Thread: Chad Lucas

CutlerquitRat HOFer

Chad Lucas

Packers | C. Lucas sets NFL touchdown mark
    Sun, 9 Apr 2006 18:51:15 -0700

The Associated Press reports Green Bay Packers WR Chad Lucas, playing for the Amsterdam Admirals, set an NFL Europe record with four touchdown catches Saturday, April 8, as the Admirals defeated the Berlin Thunder 38-31. He finished with 120 yards on six catches, with TD scores of 50, 10, 5 and 19 yards.

nice maybe he will turn into something.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Any word on how our corner did this week? He had a couple of picks the first week.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    What about the guy who we sent on the d line. Someone posted that he was a monster in week 1.

DT Jerome Nichols (Frankfurt Galaxy) - Started at left defensive tackle and made a fumble recovery, plus one solo tackle.

This is what he did last week. I think he had three tackles this past weekend, BUT DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT! Not sure.

He is doing real well. Still only has 2 sacks but he is a tackle and not an end.

It is always interesting to see how these guys do when they come back to the states. Most of them never pan out, but maybe it's Lucas' time to break out.

Wasn't that the dude with the hammertoe?
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Any word on how our corner did this week? He had a couple of picks the first week.

Other players doing their job for the Admirals, included ** Atari Bigby, a Packers player who started at free safety and tied for the team lead in tackles with seven.

I love that man's **name.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

Maybe you mean ** this fella Ziggy. See below.

Aside from Lucas' record-breaking performance in that shootout, the other major NFL Europe story of the weekend was the Rhein Fire's 31-21 victory against the Hamburg Sea Devils. That victory gave the Fire a 4-0 record halfway through the NFL Europe season and added juice to this week's anticipated match between the undefeated Fire and the 3-1 Admirals.

Two Packers started for the league-leading Fire on Saturday. Center Pete Traynor helped open holes for 123 rushing yards while ** cornerback Therrian Fontenot ** recorded one tackle and one pass defensed.

In the final game of the weekend, the Frankfurt Galaxy defeated the Cologne Centurions 21-14. Packers defensive tackle Jerome Nichols recorded three tackles for the victorious squad. That win evened the Galaxy's record at 2-2 and positioned them in third place in the league.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Isnt Lucas like 6'3?

Quote Originally Posted by swede
    Wasn't that the dude with the hammertoe?
    I believe that was Anthony Lucas, from Arkansas, with the hammertoes. I think they had to re-break his feet or something awful like that so he could run without pain. Got cut in our training camp, then caught on with the Cowboys, where he blew out each knee in consecutive training camps (I remember seeing this on HBO's training camp documentary on the Cowboys, maybe two or three years ago).
    "What's one more torpedo in a sinking ship?"
    Lynn Dickey, 1984

"Never apologize, mister. It's a sign of weakness."
    John Wayne, "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon"

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar

Re: Chad Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday
    Packers | C. Lucas sets NFL touchdown mark
    Sun, 9 Apr 2006 18:51:15 -0700

The Associated Press reports Green Bay Packers WR Chad Lucas, playing for the Amsterdam Admirals, set an NFL Europe record with four touchdown catches Saturday, April 8, as the Admirals defeated the Berlin Thunder 38-31. He finished with 120 yards on six catches, with TD scores of 50, 10, 5 and 19 yards.

nice maybe he will turn into something.
    Well, at least he can catch and run. A TD of 50 yards is impressive, though I don't have a clue how talented the Thunder are. In a battle of NFL backups, its still nice to see that some of ours have potential.

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Re: Chad Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by jacks smirking revenge

Well, at least he can catch and run. A TD of 50 yards is impressive, though I don't have a clue how talented the Thunder are. In a battle of NFL backups, its still nice to see that some of ours have potential.

tyler
    I could guess and say they're NFL Europe-caliber players...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings