I don't know if Chris Mortenson has said this anywhere else, so I wanted to report it to you people. I was listening to a Detroit sports talk station yesterday, and they were interviewing Chris Mortenson about, of course, the Lions. They asked if he thought the Lions should take a "need" player or take a chance on a QB if one of the big three drops. Mortenson said (of course) that any team ought to take the most talented player.

He then went on to say that any of the big three QB's this year would have last year been the #1 overall pick - all three far better prospects than Alex Smith. To prove that this year's QB crop is considered excellent, and to support his point that talent is more important than need, he mentioned that he happens to know that the Packers (who have many needs) are "fascinated" with one of the three QB's.

I found that highly interesting. To whom do you think he's referring? Given that Leinart seems the most known in terms of what he'll be able to do, I have to think then that Mort was referring to either Vince Young or Jay Cutler, who Mortenson, earlier in the interview, raved about as "Brett Favre-like" in his guttiness.

Don't know if Mortenson has said this elsewhere, but I thought it interesting and so wanted to let you know.