Y'know, we all fuss and study the minutiae of being an NFL player. We expect them, after a couple years, to know their profession inside and out, to be technicians, to be students of the game.

Lately, I've been catching more and more errors in basic grammar and word use by the writers of the JSO and Press Gazette. There was a couple weeks ago the classic misuse of "its" instead of "it's." And now there's this in a GBPG article listing reasons for optimism. The writer is Mike Vandermeuse:

"No, there’s no such thing as a morale victory."

A morale victory? WTF? It's moral victory.

And before any of you jump on me for being picky, and that it doesn't matter because I should know what the guy meant, consider this:

You get into an accident and bang up your front fender. You've got a big deductible, but you want your car to look right, so you bring it into a body shop.

The shop calls you a few days later and tells you your car's ready. You get there and when you examine the work you see that the fender looks better but still has a dent in it. It's not fixed right.

So you point this out to the body shop guy. He turns to you and says, "Well, that's no big deal. You know what it's supposed to look like."

If you're going to make your living as a wordsmith, then know your craft.