6th PPG Offense

17th YPG Defense
    7th YPG Defense

Packers

13th YPG Offense
    8th PPG Offense

12th YPG Defense
    1st PPG Defense

Two evenly matched NFC heavy weights. The Falcons never lose at home so they have to be slight favorites. The Packers are great road dome teams. McCarthy has a formula that works in loud stadiums. I think he figured that out while coaching in Kansas City. Oakland and Denver are loud. KC is loud. He came with a blueprint and it works.

This is the best game of the season. Should be a close one. A win and it's Packers/Eagles/Falcons undisputed leaders of the NFC.

I think this game is more important to us than them. Hopefully Nance has a few insider tips.

Roddy White is having a monster year. Gonzales hasn't lost much if anything. Michael Turner is a beast when he's healthy, and he's healthy. And Matt Ryan fits into all the same conversations about great QB play that Rodgers is in.

Were going to have our hands full.

Atlanta has a kick ass OL; a lot of work for our front seven. Matty Ice has lost just 1 game at G-Dome (vs Saints)...very impressive. This game would be a bigger road win than NY Jets. Can't beat the destruction of Vikings yesterday though.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Yes, going to Atlanta and getting a win there will be a daunting task. They are a very good team and even better at home.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Hate to break it to you guys, but my mom and dad are going to this game. Normally, you would think "Well that's cool, some fans going to a game," but NO. For the record, the last 2 years my dad has gone to 3 games, only one with me. The 2 games without me were at Tampa Bay last year and Miami this year. We lost both. I went to the Thanksgiving Detroit game with him, we won. It looks like this is almost definitely a loss. Sorry.

Blog Entries
    The Falcons haven't dealt with the likes of Tramon, Chuck, Clay and the B.J. yet.

The Packers have had a nice run going, but sadly the streak will end this week.

That's right, the Falcons are 8-2, so there really is no loss great enough to get the coach fired.

There's a chance to get back on track when the 49ers come to town (if Singletary hasn't been canned by then).
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar

I just watched the Falcons vs Rams game. Falcons O is pretty good but their D is suspect for certain. I like our chances but will expect a much tighter game than recently.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Harley FLHRC Rat Veteran AtlPackFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    Hate to break it to you guys, but my mom and dad are going to this game. Normally, you would think "Well that's cool, some fans going to a game," but NO. For the record, the last 2 years my dad has gone to 3 games, only one with me. The 2 games without me were at Tampa Bay last year and Miami this year. We lost both. I went to the Thanksgiving Detroit game with him, we won. It looks like this is almost definitely a loss. Sorry.

Well, you know what you have to do then, don't you. Jump in your car and join them at the game! With holiday traffic, I would leave now.
    My house is in Georgia but Wisconsin is my home.

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    Apparently the Falcons ran a hurry up style of offense yesterday that ran 70 plays to the Rams 54 plays. We just got to make sure to get their offense off the field and we should have a good chance.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I'm going to go ahead and say that they are overrated.

They lost to a Benless Steeler team
    Crushed the cardinals
    Beat the Saints in OT
    Barely beat the 49ers with Roddy White forcing a fumble on an INT return. Would have lost this game if the DB just kneels.
    Beat the Delhomme led Browns
    Got spanked by the Kolb led Eagles
    Beat the Bengals in a reasonably close game
    Beat the Buccaneers in a close one
    Beat the Ravens in a close one on a patented Roddy White push-off
    Beat on the Rams

I can't see them scoring more than 20 and I can't see us scoring less than 20. Their secondary can be had.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post

Crushed the cardinals
    Beat the Saints in OT
    Barely beat the 49ers with Roddy White forcing a fumble on an INT return. Would have lost this game if the DB just kneels.
    Beat on the Rams

I can't see them scoring more than 20 and I can't see us scoring less than 20. Their secondary can be had.
    Huge key to this game. If the passing attack continues to roll, GB will win.

It's funny all you guys are talking about their offense (White, Ryan, O-line, Gonzo, Turner etc.). Nobody is talking about their defense. They have a bad secondary and the only good one in it is Dunta Robinson. If Arod plays like he did against the Vikes he should be able to carve up their secondary.

Now on defense it will be a great match up. Falcons have a good offense and are clicking now, but the Packers let up 10 points in the last 3 games and are playing lights out.

Edit :Posted same time as people above me ,but I agree. Their defense is susceptible to big plays and passes and will need to step up to stay in the game.

If the Packers continue to keep the penalties low and keep ST close to even, they'll win out. It's amazing how good they are when they're not killing themselves.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    If the Packers continue to keep the penalties low and keep ST close to even, they'll win out. It's amazing how good they are when they're not killing themselves.
    Isn't that so true! When your team isn't spewing yardage in the ST play, penalties and turnovers a competent team can be unstoppable. A team with talent can become serious trouble come playoff time!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Crushed the cardinals
    Beat the Saints in OT
    Beat on the Rams

Well, when you lay it out like that. . . . Yeah, we're going to whip their ass. We beat the Jets (comparable to beating the Ravens). We beat the Eagles (comparable to beating the Saints). . . . We lost three and two of them were so/so teams.

We're playing at the top of our game, but so are they. I don't think we're going to lose, but I know it's going to be a very difficult challenge. The Falcons might not be as good as their record, but they are a bonafide playoff team and playoff games are never easy. This is two playoff teams at the top of their game going head to head. Should be great football.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    They might have made a game out of it had Roddy White not been flagged for PI yesterday. FINALLY. My 20 pt prediction for them is generous.

Like most Packer games, a blowout wouldn't surprise me.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Crushed the cardinals
    Beat the Saints in OT
    Beat on the Rams

I will have this flavor kool-aid with my roast bird.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Cheese & Beer Rat All-Pro MichiganPackerFan's Avatar

Crushed the cardinals
    Beat the Saints in OT
    Beat on the Rams

THe pushoffs concern me, because that leaves calling it up to the officials, and we haven't been fortunate in that regard. Hell, missed pushoffs were huge in the playoff loss last year. I do think that if GB brings their "A" game, they should win a tough game.