Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LB HELP

LB HELP

The agent for Lavar Arrington has said that the Packers are in a strong position to land the LB. Chris Roth on WBAY, TV 2 NEWS just reported.

I didn't even know we were interested.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer
    Holy crap!!

Awesome. Bulldog if you're yankin my chain I may have to punch you right in the babymaker

Blog Entries
    I'm an Arrington skeptic.

He wants big bucks. We could get a couple of the medium priced guys that have been discussed on here for what LaVar would cost.

Check his numbers, he had one big year, the rest of his time he's been hurt and played spotty. Let's pass and get some guards and other needed help.

? HOFer
    1 yr contract. Thats probably what they will do.

I like him. He's got the look of a killer with no soul, but he speaks with intelligence and clarity. How many guys - even nominal starters - would have handled the situation in DC with as much poise and patience as he did last year? Not many - if any. We've got the money. Use it.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damn! Hell yeah!

Tarlam called this since last season almost. He is gonna talk smack!

it ain't news till he's signed.

excuse my cynacism.

Here's the link.

So, did he visit, or not? You guys are all staking out the airport, right?

Of course, according to WBAY, the WWE heavyweight champion was also in town. At least that was confirmed.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Re: LB HELP

Quote Originally Posted by b bulldog
    The agent for Lavar Arrington has said that the Packers are in a strong position to land the LB. Chris Roth on WBAY, TV 2 NEWS just reported.
    I'm not biting on this one. So the agent says "the Packers are in a strong position to land" the LB." Of course they are. Just like they're in a strong position to land Charles Woodson, Ty Law or any other FA still out there....because they have $19 million dollars of cap room, the most of any team.

Sounds to me like a leveraging tatic by the agent to the NFC East and Florida teams LaVarr is reportedly interested in joining.

Sorry for my skeptism, but as I noted when there was pursuit of Adam Vinateri and Charles Woodson...I'll believe it when I see it (as in signed).

Let's play the IF game... if the Pack picks up LA, who does TT draft? Best case, trade down with Denver (picking up two 1st rounders) and get some offensive weapons. Thoughts?

I'm with Harlan. Didn't we hear the same thing about Vinatieri and Woodson?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    It would be neat if this story meant a hill of beans. I will believe it when I hear TT talk about signing Lavar, I think it is a ploy by Arrington and his agent to get Miami to pony up some more cash.

I think it's a ploy also. I refuse to get myself attached to any possible signee--since we've been toyed with all offseason. It would be interesting to know if Arrington was really that excited or if that's just a load of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    It would be neat if this story meant a hill of beans. I will believe it when I hear TT talk about signing Lavar, I think it is a ploy by Arrington and his agent to get Miami to pony up some more cash.

Yea ! The thing I read on this deal said that he was so excited about the prospect of joining the Packers that he was going to call Brett Favre and tell him "lets get it on" !

If that's the case then forget about Lavar.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Will the Ravens cut Ray Lewis come June?

With Mike Sherman, you'd have Arilington, Barnett and Lewis starting at LB and Woodson, Harris, Collins, Michael Huff in the secondary, and John Abraham, Pickett, Kampman and KGB at DL.

Alas, Mike Sherman is GM no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear

With Mike Sherman, you'd have Arilington, Barnett and Lewis starting at LB and Woodson, Harris, Collins, Michael Huff in the secondary, and John Abraham, Pickett, Kampman and KGB at DL.

How do you figure Sherman would have gotten Arrington, Lewis, Woodson, Abraham, Pickett AND resigning Kampman?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

With Mike Sherman we would be..., oh yeah I forgot, he is an assistant in Houston. He never even got a shot at a HC position. What about Sherman again??

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear

How do you figure Sherman would have gotten Arrington, Lewis, Woodson, Abraham, Pickett AND resigning Kampman?
    Well, he would have $30 mil wont he? (5 mil would be tied up in Wahle).