Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Overtime would never have happened

CutlerquitRat HOFer

Overtime would never have happened

if we had a kicker that could make a kick!

besides that GREAT year by the Pack not happy how it ended but F it!

We will only get better in the off season and we are on the upswing not the downswing.

GO PACK GO!!!!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

You could say the same thing for the Cards...

This season just isn't a good season for kickers (for some reason)...

Ex : Cincy (Yesterday) , Dallas (folk) , Skins (missing a 20 yarder to beat saints), Pats kicker today, Ravens kicker this season...

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by packers11
    You could say the same thing for the Cards...

This season just isn't a good season for kickers (for some reason)...

Ex : Cincy (Yesterday) , Dallas (folk) , Skins (missing a 20 yarder to beat saints), Pats kicker today, Ravens kicker this season...
    true...though I remember a time in Packer lore when kickers MADE kicks...

F Crosby and his "misses" he will get them right next year!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Yeah. Any kicker who misses a 54-yarder should be cut on the spot. That's a chip-shot.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

I thought he made up for it with the on sides kick.

Eric Von Zipper Rat All-Pro CaliforniaCheez's Avatar
    It was such a close game that it would not take much to change the outcome.

Rodgers INT

Driver's fumble

The blatant facemask penalty on Rodgers on the final play.

Drops by Driver and Jones

Some over throws by Rodgers

Getting 7 instead of 3 before halftime

The missed (wide right again) FG

Bigby getting injured, Harris, Blackmon, Lee, and Kampmann injuries

Dom Capers being unable to adjust his defense to the glaring weakness being exploited.

Bush and Underwood playing.

Getting in a hole and having to abandon the run.

Just a couple different outcomes on a couple different plays would make the difference.

In the broad picture if 45 points is not enough to win you deserve to lose.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    true! But I really wanted Crosby to make that one dang it

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I agree. More than made up for it. And Stubby was a fool for trotting Crosby out there for a 54 yarder. It's a tough kick for a struggling kicker in struggling game and if you miss, you give up field position. Stubby would have been better served punting or going for it with his offense.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    I agree. More than made up for it. And Stubby was a fool for trotting Crosby out there for a 54 yarder. It's a tough kick for a struggling kicker in struggling game and if you miss, you give up field position. Stubby would have been better served punting or going for it with his offense.

If not for his leg strength, why keep Crosby if not to try on 54 yarders? You certainly aren't keeping him because he's deadly accurate from 45.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

If not for his leg strength, why keep Crosby if not to try on 54 yarders? You certainly aren't keeping him because he's deadly accurate from 45.
    I hear ya, but he's been struggling and his numbers from beyond 50 this year were terrible. Based on stats, Stubby knew it was highly likely he was going to miss it. And that puts you in bad field position. I'm just saying it was the wrong call, not that Crosby (or whatever PK the Packers have) shouldn't be able to make it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I hear ya, but he's been struggling and his numbers from beyond 50 this year were terrible. Based on stats, Stubby knew it was highly likely he was going to miss it. And that puts you in bad field position. I'm just saying it was the wrong call, not that Crosby (or whatever PK the Packers have) shouldn't be able to make it.
    It comes down to understanding your team and players. Blind faith is nice, but it often leads to failure.

he missed a long one early in the game, and missed it by inches

but the onsides kick was perfect

he also had a nice tackle on one return, where he wasn't the last guy to beat. he actually ran past one of our own guys to make the hit

i won't for a second blame this one on crosby, not when the other team hangs 50+ points on us and we spot them 21 points during the game

Quote Originally Posted by red

he also had a nice tackle on one return, where he wasn't the last guy to beat. he actually ran past one of our own guys to make the hit

i won't for a second blame this one on crosby, not when the other team hangs 50+ points on us and we spot them 21 points during the game
    Those are some of the many reasons there are for sticking with Crosby, having patience with him and his development. All of his misses from the right hash mark look identical, and barely miss, for the most part. The consistency is incredible, which would seem to indicate that it is correctable.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler

Those are some of the many reasons there are for sticking with Crosby, having patience with him and his development. All of his misses from the right hash mark look identical, and barely miss, for the most part. The consistency is incredible, which would seem to indicate that it is correctable.
    He might need a new voice in his head indicating what correction to make. He made that correction last week (shorter kick) but got the draw on it. Yesterday, same fade as earlier.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday
    true! But I really wanted Crosby to make that one dang it
    That kick was such a tease. First it started out, then came back in, then went back out for the miss. Just like the game. It was a depressingly symbolic kick...

The way our defense was playing the added field position probably just meant more time being ran off by the Cardinals before they got their 7.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler

He might need a new voice in his head indicating what correction to make. He made that correction last week (shorter kick) but got the draw on it. Yesterday, same fade as earlier.
    I agree. I read that he is self-coached. Has never used a kicking coach. Might be time to go see one this off-season.

That was bad ass. Crosby is one of the better kickers at the onside, I'll give him that.

In fact, I'll credit the 7 to Crosby for that clutch onside.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027
    The way our defense was playing the added field position probably just meant more time being ran off by the Cardinals before they got their 7.
    Agree. In retrospect, I have no beef with that kick given the way the D played.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Blog Entries
    Tell me you weren't happy when Rackers missed his late kick!

That was like getting money from home when you didn't even write Mom a letter.