Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WHAT DO YOU DO WITH............................ ???

Blog Entries

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH............................ ???

HESTER

Do you even entertain kicking to him ?
    Do you pooch the kicks and boot the punts out of bounce ?

Let's not forget key plays in how we lost to the Bears. Hester nearly took one to the house and he did take one to the house a second time. He's the best in the business......heck probably the best return man ever.....and to be nice we have a poor coach on ST and probably subpar talent.

This guy is a touchdown time bomb who can change games. Perhaps we lose field position by not giving him a shot but at least we don't give up a TD

This decision could be important for Sunday's outcome

Do you give our special teams a chance to shine or just admit defeat, in a sense, and not even try to stop him

Do you give Hester the chance to beat us a second time in one year ?

Chime in Rats
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Keep the ball away from Hester. Punt to the sidelines and pooch the kickoffs. You do that with anyone's coverage teams, but with the Packers' it's a no-brainer.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    line drive kickoffs out the back of the endzone (OK, that won't work with a cold ball - angle to the sideline and hope it doesn't go out of bounds or pop up and stop the O-lineman for chrissakes!). On punts - well, never punt!

kick the ball out of bounds and let the bears start at the 40.

i watched the bears game yesterday and every time hester touched the ball on a kickoff he almost broke it

we can't let their special teams beat us, and frankly, i think that would be the only way we lose

I'm scared, Adrienne! I'm scared!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    I'm scared to see them kick the ball to Olin Kruetz much less Hester.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    line drive kickoffs out the back of the endzone (OK, that won't work with a cold ball - angle to the sideline and hope it doesn't go out of bounds or pop up and stop the O-lineman for chrissakes!). On punts - well, never punt!
    I am very, very against popping up to a lineman. If Kreutz breaks Connoly's record, I will puke.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

If you look at the average starting field position (by kicking away) in week 1 - it killed the Pack. It felt like the Bears were starting from their 40 every time. Twice we let them start at their 40 yard line on kickoffs (not involving Hester).

If we kick away - we'll have to be fine with shorter punts out of bounds - giving up 10-15 yards a pop on possible field position.

Our starting field position sucked...
    1st half - 40 (from a missed FG), 10, 7, 18, 42 (at half) - ignoring the missed FG and late kick and the Pack was pinned back 4 times
    2nd half - 15, 1, 28, 26 - again pinned inside the 30 (and when we got the turnover on downs at the 1 we punted to Hester for his TD return).
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Doesn't matter, with Bigby on kick coverage, he'll just blast Hester out of the game with one of his patented big hits.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Blog Entries
    Completely out of character, Bigby re-aggravated his hammy and probably won't play next week. Corey Hall, the other guy who seems to be able to tackle on special teams, also re-injured his knee.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Completely out of character, Bigby re-aggravated his hammy and probably won't play next week. Corey Hall, the other guy who seems to be able to tackle on special teams, also re-injured his knee.
    I'd like to see our starters out there tackling on special teams.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

Squibby says: "Squib it boy, squib it good...time out for fun!"
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Harley FLHRC Rat Veteran AtlPackFan's Avatar
    Onside kicks and make sure you recover them all and as mraynrand said, don't punt.

Hell, I don't know. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I guess I would agree with Vince's idea....pooch the kickoff and punt out of bounds.
    My house is in Georgia but Wisconsin is my home.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    kick the ball out of bounds and let the bears start at the 40.

i watched the bears game yesterday and every time hester touched the ball on a kickoff he almost broke it

we can't let their special teams beat us, and frankly, i think that would be the only way we lose
    Or if the refs call another 18-3 penalty game...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Jets and Bears had a cat and mouse game going yesterday. On kickoffs, the Jets were kicking short to keep it away from Hester. The Bears then put Knox and Manning as the upman to try and take advantage of this. Jets responded by kicking deep, thinking the blocking wouldn't be as good since the speedsters were up there. Hester still burned them.

I think we need to kick it short and pop it up to try and keep it away from him, even if it means Bears consistently starting at the 30-35.
    Go PACK

Keep it away from him.

can you opt to do a free kick on a kickoff. like what you do after a saftey?

i'd rather see a high pop up as opposed to a squib

Don't kick to the fucker...punt it out of bounds and kick line drives or knuckle balls on kickoff.
    C.H.U.D.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Here's a nice bit about directional punting that Peter King put up. It's from Chris (Warcraft) Kluwe from the Vikes.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...week-16/1.html
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I'd like to score 45 again so that it doesn't matter.