View Poll Results: Flynn's Trade Value?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • #1 - A pipedream for fans, but there's a team out there desperate enough...

3 17.65%
  • #2 - He's shown himself to be better than Charlie Whitehurst

8 47.06%
  • #3 or worse - He's better than Charlie Whitehurst, but Charlie Whitehurst wasn't worth a 3

6 35.29%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flynn's Value

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Flynn's Value

With Charlie Whitehurst getting traded for a #3, has Flynn shown his value to be equal, less, or greater--assuming Flynn will be traded before his contract expires, thus netting GB value for his development?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

If I'm the Packers I'm not giving him up for less then a 2nd.

I'm not sure I completely understand the questions.

Having said that, Flynn obviously has value to us. When's his contract up? Rodgers is no Brett Favre in terms of durability but who is? I'll bet TT gets some calls this off season. Wolf parted with a 1 for Favre. I'd take that, again, obviously
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

He's probably better than Whitehurst and has actual game tape to show for it, but that was viewed as an overpayment at the time. If another team is desperate and dumb, maybe you get above a 3rd. But I would doubt it.

I do not, however, advocate trading him now, even for a first. Rodgers has to get over the concussion issue this season and be healthy next year before I start reinvesting backup QBs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

haha so Matt Flynn threw 3 TDs last night and we are talking about not trading him for a 1st round pick? Guess how many TD passes he has for his career? Hes worth a 3rd rounder IMO but I wouldnt trade him for a 2nd just because we have no one behind him and he knows the system so well. Also I'm not worried about Rodgers concussion issue either. If it was 09 he would have played last night against NE. Both plays where he got a concussion I believe any player would have suffered the same with the way his head bounced off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    haha so Matt Flynn threw 3 TDs last night and we are talking about not trading him for a 1st round pick? Guess how many TD passes he has for his career? Hes worth a 3rd rounder IMO but I wouldnt trade him for a 2nd just because we have no one behind him and he knows the system so well. Also I'm not worried about Rodgers concussion issue either. If it was 09 he would have played last night against NE. Both plays where he got a concussion I believe any player would have suffered the same with the way his head bounced off the ground.
    I kinda agree with this. I would take a 1st, but I would flinch at a second because of his value to us at the moment. I want Rodgers to get through next year concussion free.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    haha so Matt Flynn threw 3 TDs last night and we are talking about not trading him for a 1st round pick? Guess how many TD passes he has for his career?
    One more than Jimmy Clausen has in 11 games, and 4 less INTs.

If Flynn gets to play another game and beats the Giants, his value would skyrocket. It's already gone up three rounds in teh last two weeks.

Guy is a gamer.

I'm thinking we could get a 2nd for him right now and that could go up if he wins a couple games.

Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau View Post
    One more than Jimmy Clausen has in 11 games, and 4 less INTs.
    What does Jimmy Clausen have to do with anything?

i'd keep him for awhile unless someone made a stupid offer.

I doubt even a third at this point.

You have to show more than one game's worth - Derek Anderson looked pretty good for almost a year, and I remember a guy named Charlie Batch beating us once, and looking like he had a lot of poise.

I'm not sure if he's worth more, and if he is, how you show it. I still remember being surprised when we got what we did for Hasselback - no NFL film to show much about him. He was a gamer, and Craig Nall wasn't? How did anybody know?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I doubt even a third at this point.

You have to show more than one game's worth - Derek Anderson looked pretty good for almost a year, and I remember a guy named Charlie Batch beating us once, and looking like he had a lot of poise.

I'm not sure if he's worth more, and if he is, how you show it. I still remember being surprised when we got what we did for Hasselback - no NFL film to show much about him. He was a gamer, and Craig Nall wasn't? How did anybody know?
    Not even a 3rd? If Cleveland was calling Philly and offering a 1st round pick for Kolb in the preseason...Flynn is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19 View Post
    Not even a 3rd? If Cleveland was calling Philly and offering a 1st round pick for Kolb in the preseason...Flynn is gold.
    Was that ever confirmed? I thought that was just a rumor.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Was that ever confirmed? I thought that was just a rumor.
    I remember the guys on the Fox Pregame (Bradshaw, Howie Long, etc.) talking about it, but no...I'm not sure it was confirmed.

For a team with everything but a QB that just needs a great game manager. . . Flynn could win big games in this league on the right team.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    For a team with everything but a QB that just needs a great game manager. . . Flynn could win big games in this league on the right team.
    Yes. I was thinking the same thing. He seems to have confidence and good leadership abilities, intelligence and just enough physical skill to put it all to use.

And, conversely, I would also guess that he does not have the overwhelming natural talent needed to overcome the suckiness of a bad team.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

As to the poll, I wouldn't trade him for less than a 2. And I think he's a great fit for a back up role. More talented probably than Pederson and Detmer were, but not much more.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I think he's worth more to us than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I think he's worth more to us than anyone else.
    Exactly. I wouldn't expect teams to offer anything close to what a dependable back-up is worth to us.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Exactly. I wouldn't expect teams to offer anything close to what a dependable back-up is worth to us.
    I think all this trade talk is crazy....Rodgers does have an injury history after all and Flynn has shown that he can do the job if asked.
    C.H.U.D.