Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favre disses Chilly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Favre disses Chilly

LOL that the clown told chilly he wasnt coming out of the game

Apparently childress wanted him to come out because he was gettn HAMMERED by peppers, et. al

However, he tells chilly "Im stayn in the game. Im playing!"

Could be that he wasnt moving the offense even a little bit

Now, if he was Randy Moss being insubordinate.....hmmmm...

The ship be sinking
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Re: Favre disses Chilly

And now comes word that Chilly tried to bench Favre against Detroit too.

The diva explains:

"But in no way being up 7-6 and being banged around a little bit, would I consider coming out. I don’t even know if I would consider that being down 70-6. But winning the ballgame. I don’t know. ... But believe me, I wanted to get something going, I wanted to score points. I don’t know the answer to that question of what his reasonings were."

I can't even make stuff up this good.

How shocking! This just confirmed what we all suspected all along = Favre is running the show in Minneapolis, just like he tried to do in GB until MM and TT told #4 to shut the hell up and just play QB.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wow.

It's a little later than we all thought it would be, but the cracks are appearing.

Just doing what I said before the season. Chilly will both protect Favre whenever possible during the game, and will do whatever is necessary to win games. (including benching him if it is necessary) I don't see how this means Favre is running the show, I see this as Chilly getting close to pulling him if he thinks someone can do better. If the #2 spot gets any tighter and if the offense isn't moving and/or Favre not playing well, then he'll likely get pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by mngolf19
    Just doing what I said before the season. Chilly will both protect Favre whenever possible during the game, and will do whatever is necessary to win games. (including benching him if it is necessary) I don't see how this means Favre is running the show, I see this as Chilly getting close to pulling him if he thinks someone can do better. If the #2 spot gets any tighter and if the offense isn't moving and/or Favre not playing well, then he'll likely get pulled.
    You'd better find some wood to knock on .
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Ummm... he didn't pull him.

Childress:

Mr. Favre, we'd really like to put Tavaris Jackson in now to play QB for us. Would that be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Ummm... he didn't pull him.
    Not this time. Read my last sentence.

I think Darrel Bevell needs to remind Chilly who's running this team.

I expect the Vikings will fine Childress over this - conduct detrimental to Favre.

I'm thinking Chilly saw the tackles getting owned by Peppers all game and figured a more mobile QB could help. It's not like Favre was problem, he just may not have been the solution last night.

and if the offense isn't moving and/or Favre not playing well, then he'll likely get pulled.
    Wasn't this happening last night? You can make what you want of it, but Favre said in his own words that Chilly wanted to take him out and Favre said "I'm playing". Yes it does look like Favre is the one running the show. Trust me, we know what that's like here, and it's going in indeed question Chilly's leadership on the team, but didn't we know all along that Chilly isn't a true leader? Knowing Favre and Chilly, none of this is all that surprising.

I'm thinking Chilly saw the tackles getting owned by Peppers all game and figured a more mobile QB could help. It's not like Favre was problem, he just may not have been the solution last night.
    You're exactly right, but most coaches wouldn't be scared to do it if their QB didn't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by imscott72
    and if the offense isn't moving and/or Favre not playing well, then he'll likely get pulled.
    Wasn't this happening last night? You can make what you want of it, but Favre said in his own words that Chilly wanted to take him out and Favre said "I'm playing". Yes it does look like Favre is the one running the show. Trust me, we know what that's like here, and it's going in indeed question Chilly's leadership on the team, but didn't we know all along that Chilly isn't a true leader? Knowing Favre and Chilly, none of this is all that surprising.
    Considering the Vikes were winning at halftime, I can understand Favre's arguement along with don't most starters want to play all the time? The "I'm playing" statement we hear in lots of sports, nothing new. I'm just saying that if the situation arises again, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get pulled. And frankly wouldn't have a problem with it. Favre can't overcome bad play by tackles as well as he used to so why not try something else. I think that is why Jackson is the backup every game over Rosenfels.

Better question is why did this not come up during the Arizona game; a game that was further out of reach.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    Better question is why did this not come up during the Arizona game; a game that was further out of reach.
    Maybe it did? I guess we'll never know, but who knows if Chilly did or didn't approach Brett about coming out of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by imscott72
    Considering the Vikes were winning at halftime, I can understand Favre's arguement along with don't most starters want to play all the time? The "I'm playing" statement we hear in lots of sports, nothing new. I'm just saying that if the situation arises again, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get pulled. And frankly wouldn't have a problem with it. Favre can't overcome bad play by tackles as well as he used to so why not try something else. I think that is why Jackson is the backup every game over Rosenfels.

There's no flaw whatsoever in that logic.

But this was a case of insubordination. Not good.

I'll be VERY interested in seeing what happens Monday night in Chi. Vikes are now 2-3 on grass and that will be very cold. Good Favre or Bad Favre? Chi cares or continues to not show up? Vikes straighten out their tackles or what?