were good on D before he got there, good when he was there, and they are still good now that he's gone. He really didn't make much difference with his "swag" in MN.

NO is currently #22 in the league of pts allowed and #28 in passing yds allowed and that's going up against a rookie and Kolb in 2 games. That "swag" of his isn't doing a whole hell of a lot.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig
    Good point B

Vikes were good on D before he got there, good when he was there, and they are still good now that he's gone. He really didn't make much difference with his "swag" in MN.

NO is currently #22 in the league of pts allowed and #28 in passing yds allowed and that's going up against a rookie and Kolb in 2 games. That "swag" of his isn't doing a whole hell of a lot.

Besides Nick Collins who have we had since who is as good ?

We've had plenty of Sharper hate the past few years but at the same time nobody cares to point out anybody who has been better.