Thread: Game coverage tomorrow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Game coverage tomorrow

I think we've talked about this before, but why isn't the Packer game on in the Twin Cities tomorrow? The Vikings play on CBS, why doesn't FOX air the Packer game at noon?
    GO PACK!!!!

The Twin Cities are dildos. I'm fairly certain that it has something to do with if the Vikings are on, then they don't want a Packer game on no matter what. They want people watching their game.

I don't understand it. Back where I'm from in WI, there is football on every moment that there can be. 2 games on CBS, 2 games on Fox, whether the Pack is playing or not.

I think it's because we love football more over here.

I've heard that too but it just seems so stupid to me. You would think FOX, from the business side at least, would be way better off having the Packers-Bears game on vs the Rams-Titans. I looked at the coverage map, besides their home markets, southern Minnesota is the only damn place in the country showing that game. Why? Because nobody cares about either team.
    GO PACK!!!!

I believe the NFL prohibits FOX from broadcasting a game in the primary home market of an NFC team in case that team is playing a home game on CBS. I'm pretty sure that the Twin Cities Fox Affiliate would be playing a football game if they were allowed to.
    </delurk>

I don't get it either, I'm in college in PA and all you hear about is Philly and thats all they show. Thats why I have to watch it online if I find a working link.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64
    I believe the NFL prohibits FOX from broadcasting a game in the primary home market of an NFC team in case that team is playing a home game on CBS. I'm pretty sure that the Twin Cities Fox Affiliate would be playing a football game if they were allowed to.
    You nailed it. You'd think people would remember the NFL rules regarding airing games since they come into play year after year after year.

I loved it when I was at Winona State, I would get the Minneapolis ABC, CBS, NBC, & FOX, and I would also get some Wisconsin ABC, CBS, NBC, & FOX. On any given weekend, I could have had 4 different football games on. It was awesome.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh