Thread: The Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Overblown. We had two 4th quarter drives. On the first one, we got a first down by running the ball and then got into 3rd and 1 on our next set of downs. We ran the ball. It's really hard to fault a team for trying to run it on 3rd and 1. Sorry, I just don't see the big deal there. On the second one, we ran it twice like most teams and tried throwing on third down and got sacked. I could see throwing play action on 2nd down, but I just can't get that worked up about the play calling when I disagreed with one play call for the quarter.

Coaching is more than play calling. It's getting a team to compete in every single game. Very few letdowns. It's getting a beat up team to overcome their injuries. No excuses by the coaching staff. It's getting a team to play well three consecutive weeks when their backs are against the wall. It's taking a young QB and molding him into an elite QB. It's getting 53 men to believe in what you are selling.

Well Harv', I'm the most fluctuating fan on this board, always changing my mind 'n all. I say: Saint the Packer bastard.

Now, if they lose in Atlanta, it's back to "Off with his Pittburghian head!".

I hope this answers the question, mate.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Overblown. We had two 4th quarter drives. On the first one, we got a first down by running the ball and then got into 3rd and 1 on our next set of downs. We ran the ball. It's really hard to fault a team for trying to run it on 3rd and 1. Sorry, I just don't see the big deal there. On the second one, we ran it twice like most teams and tried throwing on third down and got sacked. I could see throwing play action on 2nd down, but I just can't get that worked up about the play calling when I disagreed with one play call for the quarter.

Coaching is more than play calling. It's getting a team to compete in every single game. Very few letdowns. It's getting a beat up team to overcome their injuries. No excuses by the coaching staff. It's getting a team to play well three consecutive weeks when their backs are against the wall. It's taking a young QB and molding him into an elite QB. It's getting 53 men to believe in what you are selling.
    This is good stuff. Keep it up and you'll put Tony Robbins out of business. I agree. McCarthy (and Dom) have been tremendous.